[Birthweek 2017] Moogle Murder Mystery - Game Thread.

Sam studies the bloody bag he found, looking perhaps for a hole or anything else amiss. Then he compares the handwriting on the bags label, the letter from the unknown author he found on Pomson, and the letter from Pomcroft that he found on the unconscious child.

The Robot is sent to scan the area around of the object that poisoned Pomson.

Whilst feeling a little sore, Vivian heads on over to the paleontology and natural history room. She notices some naked guy in the corner and some woman standing nearby for such a long time that she fell asleep. Best not to think about such things.

Anyways, that's not what she came here for. Vivian checks out the brown pot in the middle of the room. Her face is positively beaming at the thought of what could be inside. Maybe...some strawberry milkshake? :gasp2:

There's a purple sock-like something in the top right corner of the room, and Dirk is somewhat sure that it isn't a piece of modern art - as strange as moogles are, they aren't as strange as house elves.

Who could have dropped this odd sock-like object?

Dirk walks carefully over to investigate, and looks quite adorable while doing so. ♥

Fistbeard pulls Kuporius into a hug and demands to know everything. Upon noticing mogabod is also in the room and above the hottub, Fistbeard shows him the dead alien as well and what it implies and demands to know everything from him as well.

I'll have to say that the next round (or the round after at the absolute latest) will be the last rounds. Start to make your final moves and come up with your most up-to-date theories now if you aren't working towards it already.

So long as you show your reasoning you can share the same end-theory of another player.

Round 23:

Maps:
Click the maps to enlarge. For the clearest image open in a new tab.

Ground Floor:
lAg8GwJ.png

First Floor:

90bAf9h.png

Entertainment Suite:

QDresPQ.png

Particulars:

Maybot forcefully interrogates Mogabod and Kuporius.

rqxHxJL.png

Mogabod chokes out the following:

$£!%^ GET YOUR CLAWS OFF ME, KUPOFGGHH!!! GGHADHHH OHHU AHHHH!!!! *Splurt* THE ALIEN FACEHUGGER DID ITS WORK! WELL, YES! NYAASH!! THERE ARE -CCOOOSHHKUUU- DANGEROUS EXHIBITS HERE BUT I TRY TO KEEP THEM SSSSSAFE. *choke* I WAS ON MY WAY TO REPORT THE ALIEN INCIDENT BUT £$"!%! HELL I AM TOO LATE, KUPO!!! I DON'T KNOW OF ANY POISON I HAVEN'T ALREADY CONTAINED BUT THIS ALIEN IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT! YUAAAHHCKKKK! HANDS OFF ME, KUPO!!!
FOR REAL?! YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT FAKES AND FORGERIES AT A TIME LIKE THIS!!! RUUURSHH!! KUPO-GHHG!!!

Kuporius continues to feel intimidated and has the following to say:

WAAAAGGHHH!! YOU'RE KILLING US ALL, KUPO! Please! I admit! I admit! I ordered the forgeries! I bought the fakes! I was just trying to make people's lives more interesting, kupo!!! Please, I admit it! Let me go! Let me live, kupo!

-

Sam studies the bloody sack that he had discovered in the Aquarium trash can.

p76GBQw.png

It would appear from an imprint on the inside of the bag that the former contents of the sack had been crushed, but not enough to flatten it entirely.

Sam also compares the handwriting of various notes he has discovered.

FFXgSIE.png

While the note on the sack appears to be a handwritten attempt at copying an official label, the other two notes appear to be similar in style.

Sam's moogle doll investigates the area near the object which poisoned Pomson...

HQjkrX1.png

He discovers that Grimnut Kupocide has also fallen victim to the Mog-weed's paralysing effects! Grimnut is not dead, but he is unable to move any of his muscles or talk.

-

Vivian decides to examine the Mog-weed container directly. It is the source of the poison!

NTYfoJo.png

Uh-oh! Some sinister spores have been released and Vivian has inhaled them!

okztF5O.png

Vivian is paralysed! Vivian can still think and solve the mystery, but she cannot move or speak until the poison passes through her system or she is cured.

-

Dirk ♥ examines Kira's sock.

Rlmh3MP.png

Dirk ♥ is able to look deeper at the sock and study it at a microscopic level.

3ZCZcT9.png

It would appear that a microbe culture has been thriving on the sock and is planning a conquest of surrounding areas.

-

Dr. Fistbeard pulls Kuporius into a hug and places the trident in the hot-tub to scare Mogabod... But as Kuporius is pulled out of the hot-tub Dr. Fistbeard experiences excruciating pain in his chest as the chestburster bursts out!

4pjupz7.png

The two museum workers are rightly terrified.

Mogabod screams out of his choking throat the following:

$££!$$"! GAAAWRRFFF! ALIEN! AAHHHH!!!! KUPO-UGGH! RUN! ROBOT, WHEEL AWAY! WHEEL AWAY, KUPO!!! FFFFUUUGHHHHOO!

Kuporius is almost too scared to speak, but he yelps some words:

Pomas Pomson has got what he wanted now, kupo... Whatever happens, there is no going back from this, kupo... *gulp*

The chestburster alien exits Dr. Fistbeard's chest entirely and slithers away....

Only a couple of minutes later it returns as an fully-grown adult Chuckomorph!

yZ1l0NZ.png

Kuporius tries to remain very, very still and pretend to be dead.

Dr. Fistbeard is dying, obviously, but he has time to formulate his theory or make a final action.

-

The Trump Wall smacks Mitsindy's bottom for no reason whatsoever.

