What Final Fantasy game in the Main Series do you think has the most balanced party?

What Final Fantasy Main Series Game has most balanced party?

• I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • II

• III

• IV

• V

• VI

• VII

• VIII

• IX

• X

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • XII

• XIII

• Total voters

noctiscloud

Gil
ANSWER POLL AND EXPLAIN BELOW!! By most balanced I mean the smallest difference in overall ability between each of the playable characters/classes? I see so many people making tier lists of what characters/classes are the best, but as someone still playing through many of the games, I am wondering if there are any games where people see the tiers as irrelevant. Let's also exclude XV as an option because (at least to me) it seems like it is a pretty easy choice as #1 and I want to see what other parties people think.

Immediately games like VII, VIII, XII, and XIII come to mind, because party members don't really have jobs, so much as you build them into whatever you want them to be. By the end of these games, you can essentially make everyone an ultimate 'jack of all trades'.

However, I threw a curveball in the mix by choosing X. Why? Because it's the only game where you can literally level everyone's stats to the exact same point. Particularly if you wipe the Sphere Grid and redo the whole thing, you can essentially 100% max everyone out. Yes, they have differences in terms of their jobs still, but that won't really matter at that point.

Back