Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
I just played the chapter 13 verse 2 and I think it is really amazing that SE let us play it without having to go through the game again. Although it is very small, some characters got an additional scene. We find out how
Iedolas becomes a daemon and how Ardyn kills Ravus by disguising as Noctis.
It was a nice preview of Gladiolus gameplay since the dlc is out tomorrow. I think they did a better job with this than the normal chapter 13 even though it was small fixes here and there. What did you guys think of it? Do you think it felt better than the original chapter 13?

I really did enjoy the verse 2 although it is short. It's a great enhancement for me to chapter 13. Also, the ring got buffed to hell. It's possible to use Alterna on Admantortoise now and one shot it lol!

That's out? Wonder why it hasn't updated for me yet...
Yes, check and see if you have patch update 1.07. When you go to the main screen, you can go straight into special and go into chapter 13 verse 2.

I quite like Chapter 13 Verse 2, and it does allow us to see some of the events which were implied to have occurred.

It needs, however, to played alongside the original Chapter 13 in order to fully experience the story. Both versions of the chapter really need to be played or else you risk missing out on vital story.

The game needed more sections like this in order to completely tell its story, and at least S-E recognise this and are giving us these little changes. I'm not keen on the idea of it swapping in for the original Chapter 13 (as the story of Noctis' journey there is critical to the overall story of the game), but I really love that you can access it from the home menu and play it just for fun / to see the extra cutscenes (which are fairly good, actually).

Yes, check and see if you have patch update 1.07. When you go to the main screen, you can go straight into special and go into chapter 13 verse 2.

Probably because like five other things decided they wanted to update yesterday, I had to manually tell XV to update. But I've got it downloaded now, and I'm hoping to try it later today.

Apologies for the double post. So I played the thing in the Special category... is that it? Just the Gladio thing (other than the buffs to the Ring of the Lucii)? If so, that felt distinctly much more like marketing for the Gladio DLC, than it did anything meaningful. It's smart marketing, and I don't have a problem with that at all. But it didn't explain anything that needed explaining, so much as it just showed stuff we already knew, but hadn't seen. It wasn't boring or anything, but it was kind of pointless. Also (this isn't a complaint, so much as an observation), the quality of the cutscenes was generally much lower quality than the base game. The one with Ravus and Noct was the only one that had some smooth camera work, with the rest being really 'digital' in how they panned or zoomed. It looked like quick work, more akin to the type of camera work you'd see in character conversations for sidequests in the main game. Some of the animations in the scenes were equally as game-y, and you could tell that there was little (if any) custom/mocap animation going on. It was mostly preset animation. Again, that's not a complaint; I get why it's like that 100%. But with as many other assets that were reused to make Verse 2 (like all of the enemies and the entire environment), it's really hard for me to argue that they didn't have the time to do a better job. Color me unimpressed, I suppose.

I uploaded a playthrough of Chapter 13 Verse 2 on FFF's YouTube.

Linnaete - Your Drumpf chocobo turned out to be quite useful!

Did anybody else pick up on the 'alternative facts' and 'fake news' references? They've clearly recorded these lines very recently.

Back