A Good Send-Off for Auron

Does Auron deserve a good send-off?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, not in a century

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Auron was already sent at the end of FFX so I am not sure what you are actually asking in this thread. :hmm:

B-but I'm not going anywhere :sad3:

Auron had a good run alright. I really loved his character (obviously) and yet his 'death' never made me feel sad exactly because it just felt right. He did his duty and lots of overtime. The guy earned a rest.

Auron had a good run alright. I really loved his character (obviously) and yet his 'death' never made me feel sad exactly because it just felt right. He did his duty and lots of overtime. The guy earned a rest.

Oh, you were who I thought this was talking about; I was confused.

I can't remember whether I felt sad or not... I guess the player had time to prepare for Auron's sending? Technically he had been dead for the entire game and had managed to cling on to life. Somehow he'd kept the pyreflies of his soul within his corpse, making him a conscious zombie of sorts.

His sending wasn't as sad as a true 'death' scene as we knew it would inevitably happen, and his soul needed to go to rest. Popular culture and real world reports of ghosts lead us to believe that ghosts exist because they are restless and have unfinished business, but that once said business is done they will finally leave this realm and sleep. With this is mind I guess the player is distracted from mourning for Auron's fate by thoughts of Auron's soul taking a comfortable nap in the Farplane.

Definitely feel he deserves a respectful send off to the Farplane. After the swrvice and strength auron out in on almost 2 full pilgrimages spanning a millennium if you break it down in dream time. He may have been an adventurous young buck on his first go around, but he became by far the most wisdom filled and experienced Guardian/fighter Spira has seen.

Back