easiest final fantasy game and hardest one

QCbelzebuth

Gil
for me easiest is ff is 6
hardest for real is 13 the one i died the most funny fact
ff1 is also really hard

Hardest (unfair bullcrap included) I'd say was FFI or II.

Easiest is FFVII or VIII.

Most challenging (meaning it has the most fair and balanced yet highest challenged) I'd say is either X, XII, or XIII. Probably XII.

The easiest was probably FFVIII. If you did certain things in the beginning (like triple triad and Quetzalcoatl’s card commmand), then the game gets very easy all the way through.

The hardest was probably FFII. I hated the way you leveled up and the game was just wonky to me.

I still can't beat the final thing but I've put over 200;hours into Lightning Returns.
Completed VII and V. X-2 but had problems on X.
Finished IX and XIII the hardest! XI and VIII as well as VI I made it to the last boss on each title.
I have completed XIII-2 on my old PS3, but I am going through and getting all abilities 99%.

If we are talking about first or first few times before you know all the tricks to make the game as easily as possible *cough*FFVIII*Cough*. THen I think the easiest one was actually FFIV. Mainly because it was the "easy mode" that I got and was really dumb down and didn't need much leveling up to be beaten. Then would be probably FFIX, as much as I enjoy this game, there was no real challenging boss throughout the story unless you count Ozma.

As far as the hardest one goes, for me I feel the hardest was FFX. I really got stuck a few times in this game. Seymoure... that monster in the skies of Bevelle, so much about this game made it a challenge.

Out of the main series, it's easily 7. Chuck restore and all on everyone and you're good to go. No strategy needed for any main bosses. No difficulty in the random encounters (except the odd one such as malboro). Simple.

Hardest is probably 5, for me. I always have a hard time with those job systems and I found that there were so many difficulty spikes in that game. I guess 3 could get this award for the same reasons :s.

I can't comment on one that I found as the easiest. I can certainly say which one I found to be difficult, and that was FFX. Yunalesca, the dark aeons, Seymour and his 'Lance of Atrophy' bullshit he did, that game had some memorable boss fights.

I probably make things harder for myself in general as I have a bad habit of rushing through the first playthrough because I want to know what happens story-wise and then end up severely under-levelled ^^;

But once that's done, I think FFVIII and FFX-2 were the ones I completed more easily.

FFX was definitely the hardest one for me in terms of completion (and I still haven't done it fully). Getting through the Dark Aeons, and getting the Celestial Weapons and powering them up (and dodging those thunderbolts!). Still enjoyed it though. I'm assuming the remastered version is still the same?

As others pointed out, VII was ridiculously easy even without grinding or breaking the game. The real easiest one is Mystic Quest though, literally a JRPG designed for babies.

Hardest would be the DS remakes of III and IV.

As others pointed out, VII was ridiculously easy even without grinding or breaking the game. The real easiest one is Mystic Quest though, literally a JRPG designed for babies.

Hardest would be the DS remakes of III and IV.

Ridiculously easy? I think the Carry Armour and Demon Wall would like to have a word with you on that. Those 2 are 2 of the most memorable boss fights for how difficult they were for me the 1st time I played VII.

I’m really surprised that no-one is saying that FFXV is the easiest.

FFXV has tricky moments, sure (a few challenging battles, and then there was Pitioss!), but it was extremely easy to stay alive in the game. I might have constantly thrown potions and phoenix downs at my party to keep them alive, but I didn’t get game overs or get stuck on a boss fight or anything. In most FF games I tended to get stuck on a boss for a while, but that was never the case with FFXV.
I didn’t even see the game over screen until I attempted to pilot the flying car… Since then I have had a few game overs, but only in the car! :argor:

The hardest? Possibly FFII because I could not get used to the weapon and accessory system at the time that I played it (about ten years ago now). My weapons kept missing and at the time I wasn’t sure why. It was impossible to progress through dungeons when my characters could not land hits on any enemy. I got quite far in the game but I never completed it (and typing that reminds me that I would like to complete it one day).

I would have to say the hardest was FF1 mainly cause you had no idea where to go clearly and the very strict mp management of being able to use spells only x times instead of with mp, for me the easiest one was ff9

I can't really say which game is superlatively the easiest, but I agree that FFXV is hardly going to be a struggle for you provided you're always stocked up on potions to chug down. Sure, certain compulsory boss encounters may seem challenging at first, but you're rarely going to see the game over screen so long as you're well stocked on potions, phoenix downs and so on. The game is quite generous in how it allows you to pause the game whenever you need to just to access your curatives, give or take any waiting time for the animation to kick in. When you combine that with a cursory understanding of how to do well in battles (so consider blindside for link combos, wisely spamming ally abilities such as Ignis's Libra Elementia, Armiger mode when available, switching weapons around, stockpiling potent magic spell mixes and investing AP on useful things such as Air Dance and Prompto's crowd control ability), the game's main story will honestly pose very little genuine challenge. Will many fights feel like long slogs? Certainly. Difficult? Not really.

FFIII I feel deserves to be called difficult only if you're not someone who compulsively grinds at every opportunity. There are several points in the game when you have to cast Mini on your own party just to get to a certain area or through a dungeon. This effectively means your party's stats are drastically slashed across the board and frequent enemy back encounters can easily ruin your day in that regard. There are also moments where unless you overgrind, bosses can punish you for not using the "correct" job at that particular juncture. I vaguely remember a boss in a palace made of gold who can easily make mincemeat out of parties unless they're a party of Dragoons. Then there's the biggest feature of the game that warrants its accolade of being difficult while also serving as an indictment of its game design. There is no healing point at all in any of the last three dungeons. There is only one possible save point and that is between the Labyrinth of the Ancients and the Crystal Tower. There is absolutely no save point inside any of the dungeons, so if at any point your party wipes to a boss or regular enemy encounter in the Crystal Tower or the World of Darkness, you're going to have to work your way back there. No shortcuts. The icing on the cake? The World of Darkness is a punishing final dungeon. There are four bosses that must be faced before the final encounter and they are not pushovers. They, like certain Xande clones you will find in treasure chests, love to rain down heavy damage on you with Meteor.

Look, no one likes the Labyrinth of the Ancients, Crystal Tower and World of Darkness dungeons. No one. At least not until FFXIV came along and even then, players had to beat certain annoyingly rare FATEs just to unlock the damn things.

Back