New to Let's Play - Super Mario Bros. 2

Hi, here are just my 2 pence. I'll be to the point since that's the easiest way to learn lol.

Good shout for a start up let's play :). It's nice and short so you can get used to things easily. The picture quality is fine for an old game like this but you'd need to improve it a bit (to maybe 720p if possible?) for anything more modern imo. Others might not care though :lew:.

The sound is the main issue, for me. Your comms need to be louder and the background music quieter. I'm someone who has issues with getting this balance right, so you aren't alone ha. If anything though, reducing the BGM almost right down is solid enough since the music isn't the point of a let's play and you can make the music louder for a bonus episode or something; that's what I personally do unless I mess up a bit :).

A quick question: did you write a script or anything for this? While this can work, and a lot of let's players swear you have to do so in order to have some structure, I feel it can make things really stilted. I think you need to loosen up a little bit and remember it's all for fun. Joke around, take the mick out of things (if you're going for comedy). Just...be yourself :monocle:.

I hope this doesn't annoy in any way. I always feel like people dislike me being overly critical. It all comes with practice though and with simple changes you'll be right on track.

I didn't have a script, I just used improv. I think it's better that way because you will never know what might happen.

Also I don't plan on doing anything past 16 bit

Back