[SPOILERS] Aranea Highwind Boss Fight

The camera looks like the most infuriating part of that boss encounter.

But otherwise, it looks...rather interesting. It's the sort of boss design that if done properly I can see myself enjoying thoroughly, because it's more about smartly utilising the environment around you rather than just running around and hoping for a good window opportunity to mash the attack button for combos constantly. That's something I feel that Kingdom Hearts 2 for instance has lacked.

Friendly fire is an interesting idea particularly given they're pushing a realism angle, but I've only ever encountered such a mechanic in strategy RPGs where party members' positioning would be wholly up to the player. Unless there's an effective way to filter the AI behaviour of the other three bros here (and I've missed said feature), I can just see it being irritating as heck when they decide to stroll right into your inferno like a gormless muffin.

The camera looks like the most infuriating part of that boss encounter.
This was the most infuriating part of the battle. The fact that she can constantly jump and be all over the battlefield didn't help whatsoever. Haha.

Aside from that, it was a battle I wasn't at all expecting at that point in time progress-wise, so the challenge was nice.

Back