[Birthweek 2017] Moogle Murder Mystery - Game Thread.

"By Jove!" exclaims Hildibrand, bending to pick up the...whatever this thing is. It looks like it was shat out by a Chocobo.

"Pardon me, kind sir," Hildibrand then turns to the rather unhealthy-looking Moogle who has been surveying him for the last few seconds or so, "does this particular item of interest belong to you? I must ask, because a gentleman always ensures that he returns a lost item to its rightful owner. Ohoho, there is no need to thank me. Your unspoken gratitude is all the figurative remuneration I need.

"Before I forget, I am on the hunt for a cold-blooded killer who has sadistically slain one of your brethren over yonder downstairs. I must track him down before he claims the pompom another innocent Moogle. I will need all the help of the denizens of this establishment this evening. Have you seen or heard anything suspicious in the last hour or so...I mean, besides the giant statue crashing down just before. Negligent museum staff, I assure you!"

Kira Frazer scoffs. "Who cares who founded this museum? We have a murderer to catch!" With that said, she makes her way over to the Modern Art room, and inspects the purple looking 'blob' in the right corner of the room.

Round 6:

Maps:
Click the maps to enlarge. For the clearest image open in a new tab.

Ground Floor:

52WegG6.png

First Floor:

t0V0mzW.png

Entertainment Suite:

bGSRUpL.png

Particulars:

Dr. Fistbeard examines the model of the coeurl.

7fL1Gfy.png

Some keys are discovered hanging from the tail of the coeurl. They are added to Dr. Fistbeard's inventory.

-

OG Angry Bird demands that Psy-Mog talk.

XAAxK4V.png

This is what he has to say:

I like to think up funny dances, kupo! The only murder I know about is me murdering the dance floor!

You look like you're missing a woman, kupo. My style is the right style for a particular kind of woman, kupo!
At least I used to think so...
Kuporius seems to have all the Pomboy models to himself now, kupo! He's had a spring in his step all day! A bit like me when I move like this, kupo!

-

Gerry Adams asks a very personal question to Toby the Tree.

gRBvBDd.png

Toby the Tree thinks hard about this question. Toby ponders why he has a face and only now realises for the first time that he is the only tree that he knows who has sentience (of a sort). Toby is a very sensitive creature. Confused and feeling alone, Toby begins to cry.

MSXZLKO.png

Toby's tears instantly crystalise into magic crystals. Gerry Adams can pick up these crystalised tears at the beginning of his next turn if he wishes (it will not count as spending your turn).

Toby doesn't cry for long as his memory span is only a couple of minutes long. Toby is elated to have met and made a new friend in Gerry Adams.

-

Hildibrand Manderville interviews Grimnut Kupocide after 'helpfully' forcing him to hold the gysahl green shaped like a thingy.

qZpECCN.png

Grimnut has this to say:

Dude this place is rad, kupo! Before you detective dudes arrived there was a big commotion in the Natural History section, kupo! I heard a big crash, kupo! At first I thought the dinos had come to life like in that great movie, but I think someone must have fallen over, kupo! Hold onto your butts if you go there!

I've lost myself now, kupo. Let me know if you see the alien egg thingy around here somewhere, kupo! I’ve read a lot about it, kupo! Dude-out, kupo!

-

Kira Frazer examines an item which seems oddly familiar to her....

Q7Pe5M9.png

Kira Frazer can pick up Kira's sock and add it to her inventory at the beginning of her next turn, or she can leave it. Picking up the item will not expire any part of her next turn but shall be extra.

-

Mitsindy falls asleep...

cyG2xi3.png

-

Shaissa falls asleep and rolls down the stairs! He is now back on the Ground Floor of the museum.

CQ86uXB.png

-

You may all now post your next moves!
@Soulcorruptor @Linnaete @Six @Shace is Great @Mitsuki @Galadín @Paddy McGee @Daredevil @sly

Before Grimnut can even complete that sentence, Hildibrand races off across the hall, leaving a signature trail of literal dust in his wake. He must have had quite the debilitating impact from before when he crashed straight through the floor downstairs, because he is hallucinating. On his way to the Natural History room he momentarily sees what looks like a sentient tree with a face. But that's too ridiculous even by Hildibrand's standards!

Hildibrand barges into the Natural History room...or at least he mistakenly thought. He's actually in the Moogleangelo Sculptures room. And what a room this is. It's a collection of hideous creatures albeit encased in stone, as if some formidable warlock had marched in and dropped the equivalent of a Mt Vesuvius eruption onto Pompeii. Or perhaps they're simply just crafted from clay by a brilliant furry artisan. That's equally possible, but if Hildibrand has learnt anything from his long and distinguished career as a highly respected inspector with one of the sharpest minds around and renowned for his lateral thinking skills, he cannot rule out any possibility of at least one of these sculptures being a little dodgy.

