Item usage scenes?

XGPX0001

Gil
Hello everyone, my first post here.

So before I ask; thank you everyone for this site, I have played FF since I was in high school, played almost every game. Awesome site!

So, I have pretty much almost maxed out my FFXV aside from a few locked dungeons. ... lmao I feel so stupid asking this, but just guessing... like 5 hours of my 200+ hours game-play is probably my characters using items in battle.. Its getting so annoying, especially in final dungeons where every other hit is critical health even at Lv. 99 so I have to use an Elixir or w/e.. inc 10 second CS for each characters item usage.. Its sorta killing me IRL haha..

Has anyone come across anything to stop this? Perhaps a setting I have missed or a special thing you do in game, like getting Ignus to drive at night?

Thank you all, I feel stupid asking just Google has failed me.

As far as I know I don't think it is possible to skip these cutscenes. It can be quite annoying as it can interrupt the flow of battle.

On the plus side I do believe that while these item usage scenes are occurring everyone is invincible (so it may be possible to dodge attacks if well timed). The tech bar can continue to increase while items are being used too.

I might be wrong about the impossibility of skipping them, but I've looked and not found anything either.

-

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy what you see here, make friends, and post in topics that take your interest. :chocobuncle:

As far as I know I don't think it is possible to skip these cutscenes. It can be quite annoying as it can interrupt the flow of battle.

On the plus side I do believe that while these item usage scenes are occurring everyone is invincible (so it may be possible to dodge attacks if well timed). The tech bar can continue to increase while items are being used too.

I might be wrong about the impossibility of skipping them, but I've looked and not found anything either.

-

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy what you see here, make friends, and post in topics that take your interest. :chocobuncle:

Thank you for the swift reply -- And yes I have noticed this also. Using a Warp Strike or an Item during a "Dodge Scene" will stop you from being hit. As far as I can tell haha, I am the only person on Earth that has made a post or concern about this. Perhaps we should petition together if anyone is interested to get SE to add a "Skip battle item use CS per character" in post game/New Game+/or end game play? It's not like its a "I'm gonna quit the game thing haha" but it does really suck. Thanks for the reply and input bro, as far as we endgamer's can tell so far you are 100% correct. Its a shame.

Yes, there is a setting that turns off those cutscenes (can't recall what it's called, or where it is, but it is there). At least, it was there from the day one patch; if you have never updated the game, I suppose it might have been missing from version 1.00. It also might not shut all of them off (Phoenix Downs for example might still cut to the respective party member). But there is an option to shut them off, and I'm fairly certain it does indeed shut them all off.

As for using items often, that's core to the way the healing in the game was designed, since White Magic doesn't exist. It does get a little extreme post-game though. One other option is to use spells with healing ability. Won't do a ton, but it is a good way to keep attacking while also healing.

Nope

I just physically checked ALL of my XBOX One settings/options and in game settings... Most current version & all previous ones that I have randomly searched for after updates since the games US release. This option does not exist on any current systems, though I have never tried the beta or whatever you mentioned.

Yep

To clarify, I wasn't talking about a beta. When you buy the game (if you buy a physical copy), it is in it's 1.0 state. If your console was connected to the internet on the day the game released, as soon as you put the game in, it would ask you if you want to install the version 1.01 update (today, it's at version 1.05). The 1.01 update changed a lot of stuff, but apparently there are still some people who chose not to get (or couldn't get) that update for whatever reason.

In short, I wasn't sure if you'd ever updated your game or not. If you haven't, you might not have the option I'm talking about.

Regardless, you're incorrect; the option does exist. It is called Ally Cutaways, and it is in the Camera section of the Options menu.

Proof:

FINAL FANTASY XV_20170317093435.jpg

Amazing

To clarify, I wasn't talking about a beta. When you buy the game (if you buy a physical copy), it is in it's 1.0 state. If your console was connected to the internet on the day the game released, as soon as you put the game in, it would ask you if you want to install the version 1.01 update (today, it's at version 1.05). The 1.01 update changed a lot of stuff, but apparently there are still some people who chose not to get (or couldn't get) that update for whatever reason.

In short, I wasn't sure if you'd ever updated your game or not. If you haven't, you might not have the option I'm talking about.

Regardless, you're incorrect; the option does exist. It is called Ally Cutaways, and it is in the Camera section of the Options menu.

Proof:

View attachment 4900

I am new to these forums and it seems the other night I jumped my gun? HOW DID I MISS THIS?! ?!?!?!?! MORE!! lol. I stand defeated and bow to your knowledge sir, this is why I post in the first place. Thank you for your amazing knowledge. I am now on my LAST dungeon CastleMark Sealed Door (my last sealed). I've made it to the first camp with no items and just now for some dumbass reason maxed out Ignis's cooking and got the badass critical food. I left ofc for ingreds and am now starting at the beginning and end of my FFXV. Thanks bro you rock! 100% content completions inc for FFXV. Thank you guys this adds to my maxed FFs.

Seriously.. 5+ hours of my life wasted on a game option I missed over 20+ times hahahaha. Thank you guys! I will be back!!

I guess it pays to really study the options menu!

I must have completely glanced over 'Ally Cutaways' and took it to be nonsensical.

That's interesting. I'm not sure if I'll use it yet or not as sometimes those cutscenes are a life saver for avoiding a powerful blow.

@XGPX0001 Hahaha! You're welcome :) Regardless, it happens. When an options menu has that many options, and many that are unique to that specific game, it's easy to miss stuff. I personally always go through the options thoroughly before I even begin any game I play. And if there's anything I don't understand, I make a mental note of it, and check the options menu regularly whenever I find something isn't to my liking. I never know if one of the options I didn't understand is a solution to my issue. As such, I'm always the one who's telling my friends about stuff like this when they miss it, lol.

That last sealed dungeon is the only one I haven't done as well. I'm just gonna wait until I get to level 120, then maybe I'll try it. Seems more tedious than actually 'fun', and I'm more than happy enough just having the Platinum Trophy; I personally don't need to complete absolutely everything.

@Dionysos It definitely is helpful in some ways to keep Ally Cutaways on. I turned them off about 45 hours in, while going through Costlemark the first time. I wouldn't say it impacts gameplay enough to really make it 'harder' or anything. And in some of the later battles, battles with things like Tonberries, and two out of the three Timed Hunts they've released so far, having those cutaways on would've been maddening. But if you can bear seeing them constantly, the free Tech Bar filling it gives you is pretty nice. Then again, it can also be a detriment if anyone has poison, since I'm pretty sure that doesn't stop during cutaways either.

Back