Reviews Final Fantasy XIII Series Analysis

Ryatta

ShinRa Guard
Gil
For anyone who read my introductory thread in the forums this is the video series I turned my dissertation on FFXIII into, I hope you find it interesting. Though the first video looks old now buy quality standards by the Lightning Returns on I've got a more refined style for doing these sorts of videos..

oh its a very long series all together with about a hour covering each of the 3 games
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKYruw88aoL_bzLio1VDT9UqZOEsb4szU

I hope you find it interesting if you give it a watch
:)

Ryatta

I also would recommend these videos, having watched all of them already (and having watched the first two multiple times, since they've been out for a while). Informative, thorough, and entertaining.

I also would recommend these videos, having watched all of them already (and having watched the first two multiple times, since they've been out for a while). Informative, thorough, and entertaining.

I apologies for waiting un-necessary hours of your life :P Though I aim to again.. I'm planning to record the KH2 one soon. just can't decide to to keep the same structure (intro>development>plot>gameplay> etc) or work through the commenting on things as you'd see though natural play (though I feel like that would be better suited to a game commentary.. which I'd like to do but with a shorter game maybe)

I apologies for waiting un-necessary hours of your life :P Though I aim to again.. I'm planning to record the KH2 one soon. just can't decide to to keep the same structure (intro>development>plot>gameplay> etc) or work through the commenting on things as you'd see though natural play (though I feel like that would be better suited to a game commentary.. which I'd like to do but with a shorter game maybe)

Wouldn't have watched them if I felt any of it was wasted time, lol. There's so much shallow gaming content on YouTube (not that it being shallow is a bad thing), that I just enjoy finding things that are more analytical and in-depth. Your stuff is exactly that.

Also, I'm excited for the KH2 one, since I recently fell back in love with that game (well, at least the gameplay anyway), and want more ways to think about it and reflect on it. As for the format, I'd say your normal structure will probably work better for such a game. You shoot through information really fast in your videos (probably one of my only "complaints", because it can be hard to keep up sometimes), and with a game so packed with things to talk about like Kingdom Hearts 2, a more 'play-by-play' commentary style might end up a bit confusing.

I'm working on the speed.. with my more recent ones on Devil May Cry I've tried slowing it down a bit and I'm applying the same to regular videos as well so I'll see how that goes

I'm working on the speed.. with my more recent ones on Devil May Cry I've tried slowing it down a bit and I'm applying the same to regular videos as well so I'll see how that goes

Yeah, I did notice that in your DMC series. And I understand the difficulty of it; speak too quickly and the information can pass viewers by. Speak just a consistent 'beat' slower, and suddenly a 30 minute video is 8 minutes longer, lol. It's definitely a complex balance. I personally try to get around it by being a bit more expressive (than I used to be) in how I commentate. I've realized it creates a flow that allows my commentary to be smoother overall, while not making the video huge amounts longer. Viewers can better see where my speech will speed up or slow down based on where my vocal expression is heading, and can mentally prepare/compensate. It's similar to how simply being quieter can make people listen harder. That's just the solution I use.

Apologies. I suppose this isn't terribly on topic, lol.

Back