Petition to release Tetsuya Nomura's story for Final Fantasy Versus 13

IvanKazuya

Gil
I played and completed Final Fantasy 15 and found the story a bit missing from when the trailers of 2006-2009 first captured my attention to the game that was supposedly based on a true story. Being disappointed and motivated by revisiting all the trailers and deeply desiring what I saw, I took it upon myself to create a petition for Tetsuya Nomura or Square Enix to release the original story concept for Final Fantasy Versus 13. For those interested, please sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/tetsuya-nomura-release-tetsuya-nomura-s-story-for-final-fantasy-versus-13-to-the-public?recruiter=652180742&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

I hope we can see how much has changed from Tabata's vision for Final Fantasy 15 by looking at Nomura's original and dark vision for Final Fantasy Versus 13.

It won't be the first time I say this and nor will it be my last, but Change.org petitions for anything but the most viral and publicised cause will yield absolutely no results (and even then, lol...), so it kind of baffles me that people bother making them.

But that said, hopefully one day we'll learn of everything that went on with Versus/XV and what Nomura originally had in mind. It's certainly not going to happen while Nomura is still under SE's employment though and even then, any non-disclosure agreements for X amount of time may have to be honoured. And who knows if he will even want to - or care to - spill the bills then.

Personally I'm letting it all go. Versus looked cool in the past and I did let my imagination run wild, but the time has passed and some things need to be laid to rest. Like Stella. Who was supposedly going to be Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense. Actually, that would have been interesting. It would have been actual screen time for the heroine character!

Nomura already is being spread thin between directing FFVII: Remake (which is suppose to be multiple games) and KHIII. I'm not a KH fan, but I know what it's like to wait a really long time for a game. You pro Versus XIII fans really need to move forward, and stop allowing yourselves to be stuck in the past. FFXV has some type of long term plan that is going to start going into effect later on. I guess it really pushes that Frieza meme of "This isn't even my final form".

Sorry but this is a bit silly, as the game has struggled to even be Versus and had to be transformed into what it is today as Final Fantasy XV. Maybe some elements of Versus will be within a future Final Fantasy title, as some dropped content from Final Fantasy games have appeared in future ones. A deleted Final Fantasy VI character sounds alot like Quistis Trepe, and a early concept art of Squall looks very much like Lightning Farron. But Versus as a whole is gone.

I hope one day we can see the concept of XIII Versus. I would really love to know more about how the game became XV. Maybe they will release an artbook which focuses on this topic. (Or at least they should write more about it in a XV artbook.) ^^

I hope one day we can see the concept of XIII Versus. I would really love to know more about how the game became XV. Maybe they will release an artbook which focuses on this topic. (Or at least they should write more about it in a XV artbook.) ^^

That would be incredible, though there is also the scary thought that.... Versus wasn't even much of a game to begin with

They'll probably put it in the next game but with different characters.

Back