Suggestion General Square Enix/Dragon Quest boards?

Martel

All your username are belong to me.
Veteran
Gil
So, yeah. Was wondering what people might think of these. Perhaps a General Square Enix board more than a Dragon Quest board, since the former could encapsulate the latter, but to me at least it would make sense to have that additional coverage and option for discussion, since we also have a Square Enix News section.

Dragon Quest as a series has been getting more and more attention in Western territories over the last few years - we've had DQVII and DQVIII on the 3DS within the last few months, we have Heroes II coming up, and I imagine we'll get DQXI as well, so there is plenty to chat about on the horizon. A general Square Enix board would make sense with things like NieR: Automata coming out...and it could also be stretched to include things like Tomb Raider, Star Ocean, and other series Square Enix have rui--uh, had a hand in.

I realise this is predominantly a Final Fantasy forum, but we also have a Kingdom Hearts section, and whilst KH does include FF characters, they're little better than cameos, and despite the re-releases, we've been waiting for a full game in KHIII for years now. I'd say discussing a series like Dragon Quest has just as much merit, personally.

I dunno, just thought I'd toss the idea out there for scrutiny. Thoughts?

I think it's a good idea, personally. Has my support!

shivas iSmiff

A general Square board(s) might not be a bad idea in the long term it may bring in more people, or just expand the general chit chat here already, I vote a yes. Cant comment on DQ so yea ..lol shoot me later!

I vote yes too! (I'm just way too excited for NieR omg)

I think this would be great idea, since in the end Square-Enix has many franchises, such as Hitman, Tomb Raider, Mana, Saga, Star Ocean etc. and many single games and now an Avengers game, and with that this new Project Prelude Rune coming, it would be a nice idea to have a general Square Enix area to talk about this vs just throwing it into general gaming area.

We used to have a Square Enix section (The World is Square) which was scrapped back in 2009, I think. The problem we ran into it were many multiple/duplicated threads created in that section as well as Playstation, XBox, etc. This was before Multiple Platforms section was created. We constantly had to merge or close threads (which is not a big deal now), but back then we had a lot more members and the forums were still an active platform, so the decision wasn't made lightly out of the blue.

Either way, I don't mind giving this idea another try if that's what everyone prefers. We were looking to minimize the sub-forums (I believe the FF mods still have to finish a few things) since the number one criticism we hear from newer members is the structure and organization of our excessive sub-forums, but a section dedicated to SE titles wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I've wanted this for a while, too. Would love if we had one.

Think it might be a good idea to give it another go. Might open up a little more discussion as well.

Back