Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Do you name your mirages when you capture them?

If so, have you got any interesting names for mirages that you would like to share?

The main problem naming that I have discovered is that I sometimes name a mirage based on a particular aspect of the appearance of their current form, but upon evolving them they can sometimes change completely into what sometimes seems to be an entirely unrelated monster!

-

I named some of mine after some of the FFF mascots (so a behemoth became Barry, a malboro became Mortimer, and a tonberry became Terence).

I've decided to name some mirages after various pop culture references:

• a mindflayer squid creature became Cthulhu
  • a sylph became Tinkerbell
  • a penguin / ice-Quacho became Pingu
  • a dog (nakk?) became Baskerville after the Sherlock Holmes story
  • a skull eating squirrel became Yorick (alas, poor Yorick, etc)
  • and a mini-skeleton creature became Fortesque after Sir Daniel Fortesque from the Medievil franchise.

Those are some examples.

What about you?

Do you name your mirages when you capture them?

If so, have you got any interesting names for mirages that you would like to share?

The main problem naming that I have discovered is that I sometimes name a mirage based on a particular aspect of the appearance of their current form, but upon evolving them they can sometimes change completely into what sometimes seems to be an entirely unrelated monster!

-

I named some of mine after some of the FFF mascots (so a behemoth became Barry, a malboro became Mortimer, and a tonberry became Terence).

I've decided to name some mirages after various pop culture references:

• a mindflayer squid creature became Cthulhu
  • a sylph became Tinkerbell
  • a penguin / ice-Quacho became Pingu
  • a dog (nakk?) became Baskerville after the Sherlock Holmes story
  • a skull eating squirrel became Yorick (alas, poor Yorick, etc)
  • and a mini-skeleton creature became Fortesque after Sir Daniel Fortesque from the Medievil franchise.

Those are some examples.

What about you?

Sorry that I did a quote but I am learning this forum and I did a refresh and it logged me out.

I noticed this thread is quite old but I thought I would chime in.

I keep the original name to the mirage so that it is easier to identify them. I try to only keep one of each mirage but I do have multiples of a few. I did not do this but for a second copy of a mirage just add a number such as 2 or 3 pending on the count. Trying to come up with a specific name to a mirage seems too complicated and takes up too much time. I rather spend my time playing the game instead of coming up with mirage names.

im not a fan of changing names in games, ive always stuck to their originals - especially, as mentioned above they are easier to identify

I nickname all Mirages I plan on using. Or when the situation demands it.

For example, I didn't realise I set the battle music to random. So when I fought the Chocochick (for emphasis: the first enemy you meet in the wild), naturally One-Winged Angel started playing and I just had to name it Sephiroth. I'm glad I actually caught that on video.

Back