JJqYXUG.png

-

You may all now post your next moves!
@Soulcorruptor @Linnaete @Six @Shace is Great @Mitsuki @Galadín @sly @greeny
-

Having witnessed such a horrific and harrowing event unfold before her very visual sensors, Maybot can merely react with inhuman indifference, clearly unfazed by the sight of this Chuckomorph creature. At least she would be entirely unfazed, were it not for the fact that it reminds her of her mortal nemesis: Jeremog Corbyn. And that's enough to give her metaphorical goosebumps on her aluminium outer coating.

Quickly, she extends her other arm to wrestle the petrified Kuporius from the clutches of the dying Dr Fistbeard (RIP, Fistbeard. Your contributions to this evening's investigation have been valuable...). Though encumbered by the weight of carrying two Moogles in each hand, one of whom is particularly not what one would describe as petite in frame, Maybot is able to quickly scooter out of that room and towards the stairs leading down. The ride down will be uncomfortably bumpy for all three of them, but these two should be thankful that their lives are being spared at all. It is not often that Maybot exhibits any charitable qualities and there is nothing in her circuit boards stopping her from just discarding the two by the foot of the stairs and allowing the Chuckomorph to feast on them there and then.

After what is likely to be a series of fresh head concussions, bumps and bruises for these two, Maybot manages to crash her way down two flights of stairs to return to the ground floor by the collapsed Sin statue. Her reserve battery is dangerously low, drained rapidly following a succession of intense physical exertion. She has no idea how much longer she can last before her systems unceremoniously shut down and she collapses on the floor harder than a Prime Minister who has just seen her majority in Parliament evaporate before her eyes. She quickly throws Mogabod and Kuporius by the foot of the Trump Wall next to Mitsindy and the corpse of Pomas Pomson. Even if Kuporius may not be the true villain of this evening, he can at least be humbled to see up and close the sight of his dead business partner just moments after being saved by a Jeremog Corbyn-lookalike alien creature.

Maybot, realising she clearly hasn't much time left, wanders into the Moogle History room. How convenient it is to find Sir Mogathon standing next to the very exhibit that had supposedly shot Pomas to death in the first place.

"Does Nutbeard catch your eye, Sir Mogathon?" asks Maybot as she scooters over to him, "it was this very pistol that felled the poor Moogle in the hall. By all accounts, I struggle to imagine that Kuporius and Mogabod orchestrated anything like this, no matter how eager Kuporius was to see his former business partner wiped off the face of the earth. Someone else was involved. Someone fiddling behind the scenes, with their own independent agenda. Maybe a convoluted scheme to remove both Pomas and Kuporius in a series of fell swoops, allowing a certain individual to take back the estate they feel is rightfully theirs. What say you, Sir Mogathon? Does any of this sound remotely accurate to you?"

Al frantically informs Sam of the situation brewing upstairs. Sam, as cool as ice, orders the robot to carry Vivian and Grimnut downstairs and dip them in Gerry's magic pee. Then back upstairs to grab the trident and engage the alien in mortal combat.
Not you first rodeo, is it friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam then shifts his focus to ponder the first murder......

At some point, there was a split between Kuporious and Pomson. Whether over a girl or simply a disagreement over how the museum should be run, is unknown. Also unknown is the circumstances as to how Kuporious gained control.

Kuporious, running the show, began selling off real artifacts and replacing them with fakes. He enlisted Mogabod to carry out the grunt work.

Someone, perhaps Nanaki, used spray paint on some of the exhibits. One signed in his name, another found scrawled on the floor indicating something stolen. Was Nanaki or someone else investigating the crime, or simply a perceptive vandal?

Pomson was drawn back to the museum either because of his obsession over Nutalie, or because he began receiving letters indicating Kuporious' corruption. He began investigating the situation at the behest of the letters. The letters eventually guided him to the exhibit that poisoned him. This suggests, although unproven, deliberate intent by the letters author. Kuporious penned a letter threatening the staff over Pomsons investigation. This indicates that Kuporious did not lure Pomson to the museum. A subsequent letter found in the possession of a child indicates that the author of those letters to Pomson were from Pomcroft, a former owner of the residence.

Upon arrival of the detectives, the security guard was not at his post and had lost his keys near the spot where Pomson had been poisoned. The CCTV footage had been tampered with, despite the security office having been locked.

Video evidence shows, and is confirmed by Megabod, that he carried a sack labeled "Alien Egg" downstairs. He saw something out of place, sat the sack down in the spot where Pomson was found shot, then replaced the item and forgot about the sack.

The Kraken states that the bloody bag was thrown away by the child. The child was found with the letter from Pomcroft offering rewards for scattering pages, perhaps Pomsons report, throughout the house. The child also was identified as having purchased an antidote for an old man, presumably Pomcroft.

The child is now conveniently unconscious. The protester that had been standing near where Pomson's body was found, is dead. Both thanks to the other detectives run amok.

It's reasonable to assume that Pomson was in that bag carried by Megabod, but who put him in the bag? Why was it necessary to shoot Pomson in such a public display if he was already poisoned? Was the item that distracted Megabod placed intentionally or did it cause a sudden change in plans? In the letter found by Vivian, who is the author that writes that they care deeply for Pomson? Is it more than a coincidence that Pomcroft notes that his sons kuponut purchases had been a burden and that Pomson had reportedly given Nutalie a truckload of Kuponuts?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam knows he doesn't have all the answers, and can't prove beyond all doubt who the killer is. However he does believe there is sufficient evidence to arrest Sir Mogathon Pomcroft for the murder of Pomas Pomson.

