Squall Leonhart
Serah Farron
FFXIV
Nevyn Kreiss
FFXIV Server
Ragnarok
Free Company
Haven
Thought we might as well create a general discussion thread!

feel free to post all of your opinions and thoughts about the game so far in here :)

I love this game! I certainly recommended it to any big fans of the series. You can get over the cutsie-ness of it pretty quickly and while it appeared a bit of a slow slog at first you can speed through battles and dialog by holding R1. Try out the demo if you haven't already!

I like the game solely for the Terra and Cloud scene, but the gameplay seems strange. It's a cute game, funny moments, but after watching a playthrough, can't say I'd play it at all.

I for one enjoy the game a lot, it has a nice whimsical charm to it. Though it does have the bit of pokemon feel to it with needing to catch the mirages, it's surprisingly easy to get through the game with some of the beginning ones you get. That's largely due to the skill seeds you can get and the mirajewel system that you can give yourself some missing abilities. The battle system is close resemblance to FFX's so it more then easy enough to pick up on. Then with all the little references to all the other previous games it can bring a good laugh and as well fill you with nostalgia. Though since this game banks on that nostalgia factor by assuming you've played previous games some may go unnoticed. Just two examples are the first town you visit Cornerlia, which is the first town in the very first FF game and then down the road they even poke fun of that Tidus laugh scene that makes so many people cringe.

I just beat it and I really enjoyed it :) it was just so much fun. I just wish you could toggle the ''speed up'' thingy on and off, its annoying holding it down for every single battle.

i loved the music and all the towns and all the little references, it was all just one great big fluffy nostalgia kick for me, and now I want to go replay everything. I loved Nibelheims design from the outside, the scenes with Yuna and Tidus were so cute as well D: The blitzball mini game though, not so cute

I'm glad I've completed it just intime for XV as well, as I am back on nights tomorrow night for four nights. Woohoo v_v

I recently had some spare time from new releases and played through World of FF... And it was a hell of a lot better than expected!

I was initially put of by the Chibby presentation, even more so that they would transfer into Kingdom Hearts looking characters - Jiants. While this was explained and motivated well within the games narative it still just seemed jarring - I fond myself keeping the characters in Chibby form even in battle to match the World.

I will say I found the Monster system to be quite problematic, I found myself catching a new monster and wanting to use it - but it would start at level 1, while it would Level Up much quicker from later game EXP, they would still never keep to the pace of my current ones I had, so sadly I found I rarely was motivated to swap out for newer/cooler monsters.

The combat itself was very satisfying though, I found myself fast forwarding a lot but it felt natural doing so, I never left it ot auto command but the pace felt good when I would hodl the fast forward button while waiting for my next go. I enjoyed using the wide range of attcks my monsters would give and the Stacking system gave for some diversity in tactics - Like unstacking and having more goes in short succession to use Item spells. I will say I could never get to grips with the XL monsters you'd summon, I found that as soon as I summoned them they'd be attacked and dead :P

But what also impressed me with the game was the story, I won't go into spoilers but I really liked how later game explains the origins of the characters you play as and the ramifications of their actions. I wasn't expecting the game itself to have a strong story, but it really can stand on its own feet - it really is like KH in the sense that it has FF characters and FF worlds (instead of Disney), but has an overarching story which progresses nicely. the game does also have alot of charm with each FF encounter, but I also found the dialogue between Ryenn & Lann to be genuinely funny.

i will say that the game did loose pace later on, before the end the game makes you do 5-set Side Missions which through me off a little - It didn't help they had a considerable difficulty spike either. But I had a blast with this game and highly recommend it!

Last edited:
I really love this game too.
It was far from perfect and I've found it difficult to level monsters or to catch other monsters later in the game when my own party became too powerful to weaken (rather than kill) monsters to catch.

But I found the script to be very entertaining. Filled with puns and lots of nods to past FF games.

The game has the appearance of a silly kids game but it has a surprising amount of depth. The way they merged various FF concepts together blew my mind and kept my attention.

But I still have not completed it. I'm near the end of the game but it forces you to fiddle around after a fake ending before letting you continue with the story. I need to figure out what I am missing before progressing!

Back