Best part about FF7

Asieo

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
this scene. I had no idea that giving flower, saying stuff based on choices in the beginning was a way of dating someone. The way Cloud just looks bored with the most annoyed music makes this scene so funny. I dont know how they can make this better in the remake, but i so wanna see it. Cloud's reaction and everything is so gold here. He generally just looks annoyed all the time.

Redoing this scene would be a pretty huge challenge. Where J-RPGs without dedicated voice acting and cutscenes could freely linger on incredibly slow scenes like this, a modern game really cannot. So they'd have to be careful to not tread into super cheesy/campy territory. Things need to feel awkward first and foremost, because if it's too hamfisted, it'll just come off as cringy and stupid.

Redoing this scene would be a pretty huge challenge. Where J-RPGs without dedicated voice acting and cutscenes could freely linger on incredibly slow scenes like this, a modern game really cannot. So they'd have to be careful to not tread into super cheesy/campy territory. Things need to feel awkward first and foremost, because if it's too hamfisted, it'll just come off as cringy and stupid.

You're asking way too much from the "genius" who turned Reno and Rude into the FF7 equivalent of Jar Jar Binks.

You're asking way too much from the "genius" who turned Reno and Rude into the FF7 equivalent of Jar Jar Binks.

I'm not asking anything, lol. I'm more than aware of the problem this remake is facing because of Nomura. I'm just pointing out that there is a way to do stuff like this correctly, albeit it wouldn't be easy.

Back