Suggestion FFXV Help Booth sub-forum

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
To be on the safe side? I'm sure there'll be some players needing aid with the game at some point.

Your guys' call. :)

Might want to throw a spoiler section in the thread title as a precaution then, just to err on the safe side.

It would probably be easier just to make a sticky thread and not dedicate a sub-forum to the game given the activity level on the forum.

If anything this forum has too many sub-forums and forums as it is really, there are some places that aren't in use at all and makes navigation pretty difficult. If activity was much higher I'd agree and if there was a real legitimate need for it but as it stands there are only a few active threads in the FFXV section as it is. Even a sticky thread is pushing it as any new thread makes the forum look more active which is more attractive to new members.

If anything this forum has too many sub-forums and forums as it is really, there are some places that aren't in use at all and makes navigation pretty difficult.

Pretty much this. :hmmm: I'm aware we have Help Booth sub-forum sections in all other section, so it begs a legit question, why not for this one too? But I'm considering taking the sub-forums out and replacing it with 'Help' (and 'Spoilers') prefixes instead.

I'll have a chat with the others soon and see what we can do from there.

For the time being, 'Help' and 'Spoilers' prefixes have been added to FFXV section.

Also, sorry for the late reply!

But I'm considering taking the sub-forums out and replacing it with 'Help' (and 'Spoilers') prefixes instead.
Which is a perfect alternative anyway. Prefixes are amazing. Maybe 'Tips' could be another one to consider, although I can see how 'Help' could also work as an umbrella prefix for all help and tips.

Pretty much this. :hmmm: I'm aware we have Help Booth sub-forum sections in all other section, so it begs a legit question, why not for this one too? But I'm considering taking the sub-forums out and replacing it with 'Help' (and 'Spoilers') prefixes instead.

I'll have a chat with the others soon and see what we can do from there.

For the time being, 'Help' and 'Spoilers' prefixes have been added to FFXV section.

Also, sorry for the late reply!

No need to be sorry! I appreciate that you've came up with the perfect solution to this, the prefixes is an awesome idea.

I've been thinking about this ever since I joined really, there is such a massive amount of forums and sub-forums that posting seems a bit more difficult than other forums I've been to. There are several that haven't been posted in since years ago or only a topic or two have been posted in recently making some areas look very inactive. I think condensing down forums and merging some of the more inactive subforums and forums would not only makes us look more active, and as a result more attractive to newcomers, but also it'll just tidy the place up some more and really get this place looking much more clean, professional and inviting.

I could get in depth with a few ideas I have in another topic if you'd like, could get a conversation going on making this look even better for the New Year and get this place booming for 2017!

No need to be sorry! I appreciate that you've came up with the perfect solution to this, the prefixes is an awesome idea.

I've been thinking about this ever since I joined really, there is such a massive amount of forums and sub-forums that posting seems a bit more difficult than other forums I've been to. There are several that haven't been posted in since years ago or only a topic or two have been posted in recently making some areas look very inactive. I think condensing down forums and merging some of the more inactive subforums and forums would not only makes us look more active, and as a result more attractive to newcomers, but also it'll just tidy the place up some more and really get this place looking much more clean, professional and inviting.

I could get in depth with a few ideas I have in another topic if you'd like, could get a conversation going on making this look even better for the New Year and get this place booming for 2017!

We don't mind suggestions at all, so feel free. :) If you're more comfortable PMing us @Shu @Dionysos @Ilyena that's fine too.

Nothing is set in stone yet since we're still considering a few things. One, this is a massive undertaking just for two FF mods to do alone (admins will need a hand in this as well), and we're not exactly a huge fan of mass archiving of older threads if it can benefit others. Part of it is our unique FFF history and just shows how far we go back and have come along.

On the other hand, we do take serious note of constructive criticisms from new members (we want to ensure no one's getting lost around here), so it's up in the air for discussion at the moment. Thank you so much for your input so far!

Back