Did anybody else keep thinking that their doorbell was ringing when walking around Balamb Town?

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Shiva Snowflake
Carlos el Cactuar
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon

Balamb_Town_1.jpg

Balamb Town is a pretty, tranquil, little seaside town. It is a lovely place to wander and pretend that you are on holiday...

But there was something about the lovely track Breezy which plays when you are in Balamb Town which kept startling me. I remember when I was younger I kept thinking that my doorbell was ringing!

0:51 is an example of the note which I refer to.

On occasion I found myself seeing to the door only to find nobody there. I was only a temporary idiot and caught on that it was in fact a part of the track, but when I took breaks from the game or hadn't heard the track in a while it would continue to startle me again for a split-second.

Did you experience this? Are there any other tracks in games which have led to a similar situation?

No can't say I had that happen to me at all, could be we use different door bell tones over here in the states, but most are very distinct that there wouldn't be a confusion like that.

Yeah, that never would've gotten me either, because my doorbell was so different. Plus, I played guitar already back then, so I recognized it as a series of harmonic notes from the start. I do get thrown off by real doorbells these days though, because a doorbell is me phone's e-mail tone, lol.

That being said, there are definitely things -some of which are in FF soundtracks- which sound like other things and catch me off guard. I can't think of any in particular at the moment, but if I do, I'll share :)

Lmao actually I remember thinking my doorbell rang too! I actually heard it more in Balamb Garden though when the bells play during the Balamb intro cinematics :/.

No, mainly because my doorbell was an abnoxious 5 or 6 chime atrocity which blared out at 5000 decibels

Back