[GFX] What would you like to see in a Resource Pack?

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
What's a resource pack? A resource pack is a small / medium or large pack that contains renders (cut out images), selected stock images (full images), fonts, C4D effects, fractals, vectors, you name it. It's a pack put together by images you either find on the web or have created yourself. Surely you've seen them around on the web.

Either way, I think incorporating some resource packs might prove handy for SOTW starting back up in January. Instead of having to look for everything yourself, it might be nice to be able to download stuff from the resource packs?

With that said, my question to you guys is.... What would you like to see in these packs?

Let me know please. :D Discussion in this thread is welcome.

I stumbled upon a few resource packs while I was trying to teach myself how to use photoshop but they were kinda gross. A lot of images I got just didn't look good at all. Probably user error but I'd rather blame the resources themselves okay

Not sure how to use C4D effects (don't even know what that stands for, haha), but I guess stuff like vectors would be cool to see? Honestly I'd be happy to see anything. At the very least it would get me experimenting a little more and hopefully learning a thing or two xD

I haven't used a resource pack in ages but I remember liking the ones that had a lot of variety to them. C4Ds are fine but I think other effects end up looking better in a finished project. I've always found that they look kind of cheesy no matter where they are used haha. Light rays, fractals, vectors, high quality renders. A lot of renders are poorly cut out so I'd do a once over on all of them you want to put into a pack before putting it out there as some designers might not have the skills necessary to make a good clean cut. Some solid brushes might not be a bad idea as when I first got started a lot of packs had some shit brushes that I ended up using religiously until I actually found some good ones myself.

Maybe make the resource packs themed, have a Final Fantasy one with renders of various characters, some effects that kind of fit the theme of it all. Include some Final Fantasy fonts and some that would look like it belonged to the series. Could have like a music pack with notes, renders of popular artists, etc. Movie pack, pop culture pack, etc. etc. Just throwing ideas out there to get our heads running but as long as everything is high quality with a good variety of different things it should be good to go.

Back