Did anyone try revive any of these characters?

Guernsey

Final Fantasy Nut
Gil
While understand the artistic intent of these characters dying, has anyone ever tried to revive these characters in their respective playthorughs of their games (For example Tellah, Aerith, Leo, etc.)?

I can't say I have. To be fair, I never walked into any of the FF games pre-FFX-2 blind, so I was fully aware that those listed characters were permanently written off. :hmmm:

In Tellah's case, though I never tried to revive him, given that nearly everyone in FFIV is so hilariously eager to fake-death their way out of situations to save everyone else in the party, I was genuinely half-expecting the old codger to randomly show up near the end, alive and well.

Aeris, yes. And pretty much only her. Since it was my first FF, my first heavily story driven game, and I was still a sparkly-eyed young'un, I didn't believe anything like that was impossible when playing FFVII. After that, I learned the general boundaries for games like that, and realized very few games that story dependent won't stick to their guns.

I'm trying to think though... there's a game I played that actually did allow for such a thing. But it was like a ridiculous post-game side quest reward I think, and it wasn't the real character, so much as like a robot version of them or something.

I wasn’t aware that any of these characters were able to be brought back to life. Once they died, I thought that was it. I felt remorse and then moved on with the game.

Aerith dying
was a little stinging, but I still felt that it added a good amount to the story and really brought home the seriousness of it all.

Back