Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
We got this for completing the main quest in the Chocomoogle carnival, which ended last week. It has a unique description stating that "It won't hatch anytime soon and it is full of dreams" What do you think this item is and will it reward us for attempting the limited time carnival? I don't think it will be a "story item" as you don't need to reach Altissia itself. You could have attempted the carnival at level 1 if you really wanted. Yeah, so for everyone that did the limited time event, what do you think will hatch from the Dream Egg? I personally think it could be a flying chocobo cause who the hell likes the flying car, right? lol. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that this item is super mysterious. It l likely hatches come Easter time or something... or maybe you have to do something special to make it hatch!

Some people think it has to do with Carbuncle, since his role seems to be all about dreams. Others think it might be the ability to choose black as a chocobo color. I think something using Carbuncle is more likely, but I'd say it's probably a special boss fight. Now sure why; it doesn't fit the description really. But it feels like the sort of thing that would be a simple but effective reward.

So... An egg which we receive after hanging out with the Carbuncle, but many people are speculating that it might be a black chocobo egg...

In that case it must be :chocobuncle:!

-

In seriousness, I can probably say what it is likely to not be. We've already witnessed a black chocobo egg and have seen one hatch. There is a black chocobo chick waddling about thanks to us. This dream egg is unlikely to be a black chocobo egg, or it would likely be recognised as such.

It is more likely something to do with Carbuncle, or giving us some sort of access to the dream realm of the Platinum Demo. Or it could be something entirely new.

The other question is this: when will this egg hatch?

So... An egg which we receive after hanging out with the Carbuncle, but many people are speculating that it might be a black chocobo egg...

In that case it must be :chocobuncle:!

-

In seriousness, I can probably say what it is likely to not be. We've already witnessed a black chocobo egg and have seen one hatch. There is a black chocobo chick waddling about thanks to us. This dream egg is unlikely to be a black chocobo egg, or it would likely be recognised as such.

It is more likely something to do with Carbuncle, or giving us some sort of access to the dream realm of the Platinum Demo. Or it could be something entirely new.

The other question is this: when will this egg hatch?

A Carbuncobo would be epic!!!

Outside of the vacuum of the game, it makes the most sense for it to be something easy to implement, that might reuse some assets (even if it's just animations or mechanics like chocobo riding), something that they feel isn't worth charging for, and also something that might make people who missed it a bit jealous, but won't make them truly feel like they're left out of something huge. While I would love for it to be a dream realm or something like the Platinum Demo, or a flying chocobo, I just don't see that unless most of what it entails has already been made/used beforehand.

Though... I think I just realized what it might be. I suppose it could be possible, that it's the Mystery Disc demo area:

They did imply that the fight with Yosuke Matsuda was coming to the game at some point. So maybe you get access to said demo, or more likely, everyone gets access to it, but people with the Dream Egg get something special while they're there.

Back