Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
To get a quick overview of what FFF members are saying about FFXV, here's our own user rating poll that can be viewed and accessed on our home page.

From a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the game?

Please post your reviews Let's Review: Final Fantasy XV.

Prefer to create your own official review thread with ratings included? Head on over to our Game Reviews section.

Last edited:
Well since I may be one of the few who did not get overhyped for this game from the word go, mostly due to lacking a ps4 I was not as hurt by the lack of some things as others are or disappointed. So I would give it a solid 8/10 so far still in chapter 12 though. The early half of the game you do get a nice open world and can explore quite a bit if you just don't stick to the roads and the car, nice little places you can see on foot and car. Loads of quests and hunts to do but most of the quests are repeating them selves like broken down cars or giving random person a potion. The other half of the quests are usually go here and slay a monster or fetch an item with some of them even taking you into some of the more challenging dungeons in the game. They do introduce some chars that could of had so much more potential in the story but really don't do anything with them beyond their brief cameos, and other characters which were seen to have even more potential that were defined as a core part of the story felt under utilized. Overall the story seems ok nothing grand since some of it is to reliant on cut scenes. The biggest flaws for me are come chapter 9 when so much more of it seems rushed as the chapters get incredibly short and feels like somethings were cut. The next biggest issue comes to combat with the camera as it likes to let it self be blocked by the environment this game built, so when it comes to some things like dodging finding someone to attack it becomes a chore. The last complaint though more of a personal taste is the utter lack of magic, until a key point in the game when you finally gain an extra 2-3 spells you are limited to your basic fire, thunder, and blizzard spells and their ga and aga teirs which you still have to craft with items.

So there you have it for my taste the side content and just how much you can do makes up for some of this rushed story just for the sheer amount there is and what you can get lost in. Combat still leaves a little to be desired from but otherwise can be overlooked.

ok misvoted on the pool as my laptop acted up, by your ratings there my vote would be a 6 using the terms you provided.

As one of those people who has waited a decade for this thing, and after watching a video regarding story elements that had to be cut/rewritten to meet a deadline, my disappointment in this game has reached a breaking point. From a purely mechanical view, it's slightly above average. But the story/narrative that doesn't even qualify as a skeleton (it's barely bone marrow) brings my rating down to a 4/10. It's a below average RPG with an abysmal and unfinished story.

For those interested in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSCT7sXRiQg
As with everything, take it with a grain of salt, but it does make a lot of sense.

Back