Multiple Platforms Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil

27622757266_a7f23917ae_h.jpg

Capcom has announced Resident Evil 7 Biohazard for the PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC. Also available via Playstation VR, Steam and Windows 10 store. It ramps up the tension with the immerse first-person view that the classic Resident Evil had with a photorealistic graphical style. Resident Evil 7 is set after the events of Resident Evil 6, taking places in modern day and revolving around a foreboding, derelict plantation mansion in rural America. PS4 owners can get a taste of this exciting new chapter of the Resident Evil series by downloading the "Resident Evil 7 Teaser: "Beginning Hour" demo.

27045998644_903f4e1810_h.jpg

This free demo is available exclusively to all Playstation Plus subscribers at this time, and offers a sense of the intense and terrifying experience awaiting you. Pre-orders for North America via the Playstation Store are available starting today and come with the exclusive Resident Evil 7 dynamic PS4 theme. True survivalists who pre-order the Standard or Digital Deluxe version will receive the survival pack, which includes an early unlock to the hardest difficulty mode as well as a special item set when the game releases. Pre-orders for the Xbox One and PC will be available soon.

27045998544_c69a240073_h.jpg

Resident Evil 7 will be released on January 24, 2017 for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Last edited:
Ah, I see they've kind of pressed the reset button on the series. (Not that this is a reboot by any means; it all still ties together.) But now we have a different environment, new characters, and a new chapter to expand on. I have the demo, but haven't had the chance to play it yet. I'm curious to mess around with the new mechanics I'd heard about.

Resident Evil 6 was a mess with its identity issues, so I'm glad they're taking this seemingly fresh approach.

As promising as this looks, I am not going hold my breath on it... I am not going make the mistake of buying it before I really get to see the finish product... Capcom has had a history of "oopsies" for Resident Evil this last generation....

I loved the demo. It looks like ganados are the enemy, seeing as the enemies have minds of their own? Granted, I would have prefered a bit of a longer demo, but it was fine. It gave me promise for the finished game, looking at the actual horror aspects and lack of fighting ability (though I'm sure you'll be able to fight back eventually).

Has anyone figured out what the mannequin finger and axe are for? :s

I'm hoping that they are going to explain how this character got to this random mansion. It follows RE6, so I hope we find out what happens to Sherry, Jake, etc. I'm also hoping Jill shows up, and hopefully Claire. There was rumours a long time ago that Rebecca would show up in RE7, but given the setting right now, those rumours are false. Who is the hooded figure on the boxart? That is what interests me most right now.

Does first person RE bother you guys? A lot of people seem pissed off about this. Imo, RE needs more horror than action, therefore I'm ok with this change.

As promising as this looks, I am not going hold my breath on it... I am not going make the mistake of buying it before I really get to see the finish product... Capcom has had a history of "oopsies" for Resident Evil this last generation....

I totally agree with this. Capcom has indeed ruin most of the games from the series. The best games they made are Resident Evil: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Revelations. The rest of them didn't have that survival feeling that fans are looking for.

I loved the demo. It looks like ganados are the enemy, seeing as the enemies have minds of their own? Granted, I would have prefered a bit of a longer demo, but it was fine. It gave me promise for the finished game, looking at the actual horror aspects and lack of fighting ability (though I'm sure you'll be able to fight back eventually).

Has anyone figured out what the mannequin finger and axe are for? :s

From what I know up to date no one knows what is the mannequin finger is for. As for the axe is probably for defending yourself. They probably will be used further into the game.

I totally agree with this. Capcom has indeed ruin most of the games from the series. The best games they made are Resident Evil: Director's Cut, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Revelations. The rest of them didn't have that survival feeling that fans are looking for.

From what I know up to date no one knows what is the mannequin finger is for. As for the axe is probably for defending yourself. They probably will be used further into the game.

I'll add Resi Zero and Code Veronica X to the above for sure. Two of my favourites :monocle:.

I'll add Resi Zero and Code Veronica X to the above for sure. Two of my favourites :monocle:.

I totally forgot about them. They too have that survival experience in them. The way the Resident Evil 7 demo has a similar gameplay style as The House of the Dead. If you look at how the zombie attacks you from behind, it looks similar to the zombies from The House of the Dead. One thing I didn't like is how the zombie walks the hallway and disappears as soon as you enter the hallway.

That takes away some scare factors to the game by doing that. It would be more scarier if you see the zombie walking in the hallway as the original classics, and hear their growls and footsteps.

Does first person RE bother you guys? A lot of people seem pissed off about this. Imo, RE needs more horror than action, therefore I'm ok with this change.
Yeah, first person is fine. In fact, for the horror genre, I think it's more suitable, honestly. It adds to the intensity of the mood and environment, which RE has been known for since even the first game.

Looks like herbs are making a proper comeback? (I haven't played RE6, and I honestly can't remember if RE5 had them. :lew:)

“Take a first look at the healing items in the game! Oh wait… what’s this coin doing here?” reads the Capcom newsletter, which shows a little gold coin sat beside a medicine bottle.

3106461-5219563217-CpGNj.jpg

That coin, though? :hmmm: I sense the return of the RE4 merchant.

This game had slowly been growing on me after the initial announcement with the puzzles and examinable items, but after playing the final demo I no longer care about this game. The controls just feels so incredibly bad, that I just can't see myself enjoying the full release. And combat was awfull. The gun and axe have NO stopping power at all. I get it, I get it; trying to make running away the more viable option. But your character is a slug by even early Resi standards.
Plus there isn't really any sign of the series' myth ark, and I can't sympathise with a faceless protagonist. So narrative vise I have no investment either.

I'll just put this in the category of disappointments with FFXV.

I'm not entirely against first person, but it does prevent the protagonis from having an identity to me. Also based on the demo I played, the fps camera makes the game feel incredibly clunky and sluggish even by classic RE standards.
I do like the lesser focus on action setpieces, return of puzzles and being able to examine items more closely for clues and secrets. But the gunplay in the demo was terrible, the gun was utterly useless due to it's lack of stopping power. Which I found to be a major deal breaker because even in the first RE games shooting at least felt satisfying. And as someone who prefers horror games with combat, I'm not all that hopefull or exited for this game. I don't like the indie horror hide and seek style of gameplay.

RE7 doesn't even seem to have any connection to the series myth-ark, and I actually care about that stuff.
Plus the primary antagonists are basically the inbred hillbillies from any generic hollywood crap horror flick. Hillbillies are not scary, they're just annoying. And they're immortal so you'll have to look at them for the whole game. No thanks.

Ah, seems I'm repeating myself regarding this game. I'll go sit in a corner now.

I think i'll leave this a while before getting.

haven't really looked too far into it. Loved the earlier resident evils and then played RE5 co-op mode with a friend and that was fun. Haven't played any RE games in a while its fair to say.

Back