PC Steam Summer Sale Hidden Gems?

Raiiyokuu

Guide of Misery
Veteran
Gil
Ah yes,

It's that time again. By the grace of GabeN, we all revel in the 'picnic' that is the Steam Summer Sale. Where nearly 30k games on steam go on sale for 2 weeks. Some more may be added throughout, but with the recent years, they just blast your face with one gigantic sale, and you'll never miss a flash sale ever again.

(Although, one could argue that the Holiday Sale boasts better deals)

Anyway,

I wanted to make a thread, like @Mitsuki was hinting at.

This ones for those Hidden Gems that we should know about! I haven't bought many games as of this moment, but I do have a couple I wanna share about -

Lili: Child of Geos
Current price: $.99

This is a light exploration, gathering RPG. It has a nice, soothing and peaceful environments, as well as music. The game is pretty straightforward, you're a girl named Lili, who has to collect magical flowers for her school project.

Lyne
Current price: $.89

This one is a puzzle game. Where you need to connect various geometric shapes with the corresponding ones. (Triangles to Triangles etc etc). It's a simple, yet sophisticated game.

Hook
Current price: $.89

Like the one above, this is a puzzle game. It's very simple in concept, but is actually harder than it may seem. It involves having lines that are connected to hooks, where you then press a button to release it.

That's all I got for now,

I'll update when I search more tomorrow or w/e.

Last edited:
Very nice, thank you. =]

I really like that Lili: Child of Geos. Looks serene. For $.99 that's a steal!

I kinda wanna get Grandia II. Played it on PS2 when I was 18, but never got to finish it. I prefer Grandia though.

Then there's Lightning Returns: FFXIII...should I even...? Only $10. I'll sleep on it.

Stardew Valley - Okay, I'm tempted. Love Harvest Moon games, and I heard this one's better. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive, apparently. Might get it for my kids.

Banished - Highly recommend it. The music really adds depth to the entire gameplay. I remember putting so much hours into this a couple years ago; so incredibly addictive.

For @Harlequin: Rising World ...Dramatic music and all.

Very nice, thank you. =]

I really like that Lili: Child of Geos. Looks serene. For $.99 that's a steal!

I kinda wanna get Grandia II. Played it on PS2 when I was 18, but never got to finish it. I prefer Grandia though.

Then there's Lightning Returns: FFXIII...should I even...? Only $10. I'll sleep on it.

Stardew Valley - Okay, I'm tempted. Love Harvest Moon games, and I heard this one's better. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive, apparently. Might get it for my kids.

Banished - Highly recommend it. The music really adds depth to the entire gameplay. I remember putting so much hours into this a couple years ago; so incredibly addictive.

For @Harlequin: Rising World ...Dramatic music and all.

I've played just over an hour of Lili, and it's fantastic. The game makes me want to stop, and just screencap the world. Which, I should have, especially when it's at 1440p setting :lew:. I'll probably go back and get some screenshots and litter FFF with them.

I keep seeing, and hearing about Stardew Valley, but idk, I'm not really big on the 16bit, 32bit games anymore.

So finally broke down and got steam and looks like just in time :wacky:

So I got the Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 for $3.99 can't wait to really replay this again!

Then I also got a game that looked really good that I've been tempted to play just never bothered because of not having steam called "This War is Mine" for $4.99. This is downloading now and it looked really good! I will have to tell you if it is good once I actually play it...meaning I stop playing Roller Coaster Tycoon...

So finally broke down and got steam and looks like just in time :wacky:

So I got the Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 for $3.99 can't wait to really replay this again!

Then I also got a game that looked really good that I've been tempted to play just never bothered because of not having steam called "This War is Mine" for $4.99. This is downloading now and it looked really good! I will have to tell you if it is good once I actually play it...meaning I stop playing Roller Coaster Tycoon...

This War of Mine is good. My only advice would be - dont start over too many times. Live with your decision - that's half the fun. Making mistakes and trying to recover.

Back