Here's his theory:

Pomcroft penned letters to Pomson in order to get him to return to the mansion and publicly investigate Kuporious. Pomcroft led Pomson into a trap that poisoned him. Either the video feed was cut and Nanaki went to investigate, or Nanaki went to investigate the commotion and the video was destroyed while he was out of the office. Either way, Nanaki found nothing of note and played with the coeurl. The body had been placed in a sack posing as the one meant to carry the alien egg away by either or some combination of Pomcroft, The Child, or perhaps the Moogle Robot. Mogabod carried the sack downstairs on his way to the storeroom when he was distracted by the item out of place, presumably the moogle robot megaphone, leaving the sack containing Pomson. After Mogabod left, Pomcroft shot Kuporious using Nutbeards pistol. Then he instructed the child to throw away the bag and clean up the crime scene. Afterwards, the child was sent to spread evidence of the report Pomson had been working on. Pomson found shot out in the open, with evidence placed throughout the museum implicating Kuporious, leading to the conclusion that he was attempting to cover up the investigation and had killed Pomson.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For his turn,
Sam asks Nanaki to describe what led him to go to the Natural History room, and what and/or who he saw when he arrived.

What is that tingling feel? Am I about to finally Leap?...

Vivian is paralysed so she decides to count sheep.

Vivian is not falling asleep :(.

Vivian's baby is done at the bar now so it wanders over to it's mother and sits by her head, gurgling and laughing as it plays with her hat. Cute~! :jess:

OKAY.... The final update will be tomorrow night (Sunday) or Monday night at the latest. Please only post or amend theories or attempt to arrest / detain suspects from now.

Round 24

Maps:
Click the maps to enlarge. For the clearest image open in a new tab.

Ground Floor:

ia11WcP.png

First Floor:

UZZoaNR.png

Entertainment Suite:

mNMOCQ0.png

Particulars:

Maybot snatches Kuporius and wheels the two moogles away from the terrible beast. This heroism spares them from inevitable horrific deaths. Maybot neglected to clothe Kuporius first, of course...

M0PlFqZ.png

Mogabod and Kuporius' relief soon turns to anxiety and guilt as they are forced to look upon the corpse of Pomas Pomson.

LVi8YwK.png

Mogabod is particularly distressed and sobs the following:

Oh my £$""! God... Look at what has become of you, kupo... I'm sorry. So sorry. I think I made a terrible mistake, kupo! ARRRGGGGHHH! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Maybot then confronts Sir Mogathon Pomcroft about his standing by the Nutbeard model, and his potential role in the murder and the events leading up to it.

n2b85Da.png

The 9th Earl of Mogton says the following:

Errrr…. NO! IDIOT! Why can you not see that the museum is responsible, kup-O! Look! Gunpowder! I do believe this exhibit might have shot Mr. Pomson, kup-O! I'm only standing here to help you out, lady! I’ll prove it... Simply look down the barrel of this gun and see for yourself!

-

Sam orders his moogle doll to carry the paralysed victims from the Natural History wing downstairs to bathe in Gerry Adams' magical urine.

f7fnQeh.png

The moogle doll is then ordered to attempt to duel with the Chuckomorph with the Trident of the Oracle. Being merely a doll and deemed unworthy of the backing of the gods it can only do so much....

RzEbyp2.png

The trident manages to stab the Chuckomorph in its thigh, and a powerfully acidic blood pours out and instantly melts through the floor!

Directly beneath, the Abomination has its first shower in a long time. It turns out to be its last.

9htBqFB.png

The acid blood melts through the Abomination, and drips into the Moogle History wing where it finally settles.

The Chuckomorph's wound seals itself up. Angry at the moogle doll, the Chuckomorph extends its inner jaw (actually a fist) and punctures the doll through the head.

BY5KgHT.png

The moogle doll struggles, but is ultimately overcome by a direct confrontation with the star beast.

Eqg5ZhR.png

The moogle doll is dead.

Sam questions Nanaki about what he was doing in the Natural History wing earlier.

kBvQvNi.png

Nanaki has the following to say:

Oh, that? I heard a crash in that room and went to investigate. I found nothing unusual except a sack containing, I presumed, the alien egg. Coming to think of it, it was quite strange that it was placed next to the mog-weed plant rather than being in the Astronomy wing... Anyway Mogabod entered the room and carried the sack away. I believed that business was continuing as usual and thought nothing else of it.
But then I saw her! The coeurl! I just had to stroke her! That's okay, right? No need to tell Deneh!

Sam experiences another leap and OG Angry Bird has returned! (sly - You wanted this, right? I can bring Sam back if you want)

-

The Chuckomorph exits the hot tub room and, thankfully, misses the door to the swimming pool which would have led to the worst massacre of our times. The Chuckomorph does, however, encounter Psy-Mog on its way downstairs and knocks his brain out.

ZlryBnO.png

Kupa Skiphop manages to hide behind the bar and escape being devoured.

-

An ever tearful Kupobella slaps Kuporius as he attempts to get up.

sZM2ynh.png

-

Vivian counts sheep as the beautiful baby thing plays with her hat...

pK2J3A7.png

Hopefully this helps her come up with a theory.

Vivian can move again now.

-

You may all now post your next moves!
@Soulcorruptor @Linnaete @Six @Shace is Great @Mitsuki @Galadín @sly @greeny

PLEASE ONLY THEORIES / AMENDMENTS AND ARRESTS / ACCUSATIONS NOW. FINAL MOVES
-

"I am supposed to believe that a circa 18th century outdated pistol that is no more than a compact musket with gunpowder discharged on its own at the exact time when Pomson was mysteriously left at its very trajectory, Sir Mogathon? I may have gambled away my majority government and got only anti-gay, climate change denying, Protestant fundamentalists as my government partners, but do you take me for a fool? How does that fit with the bigger picture of what we have found and do know about this entire incident?"

