Square Enix The Legacy of Kain

Martel

All your username are belong to me.
Veteran
Gil
LegacyOfKain_Logo.png

One of the many IPs Square Enix has acquired and has yet to use in any meaningful form. Granted, there was some attempt to revive the franchise through Nosgoth, a (frankly disgusting) free-to-play multiplayer title set in the same universe but with practically no connection whatsoever to the plot of the main series, but this never went further than the open beta, which shut down in May 2016. As matters stand, the last Legacy of Kain title was 2003's Defiance and, as Nosgoth never even got off the ground, it seems like this is one series that won't be seeing a reboot anytime soon...but then, with the more obscure and generally less well-received Drakengard making a comeback with Drakengard 3 and indirect sequels like NieR, it seems strange that something as well received as The Legacy of Kain series hasn't yet had a continuation, or at least an announcement of plans.

Personally, I'd kill for a new instalment, but I'd welcome remakes/remasters of the existing titles; perhaps a remake of Blood Omen, given that the game is now over 20 years old. A Soul Reaver remake would no doubt go down extremely well also. With Crystal Dynamics getting a shiny new studio recently, time spent on reviving the Legacy of Kain franchise would be more productive than continuing to flog the awful Tomb Raider reboots.

Anyone else play these games, either recently through Steam, or when they were first released?

I have played the demo and I have to say that I really like the game. I would like to see a HD remaster of this franchise myself since it was one of the greatest game from the PlayStation One era. People would love to see this franchise been reincarnated in this generation and I think it would be a great idea for Crystal Dynamics to do a remake or a remaster of both Legacy of Kain titles. We already have seen the announcement of Shadow of Colossus been remaster for PS4 on E3 this year. So why not do the same thing with Legacy of Kain?

I think both games deserves to be part of this generation since its a unique game and it shouldn't be forgotten. If Legacy of Kain gets remade, it would be as neat or probably better than Darksiders. There isn't as many adventure games that has the same elements and the same play style as Legacy of Kain. From Raziel absorbing the souls of the enemies to the classic finishing move. That is what made the game so unique.

Let's just cross our fingers and hope that Crystal Dynamics decides to recreate this game in the future.

Back