Final Fantasy 15.

TKDragon132

Gil
I have seen the trailer for final fantasy 15 so many times, and i'm wondering if I should get it or not.

Depends on what kinds of games you enjoy the most, and what you're expecting. For me, it's overall a really enjoyable game, but one that has many flaws that will probably annoy discerning players.

Get the game if you:

- are sold on the concept of spending the overwhelming majority of your time with these three friends, listening to their (repetitive, but plentiful) banter
- aren't put off by the road trip theme of the game that is rather integral to what is mostly an open world game
- enjoy action RPGs with an emphasis on positionals, some environmental awareness, timing blocks and parries, and a good quantity of QTE button-mashing
- enjoy a game where a linear narrative isn't at the forefront of your mind and if you aren't too fussed at all about having a well-told and well-paced story delivered to you
- don't mind games with heaps of uninspired side quests and errand runs
- enjoy some relatively well-designed dungeons, with most of them being optional and accessible when you head off the beaten track and discover them
- just simply want to play an offline Final Fantasy or a big-budget JRPG, the latter of which has become particularly rare these days

Do not get the game if you:

- enjoy Final Fantasy for stories and for the storytelling, because this game cannot properly tell a story to save its life, and nor does it do an adequate job at all of making you care for and understand its side characters outside of the main four and the main villain. When the game does elect to explain something, it revels in simply telling you it in often brief and ambiguous ways as opposed to showing you
- prefer your games to feel "complete", and there are character episode DLCs and supposed story cutscene patches being promised sometime in the near future, so you may wish to hold your horses and wait until their availability. The current product feels evidently rushed and had at least one limb hacked off with an axe by a development team at its limits while gunning for the release date
- simply do not enjoy open world games at all - FFXV is very unlikely to change your mind
- watched every trailer of the game so far and expect most of these trailers to be representative of content in the game. They are not. Only the trailers from months before the game's official release are accurate. The overwhelming percentage of footage from as recent as late 2014 to early 2016 is simply not in the final release
- aren't enamoured with an action RPG where you're often or not fighting against the camera and the tendency of your AI party members to be regularly killed with healing possible only with the use of curative items.
- expect Final Fantasy Versus XIII. This game is not Versus XIII in spite of the surface visual and musical similarities.

Well my favorite Final Fantasy our of the ones I have played (1,2,4,11,12) is final fantasy 4.

Last edited:
I've been wondering what Final Fantasy I should get next. I like the 2, and 4th final fantasy.

Last edited:
Going from the older, classic style of FF2, you might like to go for 5 next. It's got a job system (which 2 essentially has the basics of in the way you can build your team up differently) and is well loved for the music and art style (bright, colourful and vibrant).

P.S. I say job system, it's more pronounced than that of 2's. You actually choose a class and learn abilities related to that class in 5.

Back