What bossa nova song does Costa Del Sol sample?

The Witch

I myself am strange and unusual
Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
Last year while listening to spotify I came across a bossa nova song that was nearly identical to Costa Del Sol's song. I can't remember who did it or what it was called. All I know is it was all instrumental. Do any of you know of any songs that sound like it?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Is it definitely a sample do you know or do they just sound similar? I had a listen to a 2011 album but most of the songs sound kinda the same to me so I wouldn't like to guess at which one you mean :X

Oh no, this was like impossible to differentiate between the costa del sol song and an authentic boss nova track. it sounded identical, so much that i thought the ff7 OST was added to spotify.

I'm not intimate enough with the bossa nova genre to know if there was a particular track which inspired Nobuo Uematsu's theme tune for 'Costa Del Sol', but given that the place is designed to be a blissful seaside resort then I guess the chilled, relaxing style of bossa nova might have been considered more appropriate than the directly Spanish music that might otherwise have accompanied a place named for a popular holiday destination in Spain.

Bossa nova works wonderfully with FFVII's Costa Del Sol. Here, even evil scientists like Hojo can sunbathe in public and nobody really cares. Everyone can just chill and soak up the sun.

I'm not aware of Nobuo sampling a particular track, but it's not impossible that he might have used aspects of a bassline or melody of songs of this genre. If you ever encounter the track again, please post it here as I'm really interested in hearing it!

I think it was likely nobuo was inspired by the genre in general, although it does start out sounding very similar to dusty springfield's "spooky".

Back