Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
At the end of FFVIII Ultimecia conjures up an entity which she extracts from the subconscious of Squall's mind. 'Griever' is extracted from Squall's idea of the ultimate and most powerful Guardian Force. Squall seems to admire lions (his surname is Leonhart after all) and he has a pendant of a lion which he calls Griever too. This entity is essentially Squall's alter-ego or fantasy of a badass monster.

Considering this, what form do you think that your personal ultimate Guardian Force would take? If Ultimecia was to violate your mind and create a GF from your imagination, what would this be like?

You can draw your GF if you wish, or/and you can write a description of it and mention why it would be your personal ultimate GF.

As a bonus, if you like, what form might the ultimate GF take if the minds of other FFVIII characters had been invaded? Would we have a sentient hot-dog for Zell?

Putting it like this has only now made me realise how this plot concept is a lot like Ghostbusters with the creation of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

-
I've placed this thread in the FFVIII section for now as I did not want it to get spammy and I believe there is discussion to be had in a post-count Final Fantasy VIII board context, but I shall move it depending on the response to this thread.

:moombat: 🔑

At the risk of coming off as the lord of tryhards, I decided to take this seriously, rather than just saying something like "My GF would be a Tsuchinoko that can shoot lasers from its eyes!".

At first I was struggling to answer this, since I wasn't sure what sort of animal I like that would make for an interesting GF, that wasn't already similar to an existing GF/summon. Then I realized... half of the summons in the series aren't even based on animals. Many of them are very humanoid. So I said screw it, and decided to be unoriginal. So my personal GF would be called Ambrosine, and would be a female humanoid summon similar to Shiva or Siren. Ambrosine is a deity of balance, who's struggle between light and dark is one that is shown through half of her form being consumed/corrupted by a form of darkness, with the other half being a beacon of light. Think of her almost like the combination of the properties of Diablos and Alexander.

When Ambrosine is summoned, the camera pans up to the sky, where light shines down. Said camera then rises above the clouds, where Ambrosine sits on her throne. Standing up, she leaps down to the ground below, revealing that she's so large that she towers over mountains. She then takes her blade and forces it into the ground between the party and the enemy. Cracks appear under the party, bathing them all in a sinister light.

Being a summon based on balance, Ambrosine causes all of the stats for each of your party members to skyrocket. However, this comes at the cost of time, because the party now has Doom cast on them, meaning they have to finish the battle rather quickly. Items cannot remove Ambrosine's form of Doom. And since it's cast on all of the party members at once, there's no way to survive if you run out of time; they will all be KO'ed at the same time.

As far as what this would say about me, I'm not sure. It just felt right I guess. I don't really reflect on my own qualities terribly often; I much prefer to highlight the great qualities in others. So I probably wouldn't have come up with anything at all had I not just created this GF based on instinct. Also, she's female because I really enjoy strong female characters; so sue me :P

Also-also, I drew her, because you said I could and nobody can stop me!!!!

Guardian Force copy.png

Seriously though... a Tsuchinoko that can shoot lasers would be a close second pick...

I guess my own Guardian Force would have to be some sort of dinosaur monster... I mean I love lions too, and many animals, but dinosaurs are the ones I daydream about from time to time (even as an adult...). Ancient Greece is another, more prominent passion of mine...

I'm lazy and don't want to draw a new image (or one as good as ZaXo's!) so here is Danisaurus Rex from one of our forum events:

bl4sdiZ.png

That would possibly be the sort of thing that Ultimecia could extract from my crazy mind. Before you complain that it could not scare me enough, note that it has a massive beard. I am unable to grow such a beard, and so this beast would be a constant reminder that I will never be as roaringly masculine as it is.

Don't be fooled into thinking it is classy because it likes wine... While I might concern myself with trying not to upset people, Danisaurus would just stomp into the room and eat everybody and burp out their spines. :O

That T-Rex with a beard is pretty awesome. He should go hang out with Tobias and Fake Zazi. They'll get him a unicycle.

I actually feel like Bahamut is the ultimate summon for me, dragons being my favorite mythical creature. Probably a bit cliche. I also really like the look of the Chinese dragons. They look pretty fierce. As I was researching, I came across the Mushussu which is a hybrid creature. From Wikipedia "A mythological hybrid, it is a scaly animal with hind legs resembling the talons of an eagle, lion-like forelimbs, a long neck and tail, a horned head, a snake-like tongue, and a crest." That sounds pretty cool.