Though Maybot can easily apprehend the old man by force there and then, there are still some pieces of the puzzle to mull over. Inspector Sam-in-the-woodpecker-suit has an astute theory in mind about how tonight's events could have transpired, particularly with Mogabod's erroneous belief that he was transporting a dangerous alien egg out of the premises, only to be distracted by a yellow megaphone and leave the sack containing the paralysed body of Pomson to a gruesome end by a pistol shot from the next room. But something about it raises a question for Maybot.

Stuff that doesn't make sense to me yet

Presumably Mogabod left the sack in the corner to pick up the megaphone and return it to its pedestal by the Moogle robot in the Moogle History room. The question is, how would this have given the real murderer sufficient time to not only fire the Nutbeard pistol (how does anyone not hear this and come running immediately?), but also for the child to come along, presumably from the aquarium and enticed by sweets and other treats, to remove the fresh corpse of Pomson from the sack, discard the sack, hastily try and mop up watery footprints and desecrate the corpse to try and hide identification features? Not only that, but the Nutbeard pistol was IN the same room as Mogabod presumably was when he was returning the megaphone to its rightful stand. Surely he must have noticed someone firing it, as well as the sound of the gunshot and its inevitable outcome. Or did Mogabod accidentally discharge the pistol? What was planned and what was accidental? Mogabod certainly seems distraught at the close sight of Pomson's corpse at the moment...

Could Sir Mogathon have been playing 4D chess with everyone? Did he intend for Mogabod to carry the sack thinking it was an alien egg? Did he deliberately order the Moogle doll (which we KNOW was active before Maybot came along) to return to its stand before purposely discarding the megaphone at the corner for Mogabod to find? Was the gunshot an accidental discharge by Mogabod when he brushed past, as intended by Sir Mogathon to make Kuporius and his team look culpable?

Who invited Pomson back to this museum this evening? Was he lured here to his death by an unwitting accomplice? By whom? It is probable that Nutalie could have, by her own admission, led him on. Or perhaps it was another individual, one who expressed deep care and affection for Pomson, feared that Nutalie only meant ill to him and was desperately trying to ward him off from his two obsessions? Who was this latter person who left that note in the entertainment suite? Was it Kupobella? Did she have major affections for Pomson and is currently too emotionally traumatised by everything that has transpired this evening? Was Kupobella just manipulated by Pomcroft and is the reason why Pomson was induced into making the fatal mistake of returning to the museum today?

-----

Maybot does not have all the answers, though her suspicions towards Sir Mogathon Pomcroft remain unabated. This elderly Moogle still considers this estate to be his home. His estate. It's all he has talked about. His pride and joy that was wrenched from him due to consequences not under his control. A scion of an illustrious aristocratic family line would naturally want to take back what he feels to be rightfully his, even with the most illicit of methods. Like any good movie villain, he could have planned this out a while ago. Maybot deduces that Sir Pomcroft likely has no personal beef with Pomson. Pomas Pomson was likely still something that had to be removed, but after a fracture in his relationship with Kuporius, he was ultimately no longer an obstacle to the reclamation of the estate the museum is on. No, Pomson was just a useful sacrifice. Permanently remove him from the game AND frame Kuporius for the atrocity. He would have been the ultimate culprit, with all the motive necessary to pin the thing on him. Imagine how that would have gone down with the police. A megalomaniacal Moogle businessman who fell out with his former business partner, would have clearly benefited from his death, and had him murdered with his museum's very own exhibits! It would fit like a glove.

One thing still eludes her. Sir Pomcroft told her that "the aquarium tanks and that irritating grinning turtle connect with the old cistern and reservoir under the building". So far no one has investigated any deeper into Timmy the Turtle's water enclosure besides the shallow end when Investigator Fistbeard found the mop that was used to hastily try to clean up some evidence. Who knows what clues that could have concealed. It would have been highly convenient for Sir Pomcroft to find a young Moogle who could swim (presumably he could swim, because he wanted to be a Blitzball [player] and the wee tyke is now probably dead or something to avoid blurting out incriminating secrets. That just seems like further evidence that the kid was asked to do more than simply buy an antidote or discard bits of paper for Pomcroft. Almost too perfect...

Conclusion:

Sir Mogathon Pomcroft is guilty, and likely roped in others to do his bidding where he physically could not perform actions on his own. The conveniently dead Moogle kid was certainly working for him. The Moogle doll was very likely under his control at one point (heck, it takes something that is not able to respirate to be able to chuck Pomson into a sack right next to the dangerous Mog weed plant without breathing in its spores). And who knows. Either Nutalie or Kupobella could have been useful idiots and urged to invite Pomson back into the museum, unwittingly to his final destination. Mogabod's ultimate role is still up in the air. He had to have known that he unintentionally played a part in someone's grisly murder, and he must have been in the same room as the pistol when it went off, so did he accidentally discharge the very shot that ultimately killed Pomson?

One last thing:

Kuporius uttered when he was upstairs just as the Chuckomorph was unleashed that Pomson "has got what he wanted now". What does this mean? Was Pomson actively trying to sneak in these alien eggs to kill him? Was this all part of a revenge scheme that never fully went according to plan due to Mogathon Pomcroft's decisive interference?

Ah well, we'll let the Game Master answer all these questions. For now, Maybot seizes the old man by his grey pompom and shoves him in front of the pistol's barrel. No real reason. She doesn't intend to kill him, but only to scare his pompom off. Go on, confess.

Vivian's Seriously Thought Out Murder Theory

The killer is: Toby The Tree

His sadness and envy of not being a real boy has left him sour. We can all see it. He has the "jealousy" motive. We can see the madness in his eyes. However, what is his method, you ask? He bites them with his rabbit teeth. He hops and rolls to the victim, moving only in the shadows. Our fair moogle isn't his only victim either! Whatever happened to Quina the last few turns? Huh? That's right...death by bite. Ironic!

