Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Good Morning Final Fantasy Community,

We have recently discovered we've had some issues in people not being able to receive emails from the site. We are at work identifying which email providers are at risk from not receiving emails at this time. In the upcoming weeks, we are reaching out to these providers in regards to these issues. During this time, we have verified only one that has this issue, but please let us know if you have experienced anything similar and we will give it a test as well. Please know by not receiving emails, you are at risk of not receiving site updates / user verification / and New Member Verification (registration process).

Problematic Email Provider(s)

• Hotmail

Verified (working)
  • Gmail
  • Yahoo

For now stay tuned, and we will keep you updated!

- Shu

Again, thank you for looking into this.

If anyone with other email providers is experiencing these same issues or whilst changing email addresses for example, please do not hesitate to contact us.

How's this looking admins?

I've been trying to contact Fil the past few weeks now, and even dropped him a message regarding this over a week ago. Tried to catch him earlier this week as well, but I have not heard back from him so as of right now, we're guessing the issue remains.

Update from Fil: Hotmail was blocking emails and they said they would review and unblock it. So if they haven't fixed it for some reason, there's nothing more Fil can do since ultimately it's their decision.

We'll be doing a test soon. Shu

Tested with Hotmail User. I received the confirmation email, but it went straight to my Junk folder. Not much we can do from here. So it seems to work now - at the least link is being sent; just gotta make sure to mark this as 'not spam' in the future. However, I sent a message to the account as well and even PMs are going straight to Junk Email folder even when I've marked it as not spam. It could be an isolated issue and it might work for others, I really don't know, but adding FFF as a contact did the trick for me.

Tested with Hotmail User. I received the confirmation email, but it went straight to my Junk folder. Not much we can do from here. So it seems to work now - at the least link is being sent; just gotta make sure to mark this as 'not spam' in the future. However, I sent a message to the account as well and even PMs are going straight to Junk Email folder even when I've marked it as not spam. It could be an isolated issue and it might work for others, I really don't know, but perhaps adding FFF as a contact might do the trick.

Maybe we can update the FAQ or Site Rules/Contact to have this included. So people are aware/know what to do.

Spam folder is always better than not receiving anything. =]

Back