He approaches what looks like a grinning Medusa head and inspects it. What a hideous sculpture. Who in their right mind would make something this unnerving? What happened to the days of simply making sculptures of rich Ul'dahn Lalafells?

(soo far behind and sooo much reading...)

Shaissa looks over the balcony to see if there is anything wrong with it.

"DAR DE LAR CRYSHTALS!!"

Gerry said excitedly, picking up his crystals with glee

"CHEARS DAR TREE LAD, UP TA - RAH!"

Gerry said with a wave, up ta rah meaning both "see you later" and "I support the IRA". By saying this, Gerry Adams does not admit to any dealings with the IRA during the Troubles. None. At. All.

Gerry then decided to head to the art museum, where he encountered some lassie in a T Shirt

"JAYSUS LASSIE, YER MURST BE FREEZIN' AYE? "

Gerry said, extremely loudly yet also sincerely.

Kira Frazer decides it's not going to hurt anyone hopefully and decides to pick up the sock. She walks out of the room, up the stairs to the Entertainment Area and strolls over to the Swimming Pool.

"What's that on the ground? A camera?" She walks over to the object that caught her interest to check it out.

(lol the sock :lew:)

Satisfied that Mog-Psy was only guilty of living out a fad too long, he decides to follow up on Kuporious and heads into the hot tub room.

As if I needed a reason to get a lap dance.

The girls immediately flock to his side. However, as
he questions the man in the chair, he begins to feel light-headed.

It's not that hot in here.... Is that music?..

*Lightning crackles*

Just as the man starts to react to the questioning. OGAB is gone, but nobody seems to notice as Dr. Samuel Beckett now stands in his place.

Oh boy.

Narration: Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Doctor Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator - and vanished. He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Doctor Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap... will be the leap home.

Quatam Leap, actually bought the entire series for my step-dad one christmas ages ago.

Dr.Fistbead now with key in hand to unlock some door that should deliver some answers to this murder most foul decides he should investigate something else that has been nagging on his mind. With no one else within ear hearing range to ask questions and then race off to there and steal their gusto, he heads back down to look at a set of watery footprints that appear to be leading from the victim to the aquarium.

Round 7:

Maps:

Ground Floor:

twovprL.png

First Floor:

KsLnKqo.png

Entertainment Suite:
kT66jwx.png

Particulars:

Hildibrand Manderville inspects the marble statue of Yunalesca's Final Form.

52YVlXp.png

Oh no! The green crystals of Yunalesca's gorgonesque eyes have turned their full gaze upon Hildibrand! Mr. Manderville is turning into stone!

aTsc9Pz.png

Hildibrand is now petrified and cannot move or interact with objects... Hildibrand is not dead (death would be too kind). He can 'think' while encased in stone and attempt to solve the mysteries from within. Alternatively another player can help Hildibrand out by using a soft, or a gold needle. Other detectives would need to think about where they should find such items...

-

Shaissa inspects the balcony and looks out of the window.

Pwcxlbw.png

There are some rides and a polluted river outside... Shaissa finds an old postcard that has been deliberately tucked into a gap in the glass lead-lining. The postcard is added to his inventory.

0SdPEmD.png

The postcard shows what the view of the grounds from the window used to look like before this building was turned into a museum.

-

Gerry Adams expresses concern for the well-being of Kira Frazer.

qj5Fplj.png

Kira Frazer is reminded of the Yeti costumes of the Guardians of Shambala and contemplates the possibility that Umaro might also be wearing a disguise.

-

Kira Frazer inspects the discarded camera.

Iq1pR3G.png

It is added to her inventory. This camera shall snap random photographs throughout the remainder of the game (or so long as the item is held). Kira Frazer can also manually take a photograph of a particular item or person which takes her interest.

Wait! While the memory card on the camera has been wiped, there are a small number of photographs which have failed to be deleted. Some are recent, but some are years old.

EwBOB0p.png

-

(Sly - I’m not familiar with Quantum Leap so let me know if I’ve got this wrong… But Sam Beckett’s consciousness has been transported into OG Angry Bird, right? If so we the players are now seeing Sam Beckett wearing the clothing of OG Angry Bird, but NPCs, etc, see no difference? I can edit it to change it if this isn't the desired thing. I've basically made Sam Beckett a human in an OG Angry Bird onesie with shoes, etc).

