A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
As reported on June 14:

screen2dzlzc.png

If you pre-order Final Fantasy XV, you will have an extra little game thrown into the package too. This is A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV. This is a side-scrolling game beat-em-up starring a younger King Regis from 30 years ago. He will be slashing his way through his enemies with a mix of magical abilities, summons, warp strike and some companions.

screen2dzlzc.png

regisr4bvb.png

Shoryuken!

ok28xxaf.png

So far this is only confirmed for North America and there is no word yet on whether this game will also be a pre-order bonus in other territories. To be able to play this game your pre-order will have to made through GameStop or EBgames in the United States and Canada.

In addition is the near-complete North American box art. It's reversible!

boxartedxvp.png

reverse62apx.png

What are some thoughts on this?

Like Kingsglaive, I don't think it's an entirely necessary addition. But it still sounds fun. I'm interested in knowing how the "battle system" will be. (I'm not ordering from Gamestop, though, so I won't know. >_<)

I'm hoping the story won't be lacking, though, and adds to the main game.

This game looks really cool to me under the assumption that there is story to it. If the game is like "Jetpack Joyride" or some other coin collector/play on the toilet for 5 minutes at a time game then it will be a hard pass.

Back