Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
we see the mogs as a summon and as a game on Gold Saucer, but do we ever know why we dont physically interact with them? they're folklore in FFX, so is that the case of VII, too?

did jenova make the mogs her primary victims :amg:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has noticed this.

It's interesting that moogles are often mascots in many FF titles, and only appear to exist in the form of dolls or summons.

Even FFXIII-2's moogle was effectively a very sophisticated robot.

FFIX and FFXII (and a few others) are actually rare for giving moogles a place as an actual species of sentient creature, and yet we often think that moogles are about on every FF planet we are on.

My guess is that in FFVII's world moogles might not exist in the real world, or if they do then they are extinct or incredibly rare. We only see them in the form of dolls (Cait Sith's moogle mount, and the moogle teddy from Advent Children, etc), the video game at the Gold Saucer, as obstacles during the snowboarding mini-game (which when you look at the course is nonsensical and hardly real-world at all), and the Choco-Mog summon.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that moogles exist only in the lore of the planet as mythic creatures like fairies or sprites, but I could be wrong.

oh, yeah. i forgot that the other ff games lack them, too. :lew: how strange... they're in every title but they seem to be fairytales. :lew: i wish square would explain this.

until square tells me i'm wrong, i'm saying jenova slayed the entire mog race :wacky:

I would assume that Moogles are purely magical creatures in VII, hence why the only one we see that's real is a summon. There might not be many ways to conjure one, but they gained 'fairy tale' style popularity regardless. Or maybe they were indeed decimated by Jenova like most of the Cetra. Maybe they were a sort of companion to the Cetra. If one takes the visual style of the Mog arcade game into account, I could see them possibly once living in the Ancient Forest, which maybe was once much bigger. They look similar, and it is called the Ancient Forest.

Oooh, mang. I'm glad you said that because I was sort of thinking something like that, too. Like I feel like the mogs would have definitely been companions to the Cetra. Thanks for saying that. :pooley:

Makes me hope they really delve into the mog/cetra stories.

Another thing occurred to me randomly while I was googling for images of moogles... (This is normal behaviour, don't question it).

Why did the FFVII moogles not have pom poms? I mean it might be that the moogles aren't 'real' anymore and that they are extinct (if they were ever real at all) and now exist only in the form of mascots (as discussed above), so did the inhabitants of the FFVII world forget that moogles used to have pom poms? Is their familiarity with moogles based on ancient carvings or folk memory, or even based on the fossil record?

Having said that, within a few years they would rediscover that moogles had pom poms... In Advent Children there are moogle dolls with pom poms. Had people at Bone Village unearthed a well-preserved fossil of a moogle with pom pom intact?

Or was it found to be too difficult to depict pom poms convincingly with the graphics engine that they used for FFVII? :argor:

The lack of pom poms is a little strange given that they are a very prominent feature in most representations of moogles in the FF franchise.

Back