What's the most you can go without your smart phone?

Shu

Spiral out, Keep going..
Veteran
Gil
Bomb
Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
So here's a general question to you Yuppies, how long do you think you can go without your cell phone?

I probably couldn't make it beyond a day due to current circumstances, but ... hmm I think 2 days in any other. It really depends how much is going on and how much of a need it is.

If you have a smart phone, you probably aren't using it for just texting and calling people. You bought it out of boredom and convenience.

I could probably go months. I've done travelling for significant periods and barely missed it at all. I mean I love playing FFRK and checking the news and stuff but I could do without it for sure.

You can confiscate my (aged) smartphone now and replace it with one of those non-smartphone flip phones from 2008 without it doing much to affect my daily life.

I'm nearly always at a wi-fi spot with a machine capable of work and web browsing lugged around with me, so I'm generally very easy to reach and my Mac does everything I need.

So I look at iPhone 7 contracts these days for like £50 a month and I feel like weeping at the thought of spending that much money on an admittedly beautiful gadget that...well, I could very easily do without. But hey, we'll see how my professional life develops. Maybe there will come a day when a smartphone to me becomes as integral as the internet!

I may use it for playing some mobile games now inbetween my wait time for classes, but other then that I use it for keeping in touch with my friends. So I could get rid of it for a non smart phone since I also have my laptop and psp to keep me busy and such.

I also just use mine most if I'm hooked on a game. When I was playing through FF9...those were dark times. Otherwise, I use my phone for texts and skype and not all that much more. I barely text that much either :lew:.

I could remove my phone from my life and only miss it for the sake of something being missing that I always carried around :s.

I can go without it just fine, but do I really want to? Not really. As mentioned, it's purely out of convenience, even with texting. I don't have to jump online and be at home to talk to friends and families overseas. I also use my smartphone when I'm in class, viewing PPT notes via my google drive during lecture. I'd much rather use that than bust out my gigantic laptop.

Not to mention, I love taking photos of my kids and random stuff wherever we go. No need to bring a separate camera unless I'm out of space (which I currently am atm).

I could smash it right now n feel so much happier. I dont rely on it as much as ppl think I do plus I've actually never played any games on it. I've never been interested in playing games on mobile phones. Sometimes I purposely forget to bring my phone with me bc I dont want to be bothered. Or I put it on aeroplane mode. The only reasons I'd miss it is to msg/call my friends, to take cute videos of my bby (dog) n MUSIC. Otherwise I get no enjoyment out of my phone even with my instagram, snapchat etc. I could easily do without all that crap.

Pretty much echoing everyone else where when I say that it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I almost always have something else handy that can do the same things better. My smartphone is so old that everything on it constantly crashes because the OS isn't terribly compatible with anything anymore. So other than texting, reading e-mails (not replying to them) and basic informational internet searches, I don't really use it for anything. In fact, I had to go a month without it (and the internet) near the end of 2014; after the panic attacks subsided from the lack of internet (lol) it was kind of great. Spent all of my free time playing Ni No Kuni, rather than worrying about keeping up with anything.

Honestly, the biggest thing I'd miss would be the ability to look something up at any time.

Funny how everyone talks about using it as a gaming device... I use it as a phone! I know this is a crazy thing to think about...using it as a phone... and it has all my contact information, so I will be honest, wouldn't last more than a day or two...depending on who I need to contact and stuff. School purposes it helps a lot too when I am not by my laptop and get emails from my school. I will be honest I am one of those that rely a lot on technology now... but I don't really game on it, I have solitaire on it...but that is it... I try a game now and then but delete it after almost a week cause...ugh...

I dropped mine 2 weeks ago and It smashed into a million bits =_= been using a Nokia from like 2001 since ( snake 2 is still amazing ) usually I'd get a replacement but I ain't paid my contract bill in about 4 months and I ain't willing to pay that to get a new phone when I could pick up a pay as you go one for cheaper. Using an old phone however is painful. I won't reply to texts cuz sending messages is such a massive effort these days. Il pick up another before Christmas after I work on paying off debts. So the answer to the question is 'ages'

I went 2 days once and it drove me nuts but I had to wait til I had money for a new phone. When we had that big storm this summer and the power was out for 3 or 4 days, I actually borrowed one of those mega portable chargers from a friend who had power to keep my phone working but really couldn't use it like I normally did. I keep everything on it but I don't play games. They take up too much room. I have all my appointments and a ton of notes on the thing and I have this thing about silence - I don't like it, so if I'm moving around the house I have my cordless earphones and my music playing off my phone constantly. I'd play it out loud but speakers have been broke for so long that I don't even remember where I put them. Anyways, using the phone means I can go anywhere, store, yard, friends house and still have my music or audio book with me. I gave up on just plain mp3 players, screen's too small and I refuse to buy I-anything thanks to my overwhelming hatred of i-Tunes which is what's on the I-phones and pads. so, the 2 things that drives me crazy when I don't have a working or charged one is my phone and my headset. (Actually, I'm listening to music on my phone as I type this.:griin:)

Back