Gil
Edgar's Tent
FFXIV
L'ulech Tia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
I don't know how familiar folks around here are with Christina Grimmie, but while I can't claim to be a close follower myself I was very sad today to hear that she was shot and killed following her last concert. She was a true talent and had a powerful voice that few singers can pull off. I enjoyed many of her YouTube covers and a number of years ago even made a Final Fantasy fan video set to one of them. It's one of the best covers I've ever heard, and this is the only video I've ever made of this nature. Considering the lyrics of the song in light of this event, well...it makes it all the more powerful.

I know this is Luca and not the Sleeping Forest, but if I can say so without starting any religious discussion, the thing I always appreciated most about Christina Grimmie was not just her talent, but that she was dedicated and open about her faith in God. Because of that, she truly can say "You shoot me down, but I won't fall." Never could anyone have imagined how literal those words would be for her, but the truth of the matter is, her death in this life is not the end for her, but only the beginning of a new and better life in the presence of her Savior.

Christina Grimmie, you were titanium. Your talent and passion will be sorely missed. The world was robbed of your presence far too soon, but the next will only the better for it. Thank you for your music, and thank you for standing up.

Wow...had no idea until I saw this thread.

Ugh, how devastating...

Absolutely horrific.

I can't say I have ever heard of her until today and nor have I ever been familiar with her work on Youtube, but this was an absolutely senseless death of a talented young woman at such a young age and at probably the most exciting point of her career.

I don't know what would possess anyone to gun her down like that. Unfortunately, as he decided to take the easy way out instead of facing the consequences of his actions in front of a court of law, we will now never know why. And let's not even get started on the easy access to firearms in the country...

This is absolutely sickening, disgusting, and wrong. She looked like such a beautiful young woman that was passionate about singing. I don't know what sort of insanity one has went through to just shoot a girl of this nature. I don't know her one bit but it doesn't mean I can't comment on such an act of villainy

Wait, I only subbed to her a few months back. I can't believe this 0_0. There are so many arseholes in the world :sad3:.

I came across her a long while back. Massive Zelda fan. I really enjoyed her Above all that is Random videos. Can only imagine how her friends and family are feeling. I'm sorry for their loss.

No words for this happening. I guess it's great YouTube captures the good moments, so we should be grateful for that.

Back