Dissidia Final Fantasy

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
This is regarding the currently Japanese-only arcade game. It was developed by Team Ninja; I think SE might've had a hand in the development, too? I dunno.

Hopefully a PS4 version will be coming. I'm definitely all for this.

Here are some gameplay videos:

Considering the arcade machine is literally a customized PS4 I'd say a home release at some point is likely (fingers crossed!). And I really hope it is too, it just looks so good and the introduction of 3v3 sounds really interesting. What with everything else FF-related releasing this year SE is probably saving it for the opportune moment...or there's some arcade exclusivity agreement that has to expire first. Possibly both.

I made a character discussion thread in here somewhere but it wasn't getting much activity so I stopped updating it.

The question is, will there be new characters for the Arcade and for the PlayStation 4 version? It would be a disappointment if the game doesn't get any new character rosters from the Final Fantasy series. Players want to see some new characters with different mechanics and fighting style, as well as to get to see their part of the story.

The question is, will there be new characters for the Arcade and for the PlayStation 4 version? It would be a disappointment if the game doesn't get any new character rosters from the Final Fantasy series. Players want to see some new characters with different mechanics and fighting style, as well as to get to see their part of the story.
Actually, I think there are some new characters. The only one I'm sure of is Ramza from FF Tactics, though.

Maybe there was a FFXIV one in there, too? I think it was a mage-like character.

Hopefully a PS4 version will restore a lot of the removed mechanics and add a story, since the way it is now is really bare bones.

cooscmaukkqdlg2ek2cd.png

Tifa Lockhart has been confirmed to appear in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. She was announced on a special Square Enix livestream a few hours ago. Multiple screenshots were also revealed showcasing the different costumes and weapons she will have, as well a trailer featuring her moves sets. Tifa Lockhart will be added to Dissidia Final Fantasy NT on July 3rd in Japan. A international released date has yet to be announced.

wcgy664yuslxdrd0oe6c.png

pxnxlorwcn90hb3eyfeg.png

gjksrgoc3o2cnvtl7ntw.png

cbyxgmfonr4texgvwyzj.png

https://kotaku.com/tifa-lockhart-is-coming-to-dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-1835833078

Ardyn has been announced as an upcoming playable character in Dissidia NT.

EMZfnoWX0AAjfkW

EMEUtNMXkAEc4E6

EMEUtNVXUAYzKTV

I rather liked Ardyn as a villain and it is nice to see more villain representation in this game.

There will also be some new costumes (a blonde Amano design for Rinoa and Safer Sephiroth).

EMEU95PX0AAaefk

EMEU_WBXsAArV7r

I wonder if Angelo will also get a reskin...

All of these updates are set for January 9th 2020.

I have not played this game for ages! I still haven't tried out Locke or Rinoa yet. I need to play it again and hopefully convince someone else to join me.

Omg, I love "Celes " Rinoa so much. Now I wish that they went with that design.

:sad3:

Ardyn looks like a great addition! His quips when he faces the summons are particularly fun. He was easily one of FFXV's strongest aspects, and it is great to have another villain in Dissidia NT to help restore balance to the game.

I am really tempted to give all of the new characters a go when I next have the time...

Back