Moogle Charms and XP boosting magic questions

Gil
EDIT: I managed to find all the answers myself since no one responded and I experimented.

1, Moogle Charms stack, it matters who has it(I felt stupid once I thought about that one)

2. Exp Magic is based off the number of items used, so 9 Rare Coins(I had 32) will give max level magic.

3. Also Exp magic, for some reason when I made Firaga with Debased bank Notes(I had to use all but one of the ones I had to get the 99 XP boost), I got 9 charges instead of 5 or 6.

Hopefully, this is helpful to someone still playing around with the game. I know it helped me and my now level 99 party :)

If an admin wants to lock this my threads purpose has been served.

Hello there all! New to these forums. I was hoping someone could help me clear up a couple questions I have about the game that I have yet to see anyone directly answer. Okay here goes!

First, Moogle Charms - I currently have two in my inventory.

Question 1, Do the Moogle Charms stack their XP boost?

Question 2, Does it matter who has the Moogle Charms equipped?(Ie, does it have to be Noctis or can any of the party have them.)

Second, xp magic.

Is the XP boost based on the potency of the spell, or the number of items used? Example, if I have the acension ability that makes a single charge = 100 magic for the first charge and use 1 rare coin, will I get the same xp boost as if my elemancy only used 1 charge and I used 9 rare coins?

I appreciate any help someone can give me!

Last edited:
Before this is locked, I think it's important to add that using 9 Rare Coins is actually inefficient, since each one adds 12 levels to the EXP boost. But going from 8 to 9 coins takes it from level 96 to level 99, meaning 9 levels are completely wasted. And since 8 coins is a threshold for boosting the amount of spells received, and 9 isn't, that coin is all but wasted. A small thing, but Rare Coins are indeed decently rare if you don't know where to look, don't know to save them from early on, or don't like boring grinding.

Back