Fan Fiction The Bevelle Archives -Final Fantasy X- : The Tiny Bees

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Setting
  • 256 years pre-Final Fantasy X.
  • An abundance of summoner pilgrimages are taking place.
  • Much of Spira's cities and towns are under expansion and/or reconstruction.
Primary Focal Points
  • The Tiny Bees
    • Secret and elite group, created by the Bevelle government, which conducts top secret and "off the books" missions/tasks.
    • Consists of warriors, mages, assassins, Al Bhed, etc.
  • Belgemine
    • Aided Yuna in Final Fantasy X with aeons during her pilgrimage, as an unsent.
    • In this story, we join her mid-pilgrimage.
  • An Al Bhed civil war.
Format
  • Third person perspective.
  • 13 chapters. Chapters will be split into parts.
Chapter 1-1 coming this week sometime. ^_^

Last edited:
Primary Characters
  • Dinah Leru: A former warrior monk of Bevelle. Now a senior agent overseeing various military operations for the city-state.
  • Sulva Guado: A talented, but troubled, blitzball forward for the Guado Glories.

Chapter 1-1

"The Glories win it 2-1!" the blitzball announcer's voice echoes throughout the arena. "Our next match will be in 45 minutes, with the Ronso Fangs versus the Al Bhed Psyches!"

Following the match, in the Glories' locker room, the team is cheering their victory, which places them in the final match of the year's tournament. "Alright, guys!" the team captain shouts; everyone quiets to some mutters. "Listen up. We're not done yet. We still have the finals. I don't have to tell you guys how tough these guys are. Those Ronso are the best defensive players in the league, and don't get me started on the Al Bhed. They've won it the last five years."

"Ha, I think we got 'em this year, though," Glories forward Sulva boasts. "All that new training? Given us the upper hand the whole tournament." Much of the team mutters aloud in agreement.

"That's true, that's true," the captain continues. "The new players on both teams could pose some problems, though."

A defenseman stands, pounds his chest with a hand, and says, "We got this, cap! We'll definitely use everything you taught us for this season." The other players stand and begin to chant loudly for a while, before quieting some.

Sulva pats the captain on the arm and nods. "Hey, we got you, cap," he assures. The forward then turns to his team, shouting, "For the glory!"

"For the Guado!" the team finishes.

A couple of hours later, the semi-final match between the Fangs and the Psyches ends, with a 3-2 win for the Fangs in overtime. Following the match, many fans and players from all teams gather in the city square for a pre-final celebration. Drinks flow, children play, and the sounds of lively music and laughter fill not only the square, but the entire city.

In the bar, Sulva and some of his teammates are quite a few drinks in, with their loud cheers heard throughout the bar. "Are we gonna kick some Ronso ass tomorrow, boys?" he yells boisterously. Some of the guys cheer, but one passes out on the table before getting the chance. "Oh damn, one down!" Sulva jokes before passing out himself.

Across the bar, the Bevelle agent Dinah nods in the direction of Sulva. "Collect him," she orders a handful of men.

Last edited:
Primary Characters
  • Dinah Leru
  • Hesius: Genius scientist (specifically physics and alchemy), machinist, and engineer. Wanted by Bevelle officials for "unlawful scientific experimentation".

Chapter 1-2

Hesius peeks from around the corner of the building, steadying his breath, watching for any monks. "Don't remember 'em bein' so organized before," he whispered to himself. After looking around to spot any exit points, he finds a narrow, but manageable, space between two small buildings to his left. "Perfect."

As he squeezes between the buildings and inches his way towards an assumed alleyway, a YAT-98b mech slowly descends and blocks his destination, but fortunately the mech did not notice him. As it hovers away from the narrow space, Hesius sighs quietly and continues inching his way forward. He then peeks his head out to look for the mech, but it was not in sight, and the scientist finally steps into the alleyway. "Gotta get back to the shop," he sighs, keeping a watch out for the mech as he begins to jog towards the nearest back street.

Within the next half hour, Hesius reaches his shop. The lights flicker on automatically, as does the thick steel door close behind him after entering. He claps his hands, and calls out, "NERA, Daddy's home." A hum is heard throughout the large shop, and equipment powers on. After skipping up a small flight of metal stairs, Hesius sits at a terminal, and pops his knuckles. "Okay, listen up close, sweetheart," he orders, typing away on a flat, transparent keyboard. "I think I pinpointed where the shard's at in the temple. Trouble is, pretty sure I was spotted by some monks. Need ya to do a full scan of the area."

After a few moments of silence, the AI NERA responds, "Ms. Dinah is here to see you, sir."

Hesius halts his typing immediately, stands slowly, and inches a hand to his belt, whispering angrily, "Failed to mention that, did ya?" Before being able to pull a gadget from his belt, cold steel presses on the side of his head; monks slowly surround him. "Heya, boys. Fine day, huh?"

Dinah chuckles softly while walking up the metal stairs. "I see you still have the girl recognizing my voice and fingerprints," she playfully notes. "I'm kinda flattered, actually. Makes me feel like I still have a home here." A monk forcefully turns the scientist to face the approaching Dinah. She stops, drops her jaw some, and gasps in mocking disbelief. "Not happy to see me?"

Hesius winces, spits, and asks, "The hell you want?"

Dinah has a quick look around, clicks her tongue, and responds in a serious and firm tone, "You're not getting that shard, you know. In fact, we confiscated the other two you stole. But I'm here to overlook all of that, in exchange for your... services."

Hesius's face turns red, and he begins cursing, "Ya dumb broad, you're out your damn -" A monk jabs the back of the scientist's head with a rifle, knocking the man unconscious.

Dinah kneels down and gently plays with Hesius's short, thick hair, but then grips it firmly and pulls his head up close to her mouth. "What'd I say about calling me that?" She drops the man's head back to the floor, then walks away, with the sound of her boots echoing throughout the shop. "Until next time, NERA," she sings.

Back