Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
SOTW General Discussion thread.

You can use this thread to discuss or suggest themes, chat about previous winners or entries, you name it.
This thread will also be used to hand out certain prizes and/or moderator updates.

Make sure to read the General Information thread.

Go, go, go! :D

Just sent my signature in. I did it in 30 minutes and I tried to not overthink it or sit on it too long. I only looked at it once to send it in... here's hoping I still like it in the morning. :pooley:

Just sent my signature in. I did it in 30 minutes and I tried to not overthink it or sit on it too long. I only looked at it once to send it in... here's hoping I still like it in the morning. :pooley:

♥ Super happy you entered! :ryan:

Remember guys, you still have tomorrow (Friday) to submit! :D

ehhhh, well I hope I can improve in the next few weeks. but im happy to have something to do again :lew:

We had some technical issues on the forum yesterday, so SOTW is a tad late. You can cast your vote for SOTW here.

Thanks to everyone who participated in week 1. Make sure to read the guidelines for SOTW 3 and submit your entries on time!

Extending SOTW 3 to Sunday, January 29th. :)

Really couldn't find a render that I liked this week! I guess it didn't help that I don't know anything about Kingdom Hearts, haha. I should have started earlier aaah :eyeroll:

Did find stuff for next week's though. Seemed a bit easier

Ross yeahhh, I was going with the new releases coming out (themed). :lew:
The Welsh Paddy, if you guys have any theme suggestions, please post them here. :D

What do you guys think, should SOTW be uploaded to DeviantArt without a watermark or with (current)? Curious to know what you guys think.

Without a watermark, and pushing out the winning entries via Social Media we're more at risk of people possibly claiming they made certain pieces. However, without the watermark the pieces will look better.

http://FFForums.deviantart.net

Thoughts?

To be completely honest, we are kinda ripping other people's work off when we make these tags anyway. :hmmm: Unless I made something completely from scratch (i.e. Created my own textures, drawn my own renders, or if I went and paid royalties for certain stocks, etc.) then I'm not really fussed about having a watermark on my pieces. And if people go claiming it as their own piece of work then... y'know, that just makes them a sad, sad person. :mokken:

watermark for sure. and maybe a link to the dA page of the winner if they have one.

Since the DA page hosts different artists' work and we can't possibly know the extent of original material or permissions they have, maybe we should keep the watermark; better safe than sorry.

It may be viewed that we are all ripping other people's work, but look at it like song covers: the song is made by someone else sure, but other versions are attributed to the cover artist and considered their work too. Many resources are free for use, plenty of fonts are free for non-commercial uses and it's not like the finished pieces we make are copy + paste designs; there is actual creative work involved :lew:

Anyways, just my two cents, personally I don't watermark my stuff but I can see where there's a need for it on a group/forum page. :)

Six

For SOTW #6; is that Galaxy the phone, Galaxy the chocolate, Galaxy the outer space or perhaps any of the three?

The outer space! But considering it might've caused some confusion, all of the above will be allowed. :lew:

Due to the forum being down yesterday I'll extend SOTW's due date to tomorrow. Sunday, the 19th. :)

Back