There we have it. The true killer. I won't hear anything against the truth that it is :mokken:.

I'm going to stick with my theory from last turn. I think there are some bits that remain unsolved. Kupobella's possible role remains unclear. I suspect she played a larger part, but I've got nothing except a hunch on that. Mogabod though, I don't think he did anything aside from sitting a sack down. Unless the handwriting on the letters was forged, everything eventually leads back to Pomcroft.

Fistbeard in his dying breath and perhaps due to some lack of oxygen comes up with a far winded theory, the murderer was inadvertently Pomson himself. After being kicked out from his ownership part of the museum and finding out about the fakes and forgeries he decided to take some more affirmative action. He himself began getting some false artifacts to be replaced and this resulted in the alien egg. He was gonna be intent to expose the museum being filled with fraud items and retake from kuporius. He probably used Pomcroft as an accomplice and promised to give him some of the museum shares and or profits to help get this kicked off. However during all these smuggling attempts a real gun was sneaked in to the exhibit and into the pirates hands, probably by Pomcroft himself who may have decided to double cross Pomson. Pomcroft probably had a more elaborate scheme to use but since Pomson started sending in more fixed items, he unknowingly got the gun in which would lead to his own demise.

THE REVEAL ROUND:

bdCKxwj.png

What happened:
Pomas Pomson and Nutt Kuporius had been best friends since childhood. When Mogton Manor was reluctantly placed on the market at a bargain price by its owner Sir Mogathon Pomcroft, 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Earl of Mogton, the two friends jumped at the opportunity to fulfil their lifelong ambition of founding a museum (Mogton Manor was the perfect building to house their passion project).

The Moogle Museum was the first of its kind: a museum created by moogles for moogles, and including a lot of moogle historical artefacts and art. For several years the endeavour went well, but success corrupted Kuporius. While Pomson was focused on sticking to their original principles, Kuporius was eager to experiment with new forms of entertainment. A theme park was built in the grounds of the museum, and the top floor was converted into a luxurious entertainment suite. Pomson and Kuporius argued at length, and in the end Pomson admitted defeat and left Kuporius and the museum. It was hoped that Kuporius would go bust and the issue would go away.

It did not. Without his partner watching his movements, Kuporius increased his scandalous activities. He sold artefacts to make easy money and then commissioned fakes and bought stolen antiquities at low prices. Nutt Kuporius generated millions of Gil, bought a gold tooth to replace a tooth he had lost when he was a younger man, and also grafted a pom-pom of pure gold onto his head. Kuporius gifted himself the middle-name ‘Midas’ at this time to reflect his new wealth. For his personal amusement he hired the most beautiful Pomboy models to work at the entertainment suite, and his activities attracted various once-popular musicians such as Psy-Mog.

Pomas Pomson had tried to live a new life as an investigative journalist, but when he met Nutalie Selz at a bar for the first time in years he fell in love with her and he was drawn back towards the museum. Through Nutalie, Pomson learned that things were getting crazier at the museum, but he did not know yet how crazy. Pomson’s curiosity led him to check out the museum again and he started to receive notes informing him of Kuporius’ illicit deals.

Said notes were mainly presented to him by Sir Mogathon Pomcroft, the former owner of Mogton Manor who expressed concern that his home was not being respected. Pomas Pomson agreed. Other notes were left to him by Nanaki who was concerned about the ethics of the museum. Infuriated that Kuporius should thrive from committing crimes which insult the values which the museum was founded on, and also taking these actions as disrespecting their former friendship, Pomas Pomson began to compile a report on the Moogle Museum in an attempt to bring Kuporius down and see him prosecuted.

Sir Mogathon Pomcroft seized an excellent opportunity to discredit the museum and take back his home. Pomas Pomson should be murdered, and it should be made to appear as if Kuporius or some other museum staff-member had done the deed, and it should look as if Pomson’s report on the museum’s misdeeds had been deliberately hidden. If some clever detectives were to join the dots and arrest Kuporius for the murder of Pomson, and in doing so uncover the report about the thefts and forgeries, then the Moogle Museum will be over for good. Sir Mogathon Pomcroft could reclaim his ancestral home.

The way to do this? Continue to encourage Pomson’s investigation by pointing him in the direction of fakes and stolen artworks. Many were discovered which would lead to much unrest in the museum. The Book of Kelly, for example, was discovered to be a fake, a fact which would destroy the career of Kupobella Buqwyrm (the leading expert on the Book of Kelly).

Meanwhile, Nutalie Selz (a lady who delights in breaking men’s hearts) continued to flirt with Pomson for fun. When Nutalie grew tired of her game, she followed Sir Pomcroft’s suggestion of asking Pomson to meet her at the mog-weed plant, and then failing to keep her appointment to further break Pomson’s heart. If only Mr. Pomson had followed Timmy the Turtle’s advice in staying away from her…

Sir Pomcroft hid a sack intended for carrying the dangerous alien egg behind the PuPu model, and then worked on creating a replica sack (complete with forged note) which would be fit for carrying a moogle. Pomas Pomson was lured to the mog-weed by Nutalie’s letter. Usually the plant is safely secured in its container, but the lid had deliberately been removed and the poisonous spores paralysed Pomson – he fell to the ground with a thud. With the moogle doll as an ally, the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Earl of Mogton placed Pomson into the fake-sack and left it for Mogabod to carry away.

