Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
GamersFlag : Would it take sense to you to create an HD Remaster of Compilation of Final Fantasy VII ( Before Crisis, Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus) on a unique platform like you did with Kingdom Hearts ? Beyond the possibility of making it, would you like to do this ?

Tetsuya Nomura : Concerning Final Fantasy VII Remake, which is a title loaded with a lot of mystery for now, it will be different from the original Final Fantasy VII. If we make a compilation, these games will hardly have an overall coherence. It will be difficult because there is no more continuity between the Compilation and the Remake for the moment.

kh13.com

Does this mean I get to finally say goodbye to that horrid Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus?

I certainly hope so, but I'm a bit skeptical about the "it will be different from the original Final Fantasy VII" part.

yeah, that goes against what he said last year. Last time Nomura confirmed that the remake wouldn't be too different in terms of story from the original. So maybe that part got lost in translation or something. This was translated from Japanese, to French, to English, so who knows.

Like with most interviews that are translated, certain nuances in the responses could well be lost in translation or just garbled up completely, giving us a very misleading picture of what the guy probably meant.

But reading that, I seem to get the impression that these games are sounding increasingly more like a "re-imagining" of the original game twenty years later as opposed to a conventional faithful remake. So it's conceivable that the original FFVII and the Compilation exist in one corner while the remake is its own thing in another. At this point, I think it essentially sounds like FFXVI in disguise, but it's cosplaying as FFVII.

yeah, that goes against what he said last year. Last time Nomura confirmed that the remake wouldn't be too different in terms of story from the original. So maybe that part got lost in translation or something. This was translated from Japanese, to French, to English, so who knows.

If it was actually translated twice, then I'm not trusting this one bit. I hardly trust single translations after all of this "FFVIIR will be episodic", "Lightning's boobs jiggle", sort of nonsense.

That being said, Compilation FFVII stuff being axed is like music to my ears. Plot-wise, -while I usually like to refrain from using such venomous rhetoric- the compilation stuff is some of the only things in games that I won't hesitate to call garbage.

At this point, I think it essentially sounds like FFXVI in disguise, but it's cosplaying as FFVII.

:rofl: Why do I actually see them doing this at an E3 in a few years... Final Fantasy VII logo chaning into FFXVI....

Back on topic though, If I take this at the actual words of the interview, it does sound like they are not going include any of the Crisis Core and DOC and so on to it... However I don't see this because in so many interviews they have said they don't want to just do a simple remake, they want to turn this into basically a whole new experience, so I think that somehow we still will get a little of the complications into the game. I guess this is one of those "time will tell" things.

I think you need to take this with a grain of salt. The quote alone trolls us as is.

"there is no more continuity between the Compilation and the Remake for the moment."

FOR NOW. But please look forward to more crap. :wacky:

I think you need to take this with a grain of salt. The quote alone trolls us as is.

"there is no more continuity between the Compilation and the Remake for the moment."

FOR NOW. But please look forward to more crap. :wacky:

Oh god I can't believe I missed that. I really want this remake to be good but every new piece of information I see only makes me even more worried.

Oh god I can't believe I missed that. I really want this remake to be good but every new piece of information I see only makes me even more worried.

I have very little doubt that it will be a good game. Regardless of what anyone says, the only (supposedly) truly terrible mainline Final Fantasy that Square has ever released was the original build of FFXIV. And this remake is very much intended to be a mainline title.

The issue is... will it be a faithful remake? Or will it use the same sort of awful writing that all of the compilation stuff did; tons of new cookie-cutter anime characters, enough convolution and 'shiny things' to drown in, deus-ex machina's everywhere, complete ignorance of established canon, transformations of character personalities (Cloud is not a self-depricating emo guy for most of the original game, dammit!), etc. That will be what really dictates how well this remake will stand up. Honestly, so far all of the stuff they've shown off has been really faithful. But you never know what will happen, because they've shown next to nothing.

According to the information that we just read, I can say that the compilation will not be part of the game for now. This might implied that the compilation might be added to the remake later as a DLC. That is the best way to add the compilation to this remake.

Back