TGS '16: New trailer and release date for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue

CsOXgh2VYAARGhU.jpg

The confusingly-named Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue has also popped up at this year's Tokyo Game Show event with a trailer and release date.

Though the E3 trailer promised a worldwide December release, the game has been pushed back to January, with Japan being first to see it on 12 January while the rest of the world will have to wait it out until the 24th.

What's in the package?

• Kingdom Hearts HD: Dream Drop Distance - essentially an extensive remaster of the 3DS game for PS4, with visuals and controls revamped and at 60fps.
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage - an interval chapter that chronologically takes place after the secret ending of the original Birth by Sleep game. It is said to be the length of a Kingdom Hearts 3 world and will feature Aqua's journey through the Realm of Darkness.
  • Kingdom Hearts X (chi): Back Cover - a film rendered on Unreal Engine 4 that tells the story of the Foretellers during the events of the mobile game.

Nova Crystallis

Linnaete

Linnaete

Kinda baffled that there's still no xbox version of these.. nothing on this collection was originally a PS exclusive.. though I'm still looking forward to it I really hate Simple and Clean and I hope its just for the trailer. I though that was long lost to the original game and didn't need to be brought back.

This Kingdom Hearts series seems to be so much fun!*___* I've heard about it a lot (basically just how fantastic it is and that everybody loves it xD), but this is the first trailer I watched about it. But I think I will research more about it, this trailer really made me feel like knowing more about it and trying it!:D

This Kingdom Hearts series seems to be so much fun!*___* I've heard about it a lot (basically just how fantastic it is and that everybody loves it xD), but this is the first trailer I watched about it. But I think I will research more about it, this trailer really made me feel like knowing more about it and trying it!:D

I'd say your going to be almost completely lost if you don't play the first game first.. though Birth By Sleep is a prequel and works as a good entry into the franchise.. pick up the 1.5HD collection if you can.. hopefully it'll make its way onto other consoles eventually

Thank you for your help!:D Of course I don't plan to play this game first, I would like to play them in order to understand the whole story. :D

Kinda baffled that there's still no xbox version of these.. nothing on this collection was originally a PS exclusive.. though I'm still looking forward to it I really hate Simple and Clean and I hope its just for the trailer. I though that was long lost to the original game and didn't need to be brought back.

I agree, it is a strange decision. I remember SE mentioning that there are not ruling out the possibility of the collection being available on Xbox but I feel it's all very late, unless they plan on releasing PS4 versions for 1.5 and 2.5 and then release the entire collection on Xbox One in parallel who knows.

It's probably because they've taken one look at the Japanese Xbox One market (as well as in Europe where Kingdom Hearts games perform pretty much nearly on par with all of North America) and decided it wouldn't be very viable to support a platform that is so behind. Perhaps they think that fans of the series would have migrated to PS4 by now anyway.

The best guess I can make as to why they originally bothered with a concurrent Xbox One version for Kingdom Hearts 3 is that back in 2013 no one was really sure what the trajectory of this generation would look like. The lack of Xbox love from Square Enix since is just emblematic of how little demand there is for the series to be on that platform.

I'd certainly not be surpeirsed it coming up in the nere future we had the announcement of a Kingdom Hearts -1 - 2.7 collection which contained everything before the 2.8 Prologue coming soon for both PS4 and Xbox One.. and hopefully and Xbox One version of 2.8 as well.. I doubt many people have fallen in line with my but I've certainly shifted over to the XBOne over the past year and I'm finding the lack of support in KH quite a worry.. I'm hoping the 2 big companies eventually become level pegging so that stuff like like will keep muktiplatform

Back