Mogabod found the sack, saw the label, and did his job by carrying the bag downstairs. Mogabod accidentally knocked over an Ivalicean moogle protestor since he was distracted by Cait Sith’s megaphone on the floor of the lobby. The megaphone was placed there by Sir Mogathon Pomcroft’s design. As hoped, Mogabod dropped the sack within the perimeters of the Demon Wall trap, picked up the megaphone, and put it back in its place. But, yikes! The Demon Wall trap was activated by the moogle doll, and Mogabod panicked. Mogabod had been working long hours trying to support his ailing daughter, and he had been making more and more mistakes and was getting forgetful. Had Mogabod accidentally activated the trap by his carrying of the megaphone? Mogabod thought so, though he did not expect any person to be within the trap, and he figured that the egg should be destroyed earlier than intended. Mogabod left the scene and returned upstairs, but the moogle doll was still under Sir Mogathon Pomcroft’s control.

The Demon Wall crushed Pomson within the sack, almost killing him. Pomson’s death now was guaranteed, but Sir Mogathon Pomcroft could not take any chances. The Demon Wall trap was a vestige of his former home, and it might end up pinning the murder on himself after all. Pomson had to die differently. Sir Mogathon had already planned to have Pomson shot by Nutbeard the Pirate. It would be a fitting death for a man who (in Sir Pomcroft’s mind) had effectively stolen and looted his beloved home. With the young boy paid to stand guard at the top of the stairs (to ensure that nobody but the desk-bound employees should be within the vicinity of the murder), the moogle doll lifted Pomas Pomson upright and held him in position while Sir Mogathon set the pistol to fire. BANG. The moogle doll let go and Pomas Pomson’s lifeless corpse fell to the ground.

Sir Mogathon Pomcroft then hired the young boy to discard certain papers, notes and evidence across the museum in order to mislead the incoming detectives into a belief that Pomson’s investigation was cut short by museum staff and swiftly covered up. Kuporius’ actions would be discovered, he would be arrested and sentenced for murder, forgery, and theft.

It transpires that Sir Mogathon Pomcroft, the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] Earl of Mogton, did indeed commit murder.
-

Theories:
People seemed to miss the clues about the moving Demon Wall, but other than that Maybot and Sam / OG Angry Bird were mostly accurate with their theories.

Dr. Fistbeard also correctly accused Sir Mogathon Pomcroft, but Pomson had no role in his own murder other than being too trusting of people.

Vivian's theory is completely wrong, but it makes for a lovely story!

Maybot and OG Angry Bird gain +10 to their clue scores.

Dr. Fistbeard gains +5 to his clue score.

Vivian gains +1 to her clue score.

Scores for clues:
Points for clues depend on how important they were as clues.
If you have any questions about the scoring, please ask.

Hildibrand:
Reports to: Linnaete
Clues:
-Kira-Mog dropped her ipod.
-There was a man carrying a bag at about the time of the murder.
-Commotion in Natural History room.

(score = 11)
-

Dr. Fistbeard:
Reports to: Soulcorruptor
Clues:
-Bullet wound
-Mechanism which would open part of lobby floor up
-Messy footprints leading to aquarium have been swept by mop
-CCTV footage - Mogabod and the sack in the lobby
-bloody mop in Timmy's enclosure
-Kuporius hopes employees have nothing to do with Pomas Pomson's return.
-Mogabod's sack in the CCTV was supposed to be carrying the alien egg
-The alien egg is still on the stand
-Kuporius says that Pomson got what he wanted in the end (after seeing alien egg and being confronted about fakes, etc)

(score = 33)

-
Shaisse:
Reports to: Shace is Great

-Loud clanking heard sometime before murder
-The museum used to be Mogton Manor and used to have great grounds

(score = 7)

-

Kira Frazer:
Reports to: Six
Clues:
-Lakshmi painting is fake
-Pomson and Kuporius founded the museum together but parted ways due to disagreement.
-Number of photographs
-Stolen antiquities (needles spell out these words)
-Rose and love letter signed 'PP'
-Lost photograph
-The dinosaur mural might be fake

(score = 21)

-
Mitsindy:
Reports to: Mitsuki
Clues:
-Sack for carrying alien egg left empty by PuPu

(score = 4)

-

Dirk ♥:
Reports to: Galadin
Clues:
-The moogle death god Pom-g’on activates the demon wall trap
-Mogabod (stock carrier) is missing a photograph of his daughter
-Graffiti spelling 'stolen' in ancient moogle house.
-Pomas Pomson was taking notes and compiling a report on the museum
-A dissatisfied visitor left a piece of 'art' next to the 'cut'em, rip'em, smash'em' exhibit
-Pomson believed that the chocobos did not have enough roaming space
-A microbe culture has thrived on Kira's sock

(Score = 18)

-
Gerry Adams:
Reports to: Paddy McGee
Clues:
Gerry's gun is innocent

(Score = 1)

-
Detective Pepe:
Reports to: Daredevil
Clues:
-Mog Doe has a poorly defined chest.
-Half-used antidote
-Book of Kelly

(Score = 9)

-

Angry Bird / Sam
Reports to: sly
Clues:
-Nutbeard's pistol has recently been fired and lines up with the Mog Doe. (+7)
-Keys to the security room last seen near coeurl
-Kuporius has been happy all day.
-Kuporius turned the museum into an entertainment haven
-Damning evidence is in the Ancient Culture room
-blood-stained sack with label stating that it should be used to transport the alien egg
-Aerith's corpse in aquarium tank
-Mogabod answers to Kuporius and sets out / puts away exhibits and oversees deliveries.
-Activating the lobby mechanism might be by button by the stairs, solheim platform, or the moogle death god.
-The Kraken offers information in return for freedom
-The Demon Wall is actually Trump's Wall
-Trump remembers he felt himself moving forward earlier on too
-The kid placed the sack in the aquarium bin
-The kid might be dead or unconscious and is carrying a note urging him to hide papers
-Mogabod could use help with the alien egg
-Pomcroft can no longer move as quickly as he once could
-Pomcroft says he does not know what the notes were all about - he says
-Kuporius says that the alien egg should have been removed ages ago
-CCTV footage from the Natural History wing shows Pomson being poisoned
-The contents of the sack found in the bin had been crushed slightly
-Sir Pomcroft wrote letters to Pomson about forgeries / thefts and also instructed the boy
-Grimnut Kupocide has fallen victim to the poison
-Nanaki saw the alien egg bag in the Natural History wing and assumed its purpose despite it being near to the mog-weed

