Question regarding macros

timelesspa

Gil
FFXIV
Sirus
lm pretty new to doing macros, however l would like to write a few simple ones as lve recently picked up a new class however it would be useful to have a label on them for a short period until l get used to the icons and what they do.

l should note that l am a PS4 user so use the cross hotbar, when l hold the relevant button on my controller l access the relevant skill, now on my setup when l select the relevant hotbar (for example l hold R2 to select the left side of my cross bar) it brings up skills along with a tooltip of the skill name, the below is an example:

KL81slA.png

my question is can these tooltips names be changed? like changing "unmend" to "pull" while keeping the icon

for example with Dark Knight there are some skills that cant be used with Darkside on l was hoping that l could change the tooltips slightly to note these limitations via macros until l get used to what does what if that makes any sense.

hey! and yes you can!

Just start a new macro, and the name you give it will be the title that shows in your hotbar, and here's an example for Unmend:

/macroicon "Unmend"
/ac "Unmend"

after you're done you just have to set it on your hotbar :)

You can as shown above but I'd highly recommend against doing it. If only because you can't queue macros in XIV like you can regular actions (for example, if you press Hard Slash, you have to wait 2.5 seconds before you can use your next skill, Spinning Slash. However you can still press Spinning Slash at ~2 seconds and it'll "queue" and go off exactly when your GCD is over. With marcos though, you have to wait until the GCD is over before you can even press the button otherwise the macro will fail. This alone is a huge dps loss).

Add in all the off global cooldown abilities DRK has, and you're creating far more problems for yourself than if you just memorised the icons.

Back