Dr. Sam Beckett has taken the place of OG Angry Bird mid-interview.

m12HWfm.png

The interview proceeds and Kuporius replies thus:

Yes, I am Nutt 'Midas' Kuporius. This is MY museum, kupo! And those are MY women, kupo, but there are plenty more of them where they came from so, meh! I'm filthy rich now that I've turned this museum into an entertainment haven, kupo! That and... Well, so I, errr...

Oh, the dead body, kupo? I have no idea who he is... Please either take it to a morgue or place it in the Modern Art exhibition or something because it might trip up my guests in the lobby, kupo!

-

Dr. Fistbeard examines the traces of water.

FsIXAbu.png

It would appear that there had been some particularly messy footprints here once but they have been hastily swept away with a mop. Where in the aquarium did they lead?

-

Quina contemplates eating Pepe...

cYzMbTh.png

Quina can't manage it... Yet.

-

@Soulcorruptor @Linnaete @Six @Shace is Great @Mitsuki @Galadín @Paddy McGee @Daredevil @sly

Hmph, Hildibrand thinks to himself. As if a mortal shell unceremoniously transfiguring into an immobile but manly hulk of stone will stop the agent of enquiry and inspector extraordinaire from doing his vital job. He can simply decouple his spirit from this rocky prison and continue the investigation as an apparition...

...any minute now.

Any minute now...

Well, bugger.

At least this hideous statue's green eye crystals are wondrous in their deadly aetherial beauty. They are so enchanting and emerald that he simply (and literally) cannot look away!

Dr.Fistbeard after inspecting these sloppy messed up washed away foorprints now realizes he has the keys that may unveil an answer. So using the trusty keys he has he checks the door to the security room to see if they keys will unlock this door, and (now decided to start watching security footage to see who may have washed away the footprints and how the body got placed where it was). *If unlocking the door doesn't count as my action*.

Mitsindy wakes up and laughs to herself. "Stupid me, I fell asleep!"

She walks briskly to the Space and Astronomy room and pokes a PuPu.

Nodding throughout Kuporious' statement, Sam wanders over to the mirror and notes that he's an incredibly viscous looking woodpecker.

Well that's a first.

Then Al, his friend in the form of a hologram, that only he can see, steps out of the temporal doorway. Al whistles, "You've never looked better Sam."

Sam: "Where have you been!? I'm a woodpecker!"

Kuporious: (Oblivious to the hologram and looking uneasy) "Yeah, I know you fly, so what?"

Al: Yeah, Cushie says there was some sort of astrological issue and everything went ka-ka, now you're a cartoon. You think things are crazy on your end, we've got an angry bird back in the lab making a mess of things. (Al shrugs)

Sam: Get me out of here Al!

Kuporious: No, my name is Kuporious.. and the door is that-a-way..

Al: Yeah don't worry, this is almost over. Cushie says there's an 87.6% chance that this guy is responsible for the death of a guy downstairs, and that evidence is already mounting against him.

Sam stares at Kuporious... Then heads downstairs to view the body for himself.

Why do I feel like laughing?

Arriving downstairs,
Sam flips the Mog Doe over and searches his pockets for identification.. or anything else useful.

Kira Frazer, who now has the camera added to her inventory makes her way back into the hall and sees the chocobo footprints on the floor. Seeing the Chocobo Play and Petting she enters the room, and recognises the green chocobo and cactuar man from the picture on the camera. She makes her way over to them. "Excuse me?! Can you tell me what has been going on here?" Expecting a cactuar man to understand English.

Round 8:

Maps:

Ground Floor:

aGq4iiU.png

First Floor:

Ech343O.png

Entertainment Suite:

fldLGm9.png

Particulars:

Dr. Fistbeard unlocks the door to the Security Room (which will remain unlocked for all detectives now) and begins to watch footage of the lobby. Many tapes have been removed, other footage is corrupted, but snippets reveal the following:

Y0KKgVc.png

W7zOVRA.png

-

Mitsindy wakes up and pokes the PuPu.

kuy2F2A.png

Behind the model of PuPu there appears to be an empty sack hidden away.

Writing on a label stuck to the sack says the following:

Use this sack to carry the alien egg away from the corner of our space exhibition. Handle with care!

-

Sam tries to flip the Mog Doe corpse over. It is very stiff and does not move easily, but he is able to turn him over enough to pick out a piece of paper from a pocket which had previously been inaccessible due to his leg.

lnFBWwn.png

The page is isolated, torn, and specks of blood make some words illegible.

