Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
gcev2gw2zpqr.jpg

Ah, who will be the chosen talents selected by Square Enix to give audio life to the characters we will be journeying with for the entirety of Final Fantasy XV? Square Enix answers this question with a newly released official video that gives us a peek at the men and women who will be lending their voicework for the upcoming game.

• Ray Chase (Xenoblade Chronicles X, Killer Instinct) as Noctis
  • Adam Croasdell (Shadow of Mordor, Reign, NCIS, Once Upon a Time) as Ignis
  • Robbie Daymond (Sailor Moon, TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan) as Prompto
  • Chris Parson (Overwatch, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, Rango) as Gladio
  • Jim Pirri (Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst, The Penguins of Madagascar) as Regis
  • Amy Shiels (Twin Peaks remake, Call of Duty: Black Ops) as Luna
  • Matt Mercer (Overwatch, Resident Evil, Fallout 4) as Cor
  • Darin De Paul (Overwatch, Doom, Star Wars: The Old Republic) as Ardyn
  • Kari Wahlgren (Rick and Morty, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness) as Aranea

Nova Crystallis

Now that I see the passion in the voices, I'm pretty excited to play the game in English! Luna's voice actress is Irish so that's good enough to really feel her character as she does get voiced by Lena in Kingslaive. I feel like now there will be a connection between both as if she was going to be voiced by an American in this game after the movie having a British voice actress, I feel it would have ruined her character. Obviously, by my username I'm most excited about her role and she did just blast Leviathan there upon suffering wounds, therefore I say damsel my arse! I like that it isn't everyday voice actors here that we are hearing except perhaps Mathew Mercer who is everywhere, xD.

Solid cast IMO. I was leaning towards playing this one in Japanese until now, but all the actors seem really excited about their roles and the voices are well-matched to the characters on the whole. That to me suggests that this will not only be a great storytelling experience, but worth playing in English. You can tell a lot about a production by its voice actors--if they're putting this kind of energy behind it, it's for a reason. The subject material is going to be pretty engaging, I'd wager.

The one thing that stuck out to me from that video is nothing to do with the voice acting, but rather the visual downgrades that we're witnessing on screen.

Just take the above screenshot with Luna (who hilariously looks like she's attempting to steer a gondola). Now, her character model is perfectly fine. The trident looks sublime with its details. But the city behind her looks so disappointingly flat that it resembles a cardboard background used in a theatre production.

It's like this game's engine is designed to be at its maximum potential when there's powerful hardware involved - so to try and fit this on a console without adversely sacrificing performance it's like they had to take a severe swing at aspects of lighting and general IQ. It's so weird how this game looks so inconsistent and uneven. Pray be that these extra two months are used very judiciously.

The one thing that stuck out to me from that video is nothing to do with the voice acting, but rather the visual downgrades that we're witnessing on screen.

Just take the above screenshot with Luna (who hilariously looks like she's attempting to steer a gondola). Now, her character model is perfectly fine. The trident looks sublime with its details. But the city behind her looks so disappointingly flat that it resembles a cardboard background used in a theatre production.

It's like this game's engine is designed to be at its maximum potential when there's powerful hardware involved - so to try and fit this on a console without adversely sacrificing performance it's like they had to take a severe swing at aspects of lighting and general IQ. It's so weird how this game looks so inconsistent and uneven. Pray be that these extra two months are used very judiciously.

While I do agree with you that there are visual downgrades, I can't really tell you if that's right. FFXV in this video looks like it has no downgrade

Also, fun fact for anyone that didn't know but Aranea is actually voiced by the same VA that voiced Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca in FF XII.

Well, that doesn't have a downgrade because it's at a gaming convention... they're known to use more powerful machines to play their games on. ps4 probably can't take it like whatever they used there.

Well, that doesn't have a downgrade because it's at a gaming convention... they're known to use more powerful machines to play their games on. ps4 probably can't take it like whatever they used there.

That's ps4 footage from what I can tell!

While I do agree with you that there are visual downgrades, I can't really tell you if that's right. FFXV in this video looks like it has no downgrade

Offscreen footage of course is going to "look" better than a direct feed screen or video.

Until evidence points out otherwise, I will blame the engine here. Luminous will produce amazing visuals if there is a high-end PC. But engines by design should also be scalable across a variety of hardware, especially if you're making a game for consoles and (presumably later) for PCs too. The fact that from the direct feed it looks like they have had to severely gut aspects of lighting, IQ and reduce assets to muddy PS2-like textures and vegetation clumps just tells me that Luminous has been poorly optimised. And that's on SE.

Back