(Score = 66)

-

Maybot:
Reports to: Linnaete
Clues:
-Cait Sith's megaphone has been moved recently.
-Jade figure of Syldra in Mogabod's sack
-Kid bought antidote for an old man
-Kuporius' nemesis has returned, and also an old man entered the museum who looked disgusted.
-Distinctive pair of glasses belonging to the Mog Doe
-Sir Mogathon Pomcroft, 9th Earl of Mogton, sold his estate to Kuporius and Pomson.
-Pomas Pomson and Kuporius grew up together and were joint-owners of the museum until Pomson became boring
-The Mog Doe is Pomas Pomson (own initiative – BONUS = 7)
-Kuporius swears he did not attack Pomson
-Sir Mogathon Pomcroft admits that some aspects of his old house (including passageways) remain intact
-Pomcroft does not know where all items come from, but he knows that some are dangerous
-Pomcroft believes that the aquarium tanks and plumbing link up with the old cistern and reservoir
-Nutalie led Pomson on regarding romance
-Kuporius and Pomson grew to hate each other
-CCTV footage from the library before the murder shows Pomson looking at the Book of Kelly and the librarian reacting
-Kupobella is the world's leading expert on the Book of Kelly
-Pomson had announced that the Book of Kelly is a fake - leading to Kupobella collapsing
-Kuporius admits to the forgeries and thefts
-Mogabod does not know of any poison he has not yet contained
-Mogabod thinks he made a terrible mistake after he looks upon Pomson’s corpse

(Score = 64)

-
Vivian:
Reports to: greeny
Clues:
-Rumours that Pomson is back in town
-Rumours that walls can move
-A note reads that Nutalie is harming Pomson and leading him on, and that Pomson's obsession with revealing forgeries, etc, conflicts with his love for Nutalie
-Poison had been in Pomson's system
-The mog-weed plant is the source of the poison

(Score = 21)

Total scores (in order):

Maybot and OG Angry Bird correctly deduce that Sir Mogathon Pomcroft is the killer, and they apprehend him.

1Tn3cIF.png

Sir Pomcroft has the following to say:
Curse you, kup-O! I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling detectives!

OG Angry Bird's score = 76
Maybot's score = 74

(I guess having the moogle doll really helped you gather clues....)

-

Dr. Fistbeard draws his last breath and dies a hero.

h2x96Z4.png

Dr. Fistbeard's score = 38

-

Vivian's accusation hurts Toby the Tree's feelings.

sbFFMhs.png

Then the Chuckomorph punctures Toby's bark and hurts his feelings even more!

AtGHAHb.png

The Chuckomorph is temporarily trapped in Toby's sap, giving Vivian enough time to leave. Vivian is later arrested for sexual assault against Toby, Quina and other victims in the museum and sentenced to jail time.

Vivian's score = 22

-

Kira Frazer slept through the Abomination's agonising death by acid corrosion, and also slept through the finale.

gbmiCwD.png

Kira Frazer's score = 21

-

Dirk ♥'s clothing is invaded by the Kira-cooties and changes colour. Dirk ♥ remains an excellent detective.

yEtCGAH.png

Dirk ♥'s score = 18

-

Hildibrand Manderville was never cured of petrification and became an exhibit in the museum.

T9F2fl4.png

Hildibrand's score = 11

-

Detective Pepe and Shaisse were both eaten by Quina....

J0LvznF.png

Detective Pepe's score = 9

Shaisse's score = 7

-

Mitsindy woke up to find herself arrested for shoplifting. She had been caught stealing the Brahne gorgon shield souvenir from the gift shop on CCTV.

HG4flVh.png

She had also apparently stolen Pomas Pomson's pom-pom and glasses.

Mitsindy's score = 4

-

Gerry Adams had been flushed away a while ago. His body was never recovered.

dF0EQZn.png

Gerry's score = 1

-
Sir Mogathon Pomcroft was arrested and imprisoned for life for the murder of Pomas Pomson.

Nutt 'Midas' Kuporius was arrested and imprisoned for several years for the conspiracy of theft and forgeries.

Mogabod was offered a deal to testify against all people involved with the stolen antiquities in return for immunity for his role in the scandal. He took it and continues to support his daughter as the new manager of Moogle Museum.

The Kraken escaped the museum and now lives in a duck pond.

Chuckomorph breaks free...

-

Game results:

1st place = sly = 5 BWP, 10 CT, 1 GP, and Turtle Soup award.
2nd place = Linnaete = 3 BWP, 5 CT
3rd place = Soulcorruptor = 2 BWP and 3 CT

All other participants = 1 BWP and 1 CT.

Thank you all for participating! It was a blast!

I understand that this post was an info dump, but if there is anything that you are still unsure of, please do ask me. I'll answer any questions about anything in the museum. I couldn't explain it all in one post without writing a sort of book!

Someone look after my baby :sad3:. He's an ugly little turd but he needs loving care just like the rest of us :/.

