Why does FFIV get remade on every console?

Guernsey

Final Fantasy Nut
Gil
I know this isn't limited to FFIV as other games FFVII and Tactics also have spinoffs and sequels but even they pale in comparison to FFIV. FFIV seems to be the game that Square Enix and fans alike hold in a high regard due advancements in technology in the SNES as well as the story that helped to established some of tropes that future games use to this day but I just want to know why that is? I'll admit that FFIV is a good game but it seems as though that this game gets more love than most FFs barring FFVI, FFVII and even the original.

I know this isn't limited to FFIV as other games FFVII and Tactics also have spinoffs and sequels but even they pale in comparison to FFIV. FFIV seems to be the game that Square Enix and fans alike hold in a high regard due advancements in technology in the SNES as well as the story that helped to established some of tropes that future games use to this day but I just want to know why that is? I'll admit that FFIV is a good game but it seems as though that this game gets more love than most FFs barring FFVI, FFVII and even the original.
Why not?
Devs and publishers want more money for selling the same game.
Gamers want to play the game twice or more the come back to it and find the graphics level that has been... lets say outdated, but no! They have a remake which has a bit more acceptable picture.
And they are both happy. (Not really, but it's better than without remakes)

I kind of like it when they do that though - remake or make games accessible across different consoles and platforms. As someone who only had a small number of different consoles growing up, it used to be frustrating when certain games came out on a console I didn't have ><

I only got FFIV when it came out on the PSP - even though it wasn't with the graphics they had on the DS it was still enjoyable and the storyline was interesting.

I think it's a good game to introduce someone to Final Fantasy so perhaps that may be why it's remade a lot? Though with the FFVII remake who knows - we may be seeing more of this in the future.

I can see where you are coming but it makes wonder if FFIV is the game that they hold dear to hearts?

I think FFIV does seem to have a higher standing in Japan than it does in the West.

I read somewhere that FFIV's Love Theme is often studied in music lessons in schools in Japan, but I read that a few years ago (it may no longer be the case).

Perhaps FFIV represents the first Final Fantasy which seemed to get the balance right with story-telling, character development, humour and tragedy... But that is quite a subjective thing.

I see. I guess that is a reason why FFIV is still beloved and remade over the years but the "Love Theme" gets taught in schools?

Possibly the gba remake (i'm not a fan of gba emulators, since they don't have the graphics options and screen resolutions of ps1 and snes emulators.

I don't get it actually. FFIV is good but 6 is better (many says it's the best in the series) and it doesn't even get a DS remake. IV gets too much attention from the makers.

Personally, I think it's because while it's not necessarily the best game in the series, it's the best entry point for newcomers to the franchise. Its story was relatively simple, but had depth without being VIII levels of convoluted, it has the most basic and straightforward skill and level progression in the series, it was the first appearance of the ATB system, and the difficulty, while challenging, is still manageable (unless you're playing the 3D version) since the party members are basically predetermined for you. It (along with III) was the first game to feel like an archetypical FF game.

I'd say probably the simplicity. Of all the Final Fantasies it's probably the most straight forward of the ones that have aged decently. The older ones frankly have not aged well in comparison.

FFIV is simpler compared to what comes later but it is also fair for its day.

Back