This game tries so hard at open world exploration and fails miserably

I think it worked out perfectly. The game wasn't aiming to be an RPG, that's the mold it took. The overal concept is to experience that universe through the eyes of Noctis. You're in a huge place, but at the same time Gladio will remind you your kingdom is being overrun by darkness and there is a sense of urgency and responsibility that Noctis never wanted but has to nut up and deal with. Getting umbra is an interesting aspect to the story that I honestly didn't appreciate right way. The gods essentially give you the power to live in different times of your (Noctis) life. If the story is too dark for anyone to handle, they can go back to the days of hunting monsters and exploring dungeons with old friends. Even after expericing the end it feels as if the gods granted Noctis the ability to continue to expicence parts of his life in the afterlife/ heaven/ other world.

This game in it's self is only a small part of the whole Universe. Alongside Kingsglave (movie) and Brotherhood (anime), I think the expansions are going to and a lot of new gameplay and hours. And I do see rodes they can take for sequels.

What I would want to see more that anything is (and this is just in hopes) FFXV-2; an expancesive and complimenty version of FFXV through Luna. She goes through a lot of things that I would very much like to expirence. They could also expand on the city gameplay and perspective the way XXIII (Verses) was dipicted with the "a game based on real life" alowing Ansomnia to be one of the major exploitable areas in the game. Also revealing that she survived and escaped Altisa and that Noctis came back to life (something the way Harry Potter did) and had the power to save his friends. Then following FFXV-3 telling the story of the reconstruction of the kingdom after defeating the Alden, with full party cosutimization adding DLC characters with Cindy, Luna and all of Luna's bodyguards and friends, with dream like sequences that tie back to reasons why the kingdom is named Ansomnia, and revealing the reason the demons exisit is that multiple universes were overlapped buy Alden's manipulation of the crystal and the power of the gods, as gods resign above the realm of time and the different versions of time. That would be the absolute greatest game.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 also has a much much better open world than this, it feels like it has ''too much freedom'' to do whatever you want in the open world. It has many villages, houses to enter, shops and cities. Everythings, and in Witcher 3 you can go almost anywhere you want not to mention that you can swim.

Even in Xenoblade you can swim.

well honestly i was never really bothered that i couldn't swim but that chocobos could swim in some places but not others and just generally how traveling in the game feels like a complete headache when combined with the atrocious load times on PS4

it made the game really underwhelming and eventually it just got to a point where i was fast traveling everywhere because i just wanted to be done with the game.

i mean i really did travel on foot a lot in this game - to put it into perspective: survival was the second of the four skills that i mastered. The whole thing just felt like a headache.

I remember walking up the winding road to the hunter HQ near vesperpool to pick up a hunt that sent me right back to where i came from and I quickly realized that these fences were in my way to prevent me from traveling down the mountain and I just didn't want to play the game anymore for a while lol but I went back out there and before i could get there i was glitched and stuck on a chocobo after killing a couple of giants and dude it just pissed me off so bad

its not the worst title they have put out but these are not the mistakes and design blunders you would expect from a company that has been in the business this long and built themselves a franchise. Sure, they are probably adapting to a new stye... But honestly in FFXIV you can't swim and that holds no bearing on the fact it was a better developed game and was hardly any different from FFXV in what it had to offer players as far as exploration is concerned and just... All around had a smoother and non-contradictory flow of gameplay.

people are still gonna play it and like it for what it is by i'm personally too disappointed in it to enjoy it that much

Oh...the irony of you bringing up FFXIV. A game that you claim was better developed, yet went through a revamp shortly after it had originally released. I'm not saying FFXIV is a bad game, but it wasn't a home run day one either. Even though FFXV will have some changes, I doubt it'll be anything as radical as what took place with FFXIV.

Back