A faster way to get AP for magic?

Guernsey

Final Fantasy Nut
Gil
What is a faster way to obtain magic/ AP points to to learn all the spells in FFVI?

I know there is an exploit on triangle island when you reach the point you have an airship in WOB. There's youtube videos on how to do it but it is technically a glitch I guess. Albeit a frequently abused glitch. It involves using an item while using a spell simultaneously against an invisible enemy. It's super easy and gives you 10 AP

Once you figure out the trick to beating Cactuars easily, grinding AP is a piece of cake. I found out pretty quickly that summons completely ignore magic evasion, at least for them. What you need to do is have a party where everyone has a summon that deals damage, and one of them needs to be Strago. Use the summons to beat the Cactuar and Strago should learn 1000 Needles if the enemy used it. The thing is, 1000 Needles will also always hit it. So as long as Strago is in the party, it's easy to beat Cactuars and get the 10 AP yield from them. Once you beat the first one and Strago learns it, you can equip everyone with whatever Magicite you want them to learn from.

Back