:moombat:

My GF would me sorta like a Yugioh field card, except it shifts the weather to whatever the monster is weak to. Double the weakness etc. I imagine a mother earth figure that appears, waves her hand, then it's raining/snowing/.....on fire in the prerendered background. Then she just fades away like she came.

Last edited:
Mine would be a heavily-armored infantryman wielding a gladius and a large shield. A gladius is a small sword used by Roman soldiers in the times of the Caesars and the Bible. And the shield would be VERY large, almost covering the man's whole front. And here's the unique thing about him... He'd be left-handed, which means the right arm would be where the shield is, left arm holding the sword.

All of his armor, his shield, and his sword would be gold to symbolize how valuable of an entity he would be. And although due to his armor and shield covering him and not showing his physique, I should mention that under all that metal is a man packed with dense and strong muscles.

Dionysos, I'm extremely late to say this but I just wanna say this is a great thread. The initial post, I mean.

My imagination can be both limited and utterly batshit at the same time, so I wish Ultimecia the best of luck when it comes to probing my mind.

My first thought is simply a petulant, duck-lipped Lalafell with her arms folded and pouting at me, like a toddler being presented with a plate of greens when all she wants are Turkey Twizzlers.

But then the more...eclectic and weird parts of my imagination kick in and this pouting Lalafell is now a robot pouting Lalafell with a myriad of Gundam-like metallic parts. Unfortunately, this is a pouting Gundam Lalafell who hasn't been granted a license to strap rocket boosters on her back and be able to legally fly, so she's unfortunately stuck to using her short, plodding legs. To reach something from a high shelf for instance, Pouting Gundam Lalafell GF must winch herself up using this hook-like device that's hard-soldered into her armoured robotic left arm.

Pouting Gundam Lalafell GF is also a Transformer. Instead of a cool vehicle, fighter jet or a weapon however, she can only transform into a stool, meaning her alternate form is about as helpful to the situation for her as a shield made of single-layered glass.

My imagination can be both limited and utterly batshit at the same time, so I wish Ultimecia the best of luck when it comes to probing my mind.

My first thought is simply a petulant, duck-lipped Lalafell with her arms folded and pouting at me, like a toddler being presented with a plate of greens when all she wants are Turkey Twizzlers.

But then the more...eclectic and weird parts of my imagination kick in and this pouting Lalafell is now a robot pouting Lalafell with a myriad of Gundam-like metallic parts. Unfortunately, this is a pouting Gundam Lalafell who hasn't been granted a license to strap rocket boosters on her back and be able to legally fly, so she's unfortunately stuck to using her short, plodding legs. To reach something from a high shelf for instance, Pouting Gundam Lalafell GF must winch herself up using this hook-like device that's hard-soldered into her armoured robotic left arm.

Pouting Gundam Lalafell GF is also a Transformer. Instead of a cool vehicle, fighter jet or a weapon however, she can only transform into a stool, meaning her alternate form is about as helpful to the situation for her as a shield made of single-layered glass.

Aaaaaand apparently, Ultimecia would consider that as the strongest possible GF from your subconscious mind? LOL

I realize that Griever is supposed to be something that Squall holds in high regard as something strong and capable of taking anything on, but the first thing I thought about was something 'scary' that Ultimicia could take out of my mind that it somehow came up with.

A few years ago I had this really bad dream, and while I've experienced sleep paralysis type dreams before, I hadn't really experienced the 'paralysis' until this dream. It wasn't anything grotesque or overly disturbing, but it really made me uncomfortable. Essentially, my dream was about these smooth black porcelain figures that resembled a lot of these Amish figures my grandmother used to have around her home, only these were like real people somehow, minus the face. I couldn't understand them but they just whispered to each other and gave me the full on uncomfies.

Anyway, if Ultimicia dipped into my brain and bypassed all the Bulbasaurs and frogs I think she'd pull out one of those creepy ceramic people that my brain managed to come up with. It's a dream so you probably couldn't hurt it with physical attacks, only magic, and it'd probably be able to have sleep, silence and demi drawn from it. It probably has a weird creepy low hum & whispers unintelligible stuff. Its name is ᴎᴉꞡⲏᴛᴍ■ᴙᴇ or something cliche, probably.

I drew a picture taking inspiration from the above but I suck at lighting, monsters, drawing & stuff so take that as you will
dummy.gif

GF.png

Back