Also, Toby can fake his tears as much as he likes, we know he's guilty of many, many things.

May the Chuckomorph reek much havoc upon the population.

I assumed that the Wall was just a distraction. Especially after the Tangerine in Chief offered up no information when he was questioned. Probably should have asked if he had squished anyone recently.

I guess I mixed up Kupobella and Nutalie's role. I thought maybe Kupobella had cooperated in order to hide the fact that she wasn't quite the expert she claimed to be. Possibly blackmail by Pomcroft.

Fistbeard dies a hero!? He endangered the entire moogle race! He could have cured Hilldebrand. If he were a hero he would have stood in front of Medusa after giving us all his stuff. It was a chance to stand in a truly epic pose for all time. Pfft.

May the Moogle Doll rest in pieces. Not worthy of the gods, my ass. He was the real hero.

I am relieved that the Kraken roams free.

Was it Nanaki that spray-painted stuff? Is he wearing Galbadian armor?

What was the sign on the black chocobo?

That kid was pretty heavily involved and only for some candy and a chance to get in the pool... Good Lord..

So.... what was in the basement?

--------------------------------

Epilogue

OGAB has no idea what's going on as he's awarded with the prestigious Turtle Soup honor, but he graciously accepts. He has a brief memory of out of an body experience and being in some sort of futuristic sanitary holding room. He suspects having been abducted by aliens. He gives up his pursuit of Carmen Sandeigo, and becomes a leading Ancient Astronaut Theorist. You can often hear him hosting his own radio show at 2am. And yes... you can often hear him laughing again.

Sam in a bizarre twist of fate, Leaped into Mogabods daughter. He/she convinced Mogabod to become curator of the museum, and then pursuing her own dream as an archaeologist before Leaping into the next damaged soul.

"Burn this whole place down!" cries Maybot, the moment she relinquishes her vice-like grip on Sir Mogathon's crushed pompom. Her battery level has lingered at 1% for too abnormally long and her UI is angrily commanding her to seek out a power outlet and make love to it, because her systems can shut down at any moment.

"I said burn it down! I am the Prime Minister of this country and this museum has far too many health and safety regulations as is. I don't want any more middle to upper class Moogles coming into this establishment and leaving in body bags. I want the entire building to be engulfed in an inferno so vast that even the now-homeless residents of Grenfell Tower would be envious."

And thus ends Maybot's finest hour. Long caricatured as the prime example of a robotic politician by allies and opponents alike simply because she seemed incapable of spouting anything but the same two or three sound bites, Maybot proved once and for all that she can transcend her robotic origins and prove her mettle (and metal!) as a tough and competent detective. Sure, she hasn't exactly *won* this competition, and has humiliatingly been beaten into the runner-up spot by a damn American in a cartoon bird costume with a pervert AI companion, but this is still her Winston Churchill moment. Her time in the sun. History books will look back on this and elicit glowing report after another. She will be lionised; her statue will stand tall and proud in the capital city, adorned with a plaque with millions of Moogles flocking to see it on an annual basis.

She can haughtily live out her last remaining sparks of reserve battery power and collapse to the floor a hero...

...oh dear. Chuckomorph is still alive, has managed to annihilate the remains of Toby the Tree and with a single uppercut from its...inner mouth thing, it cleanly decapitates Maybot instantly, leaving only a torrent of sparks from freshly severed wires to fizzle before they too quickly dissipate. This creature is still on the loose and will likely kill every survivor here.

God help us all.

I assumed that the Wall was just a distraction. Especially after the Tangerine in Chief offered up no information when he was questioned. Probably should have asked if he had squished anyone recently.

I guess I mixed up Kupobella and Nutalie's role. I thought maybe Kupobella had cooperated in order to hide the fact that she wasn't quite the expert she claimed to be. Possibly blackmail by Pomcroft.

Fistbeard dies a hero!? He endangered the entire moogle race! He could have cured Hilldebrand. If he were a hero he would have stood in front of Medusa after giving us all his stuff. It was a chance to stand in a truly epic pose for all time. Pfft.

May the Moogle Doll rest in pieces. Not worthy of the gods, my ass. He was the real hero.

I am relieved that the Kraken roams free.

Was it Nanaki that spray-painted stuff? Is he wearing Galbadian armor?

What was the sign on the black chocobo?

That kid was pretty heavily involved and only for some candy and a chance to get in the pool... Good Lord..

So.... what was in the basement?

Sorry about the late response but I went away for a week.

Kupobella was a bit of a red herring (there were several of those). She had motive because Pomson had discovered that the book which Kupobella had based her career on was a fake. However, Kupobella is also another victim. She slapped Kuporius towards the end of the game when she learns that Kuporius' forgery scandal has been brought to light, and she feels stupid because she genuinely believed the book to be an antique manuscript of some sort.

Nanaki did spray paint some of the items, but not all of them. He was one of the other people in the museum displeased with how the Moogle Museum was being run (the protesting moogle also). Nanaki is not wearing Galbadian armour, but he is wearing a type of Shinra armour such as he wears when on the ferry in FFVII.

The sign on the black chocobo reads 'Hello there!'. You'll have to ask Al ( @Espurr ) about that one. I recycled Al's Gentleman chocobo character from last year's Treasure Hunt game. It wasn't a clue, but it was placed there to potentially be mistaken for one.

The basement contained several items in storage (including items which were being sorted through ready for display - and also some forgeries which were to show evidence of being freshly painted and aged in an oven). There was also a body of water connected to the toilets, Timmy the Turtle's enclosure (where there was actually a family of turtles), and the aquarium exhibit.

But you found enough clues to be able to solve the mystery. You already knew about the forgeries and stolen objects, etc.

Back