Bomb
Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
You know exactly what I mean. Do you think the gap between understanding is becoming too much for the nation of the US of A?

If a man states exactly what he means, he will be judged. The question is do we know the difference between hatred and misunderstanding? Do we know how to heal this humanity that we are so blindly destroying? One love, do we question what this means still?

Honestly I could put it all in musical relevance to everyone, but I want to hear your opinion. Do you think the nation will be pulled apart due to racial and political divide? It's in my heaviest of hearts, be real.

Imo, there is no healing to humanity in general. It's been historical proven that many that obtain enough power will do everything they can to maintain it, so that way every one else has to fight over crumbs. I am not proposing an "equal" system on the premise that some people work harder than others. However, redistribution also isn't going to happen due to greed. Peace ultimately is an illusion. When resources become scarce, you'll see how people really are. The United States is only interested in generating more problems, instead of seriously addressing the current ones. Discriminating and political problems will never go away in the US simply due to too many people having a superiority complex. Greed has always existed within the country, it just has simply taken on different forms throughout time. A lot of people all of the time say one thing, but live by the opposite. Trying to understand a different person's perspective has never been a standard, nor will it ever be in the US. Because if I was truly wrong, then some of the issues that still exist as mountains would be molehills at best by now. It is easy to hate first, and ask questions never. It is easy to neglect the struggles of another simply because the next person doesn't have to deal with it themselves. Even in the event a person finds a bubble of peace, it does not match the reality that surrounds that said bubble. The worst has yet to come. Rather you end up being alive to experience it, is something I can't say. The divide and conquer line has more truth in it than I thought.

Do you think the nation will be pulled apart due to racial and political divide? It's in my heaviest of hearts, be real.

No and no.

Of course America has racial tensions, as do all countries because people are pretty shitty. However, most of the time people manage not to be massive cunts to each other. Think of the progressive you guys have made. 100 years ago when you white Americans murdered black Americans you did it because you were overtly racist. You and Bubba would go out in your pickup truck, find an African-American man, tie him to a tree and brutalise him before eventually killing him. Congressmen and Senators would come along too and were happy to be photographed there.
100 years before that you were committing genocide against the indigenous population. Giving them Smallpox infected blankets, murdering them wholesale etc etc.
Whereas now you have a black president, a black first lady, and black first children (do you call them first children), and may be about to elect your first orange president. Obama is, depending on your political leanings, the best president since maybe FDR. Or, alternatively, the literal muslim anti-christ responsible for everything negative, including the current state of race relations.
I think if you, particularly the police, stopped shooting black people then things would calm down. Whilst attitudes towards race in America aren't great, they're hardly threatening to pull the country apart.
Will racism ever go away? No, and I also think there are systems and a political party in place that makes things worse in America than most of the rest of the world. But I suppose there's always hope that white people will learn not to hate other people.

As to being pulled apart by political tensions; no.
There's no left to speak of in America so nothing to worry about there.
As to the right, my understanding as an outsider is that the batshit insane right-wing faction of the GOP is a minority. That the rest of the Republicans, though still wrong because they disagree with me, are deep down (realistically, very very very very deep down) sensible enough people who won't vote for Trump. Although worringly, two other people who did well in the primaries were Ted Cruz ultra right-wing nutjob who sees Mussolini and Trump and pinko pussies, and pyramid truther Ben Carson. Though the latter should be credited for managing to perform surgery on himself.
Though would it be the worst thing in the world if America split into two countries. The Democrats could live on the Coasts and the Republicans the South and Mid-West. Everyone's happy.

Do you think the nation will be pulled apart due to racial and political divide?

The rise of social media in the last decade has really changed political discourse in an interesting way. People are finding it easier and easier to coalesce into like-minded groups who are, in turn, working themselves into a lather. I'm not a fan of how "echo chamber" has become a kind of buzzword like "snowflake" and "SJW" but I think the term works for this situation. Everyone seems louder because everyone is louder, e.g. Twitter.

I'm not confident yet that the nation will "tear itself apart". I'm not even sure what that would look like on a practical level. Partisanship is high but that's not exactly new for our political system. There's just a lot more finger-pointing and less listening to those who disagree with your views on political matters.

Back