TGS '16: Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary announced

itadaki05oae.jpg

Another new announcement from Square Enix, only this time it's an anniversary party game. At the Sony PlayStation Press Conference at this year's Tokyo Game Show, the company has come out with Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary, melding two of their biggest franchises together in a game that will involve a lot of dice.

It's due out in 2017 in Japan for both the PS4 and the PSVita.

The Itadaki Street games are an unknown over here in the west. The party game franchise has only ever seen one entry make it to the west thanks to Nintendo (Fortune Street for the Wii in 2012). It remains to be seen whether this newest entry will find an audience beyond its native Japanese shores.

Nova Crystallis

Linnaete

Linnaete

Linnaete said:
It's due out in 2017 in Japan for both the PS4 and the PSVita.

My God, for PS Vita, too! I'm so glad that Japanese game developers still make games for PS Vita, not just PS4. God bless you, Japan. ˇˇ

I'm so glad that Japanese game developers still make games for PS Vita

It's no wonder they do when the Vita is outselling the PS4 in some periods. Japan still likes a good home console, but they love their portables. It's more practical for one thing, but they also like the statement they make--that's why they're produced in so many different colors and themes--and the social aspect of features like StreetPass on the 3DS and Near on the Vita. Combine that with popular brands like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy and you'd be insane not to release portable games.

Back