Serious need to let out my feelings...

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
Sorry for this kind of thread, but I need to let out my feelings before I break down again.. I found out at work (an hour ago now) that one of my old best friends from my childhood just passed away. Finding out at work sucked I just had to walk out..and it is like midnight here so there is no one really to talk to so I am making this thread to keep myself from another breakdown of tears... This guy was my first best friend, we were friends for many years, we slowly drifted apart after middle school and high school, but that was mostly because he was a free spirit guy...he would make a couple hundred dollars and just go out and travel around the US...but whenever he came back home, we would at least get together for a bit. He was a great person. We got into Final Fantasy games together, beat them together up until after X. We got into pokemon together, card collecting, and even pretended to catch them in real life... Also played Suikoden and Monster Rancher and lots of other games together...We watched anime and so on... We hung out all the time, stayed at eachothers houses and played ghost in the graveyard with his brother and my cousins... capture the flag, football...Winter we had snowball fights... he was a great part of my childhood... it is hard because no one knows how he died... he was found in Birmingham on the street...all I know.. and finding out right at work... it was tough... so shocking...

again sorry for this type of thread, just needed to get my feelings out before I had another breakdown....which I'm sure I'll have again...

Please do not apologise for making a thread.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

It's upsetting seeing you're so distraught as you're always such a happy go lucky guy, but remember that it's alright to let these feelings out too.

You two were definitely lucky to have such a great bond. You don't find that in many places anymore. Cherish those memories.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss, Shace. Please take it easy and take your time.

Saw this thread a few hours ago, but I didn't respond right away because I wasn't sure what I could say. And in the end I guess it just comes down to the fact that there's really nothing I can say. I know we don't really know each other, but I really hate to see anyone have to deal with loss such as this. Words can't describe the feeling, nor can the words of others alleviate the pain.

I suppose the best I can say is that I empathize, and while we're largely strangers, I'll still be here if you just need someone to listen. Nobody should ever have to be alone in times like this.

I'm sorry for your loss, Shace.

This is never easy, and learning at work must have been particularly difficult as you're not in an environment to privately digest the news and deal with things emotionally there. I understand. I had to break the news of the death of my closest friend to another close friend while he was at work, and it was awful seeing him try and fail to process it in front of customers and his colleagues. But there seemed at the time no other way to break the news.

The shock that you'll be going through may knock you back a lot, but in time although sadness may remain the blow will lessen and it'll be easier to look back and appreciate the memories.

Also, it is completely okay to let out your emotions at this time.

If you need a chat or anything you know where I am.

Shace,

Do not feel the need to have your feelings validated about this matter. We've all hopefully had a friend like that and can empathize. I personally have never lost a good child hood friend but can only imagine all the memories it would instantly trigger.

Feel man, it makes you human. I imagine you are off work now, but please reach out if you need anything. Also if you know his family, I'd say send them a letter expressing your condolences.

Trust me, although I haven't lost a friend like that, I do know loss in other light. Thanks for reaching out to us.

Agreed with the others, don't apologize for this thread at all. It's excruciatingly lonely to hit something as devastating as this and not have anyone to really turn to. I'm glad you felt you could bring it to us, in fact. There's not much we can say or do to make anything better, but we're here, we'll listen, and we'll understand--many of us from similar personal experience. I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. Eventually life will move on again--remember that, but don't try to make it happen too soon either. Give yourself some time. And while I hope you can find someone in-person to talk to, we'll be here as long as you need.

Shit man sorry to hear this happened, then more so for you to learn about it at work where it may be hard to grieve in the way you want. Like others who have posted I haven't experienced the loss of a close friend like you have, but did experience loss before of close family so I know it's hard to find the right words and all I can say is if you ever need to talk man, well we're here for you. Also don't feel the need to be sorry to talk about this, what good are other people you may consider friends here if we don't offer to listen when you need it most man.

Thank you all for your support. It really means a lot. Thank you all again...

Back