Gil
Warrior
Bomb
Cactuar
Tonberry
Ultros
Don Corneo
Photography Contest 2017

It’s that time of year again for Birthweek! You vets will remember and know the show, but for you newer members, this is a contest based on your skills as a photographer!
Simply put, you take photos based around the topic matter and submit it for voting by your fellow FFForumers.

This year’s theme will be Your workspace!

The idea is to photograph where you work, what's on your desk. This doesn't have to be just for employment: Where do you study, play games, photoshop and so on!
It also does not have to be resigned to simply a desk: if you work or study at your kitchen, on your bed that's fine too.
We will also need a description or caption as to what you do there, so we can justify your choice.

Entries are open as of the launch of this thread.
FINAL entry date is TBA.

Guidelines:

• The image must be as JPEG file.
  • Size must be no more than 4 MB
  • Digital enhancement of the image is limited to cropping, resizing, color, luminosity, spot editing, toning, dust removal, and use of filters to sharpen and remove noise.
  • You may not alter the image by adding any elements that were originally not present in the scene. On the inverse, you may not remove any element or object that was originally present in the scene.
  • If possible, try to avoid adding any details that identify you.

While this will be a popular vote contest, we ask voters to evaluate based on these criteria:

• Lighting
  • Focus
  • Angling
  • Use and management of colour
  • Control of background (Essentially, how well does the subject fit and blend into the background)
  • composition
  • Subject Matter

Rewards are as follows:

1st place: 50 gil + 5BWP
2nd place: 30 gil + 3BWP
3rd place: 20 gil + 2BWP

Also, all entrants receive 1BWP + 10 gil for entering.

Submit entries to Paddy McGee via PM, while any queries should be posted below.

This gives me a reason to clean my desk again. Especially my IKEA kallax shelf unit. :D

Question. Can we send in 2-3 pictures of the same scene, for different focus/angle purposes? Or just one picture?

Back