New member asking for navigation directions

Gil
Hello. I am OhGodItsHimRun; some people run away, but a few run towards me instead. Okay, it's usually just my dog (grins). Please feel free to call me OGIHR for short.

I am an amateur writer, and I have an idea I'm working on for a novella. It's a bit of a superhero story, in a Renaissance-fantasy setting. And I would very much like to model the imagery of the city's heroes on my nostalgia for the Final Fantasy games I played in my youth, oh so many years ago. Sadly, I just don't remember the games in sufficient detail to do them justice. Thus my registering here to ask for your help.

Could someone please direct me to the right section of the forums to seek detailed help on this matter?

*runs away but shouts back as he runs*

Hello, OGIHR! :argor:

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad you enjoyed playing Final Fantasy games in days gone by, and that you are rekindling your interest for your own creative works.

I'd love to help you out and point you in the right direction. However, I'd like to know what specifically you are looking for. Would you like me to point you in the direction of decent discussions of Final Fantasy games which have a vaguely Renaissance theme to them? Or would you like to create your own thread asking for help about these themes, and you'd like to know which section to put it in?

If the latter, then perhaps you can place your thread in FF General Discussion.

That's the generic non-specific Final Fantasy board for any discussion about Final Fantasy.

You can also find individual forum boards relating to each Final Fantasy game in its parent forum the Final Fantasy board.

But if you do want me (and other people) to help point you in the direction of already existing threads detailing the lore of particular FF games then I'm sure we'll do our best if you let us know which FF games you have in mind.

Welcome again, and I hope you stick around.

I'd love to help you out and point you in the right direction. However, I'd like to know what specifically you are looking for. Would you like me to point you in the direction of decent discussions of Final Fantasy games which have a vaguely Renaissance theme to them? Or would you like to create your own thread asking for help about these themes, and you'd like to know which section to put it in?

If the latter, then perhaps you can place your thread in FF General Discussion.

That's the generic non-specific Final Fantasy board for any discussion about Final Fantasy.

You can also find individual forum boards relating to each Final Fantasy game in its parent forum the Final Fantasy board.
Thank you so much. I now know where to create a more-detailed thread, looking for more-detailed information on my topic. That is all I could have asked for.

LINK for the more detailed-thread: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/63686-Amateur-writer-seeking-superheroic-character-imagery

Last edited:
Welcome!

Additionally, you can always ask away in the SB if you have any burning shorter questions/series of short questions as there's a good chance you may receive quicker responses in there. :D

the SB stands for our Shout Box it's below that recent post bit which you may be looking at and right above of where you start making threads. That is unless you happen to be using a mobile phone which by default cuts it out and you would have to scroll to the bottom to enable the web version. Anyways welcome aboard here.

the SB stands for our Shout Box it's below that recent post bit which you may be looking at and right above of where you start making threads. That is unless you happen to be using a mobile phone which by default cuts it out and you would have to scroll to the bottom to enable the web version. Anyways welcome aboard here.
Ah. That makes sense. Good to know. Thank you both.

Back