What can be read on the paper reads like this:
(text missing)… is worse than ever. It is true that he has gifted himself the middle name ‘Midas’ and has grafted a golden pom-pom to his skull. This and much else he has been able to fund with the money gained by … (text missing) … in the Ancient Cultures room. There you will find more damning evidence.

The Mog Doe's body cannot be kept like this and he rolls back into his former position.

-

Kira Frazer speaks with the Smifftuar (riding his Smiffcobo).

GOS0e8y.png

Smifftuar silently nods with a deep understanding of the situation, but does not speak. Instead he begins to spray a thousand needles at Kira!

The needles settle on the floor at Kira’s feet and spell out two words.

wauxjbO.png

Smifftuar nods again and resumes his jockeying activities.

Camera activities:
Kira's camera snapped this photograph during this turn.

OgOjbP6.png

-

Two new detectives have joined the investigation!

Please welcome Maybot 3000 and Vivian!

qcS6ur3.png
d6xL8mn.png

-

@Soulcorruptor @Linnaete @Six @Shace is Great @Mitsuki @Galadín @Paddy McGee @Daredevil @sly @greeny

Upon viewing the tapes and seeing a likely culprit as to who dumped the body Dr.Fistbeard decided to look for more clues, since obviously confronting the muscle sack carrying moogle may not be in his best interest, after walking out of the security room he smells something most foul emitting from the restrooms and is curious to investigate, but then he remembers the sloopy washed way footprints leading to the aquarium exhibit. He further recalls seeing a sandbox in there with some water to the side as well and goes to investigate that.

"...and then I told young Gigi that it is unbecoming a gentleman to deface Lord Edmont's gazebo! I assured him after that he need not stay fixed to this gazebo either, for we Manderville men have no need of kettles or gazebos! The world is our oyster! We can go whither we please - where the red fern grows or the wild rose blooms!" silently muses Hildibrand to himself, as there continues to be no sign of aid this time to free him from this stony prison.

What a tragedy. He, Hildibrand Manderville, agent of enquiry and inspector extraordinaire, is practically out of the game. How will the murder mystery be solved without his genius to direct everyone to the clues and to the piecing together of the truth?

----------------------------------------------------------------

BzzZZZzzt. BzzzZZZzzzt. Welcome to Maybot OS 10.1. Stability software successfully installed. Warning. Anti-virus has yet to be installed. Would you like to proceed without anti-virus? Very well. Investigation.exe application file successfully installed. Would you like to run this program? Warning. Please enter password to proceed. BzzZZzzt.

Maybot is finally up and running after what must have been the hundredth installation of ancillary and miscellaneous software and updates. She's had trouble running the Human Emotions application though, leading one to wonder if her hardware is currently too out of date. That's conceivable. If a year is a bloody long time in tech, hardware from the 1950s is practically from the Neolithic period.

The...disturbingly glamorous 1950s waitress android quickly scans the entrance hall, quietly computing what her visual scanners are picking up. There's a corpse identified in one corner, having just been freshly defiled by a man dressed in a silly costume. She detects another corpse, with this one crushed by what appears to have been a giant monstrous statue that had plummeted down seemingly from the heavens. After a good ten minutes in the entrance hall to allow all clues files so far from this investigation discovered by the other detectives to be successfully downloaded onto her 256mb hard drive, Maybot prepares to calculate her first move in this investigation.

Observation: One photograph captured on camera depicts what looks like a giant stuffed Moogle standing behind the now-deceased rabbit-eared protesting Moogle.

Conclusion: I must discover the whereabouts of this giant stuffed Moogle and extrapolate useful clues.

Maybot activates her mobility mode and wheels across to the Moogle History room. As luck would have it, there appears to be an exhibit that looks remarkably like a giant stuffed Moogle. Maybot had correctly calculated a 66.455% probability of discovering the object of interest and as luck would have it, it is here...with a conspicuous yellow item on the pedestal next to it too. This is curious, for Maybot's downloaded files include something like a mysterious yellow item that could be of interest to this investigation. She approaches the exhibit for a closer inspection, while constantly attempting to get rid of the frequent advertisements that pop up on her UI.

Vivian enters the museum and nods at the elegant decor and magnifique art pieces. However, the 1st floor is where she is heading today. Vivian notices Toby the tree and thinks to herself: "Oh ho ho, I wonder if he has any hiddens baubles~". Vivian sashays ever so flamboyantly over to Toby and begins the great fondle of 2017.

i'll pretty this up tonight...

inspect the contents of the trashcan in the aquarium wing

Back