Old rumors that you think could make it into the remake?

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
I'm sure if any of you had internet when Final Fantasy VII came out you came across some crazy rumors. From reviving Aerith to getting characters such as Rufus or even Sephiroth on your team (without using a gameshark), to even having more color chocobos to recruit.

My question is do you think with the remake that any of these crazy rumors you heard back in the day could actually happen?

For me I think the different color chocobo's could happen, depending on how much of the original Chocobo stuff they keep (like having to have a golden Chocobo to get Knights of the Round) or I do remember the infamous Japanese only Test 0 monster that was supposedly in the Corel Prison "well" if you you could call that thing a well with no water....

What do you think? Do you think that Square will have some fun and make some of these crazy rumors true?

Different coloured Chocobos would be nice, and likely.
I don't think stuff like reviving Aerith would be included - although there are bound to be easter eggs and some of them may be referring to the fact that so many people believed it was possible.

Hopefully the golden saucer is expanded but other than that I cant really think of too many 'rumours' from the original game. I just hope they flesh out the whole game now that consoles are able to handle bigger worlds. I want more towns and stuff on the way from Kalm to Junon, you know? Theres a Farm, a mine, a fort and thats pretty much it? Seems odd when you've travelled through a whole continent :grin:

Different coloured Chocobos would be nice, and likely.
I don't think stuff like reviving Aerith would be included - although there are bound to be easter eggs and some of them may be referring to the fact that so many people believed it was possible.

Hopefully the golden saucer is expanded but other than that I cant really think of too many 'rumours' from the original game. I just hope they flesh out the whole game now that consoles are able to handle bigger worlds. I want more towns and stuff on the way from Kalm to Junon, you know? Theres a Farm, a mine, a fort and thats pretty much it? Seems odd when you've travelled through a whole continent :grin:

This. The ability to flesh everything out is also exactly why I have no problem paying for a trilogy, assuming they use that to their advantage. There are a lot of areas that could use major improvement, which more breadth could provide (the silly relationship between Cloud and Aeris being just one example). So I'm looking forward to things being expanded in ways that are hopefully meaningful.

As far as the extra colored chocobos goes... don't even talk about that, lol. I spent so long on one rumor, that said that if you won 999 races in a row with a golden chocobo, and then bred it with another golden chocobo, you'd get a brown one that could fly. I don't think I need to explain how that turned out for me.

I'm most curious about what they'll do with the start of the second reactor mission. When you jump off the train, you can obviously go the wrong way down the tunnel. If you do, you reach a doorway that infinitely spawns Shinra soldiers. One of the rumors back then was that you could fight those guys for like three hours, and then they would call out an actual member of SOLDIER, namely Zack. He would recognize Cloud, and join the party. Obviously not expecting that, but doing something with that doorway and those soldiers (assuming it still exists in some form) would be great.

I'm most curious about what they'll do with the start of the second reactor mission. When you jump off the train, you can obviously go the wrong way down the tunnel. If you do, you reach a doorway that infinitely spawns Shinra soldiers. One of the rumors back then was that you could fight those guys for like three hours, and then they would call out an actual member of SOLDIER, namely Zack. .

I think stuff like this is a great example - I imagine there was SOMETHING there, and they had to cut it due to time/space constraints. I'm so excited for a fleshed out gameworld.

Back