Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Just a fun thread idea..... since there is some debate about this on the internet. Which do you prefer?

img_chara_luna_full.jpg

VS

luna___leviathan_i_by_stellaearrente-d9xkmkf.jpg

They are such radically different designs since the movie is aiming for realistic depictions of the characters and in game, she looks cuter. You could still see the burning resolve in each of their faces but some FF fans aren't taking movie Luna's face well. While her face is very different, it isn't ugly by any means and I think both designs are very well done, but I would definitely say the movie Luna had much more inspiration in the design since Luna looks like a carbon copy of Stella Nox Fleuret but with a cuter face. I think movie Luna gets my vote here. She looks much more serious, like something out of Game of Thrones (haha) and I think the inspiration in her design for the movie could make her a different character than what we get in game. The designs in Kingslaive look like our answer to modern day Versus XIII, therefore I could see it being darker, and therefore her design reflects that. She looks much more like a leader and in game; she looks like she is standing there to look pretty and it is the direct opposite in the movie. There is a more serious look in the movie right now to her. As we know, Luna's perspective in the movie is going to be a very important part, and in the game, she's "out of reach" and likely only appears in cutscenes.

Movie Luna gets my vote. http://i.imgur.com/popN94u.webm she looks more like a leader in it, imo. The face doesn't bother me :hmmm:

I mean; movie Luna looks more like a real person but the game one is more aesthetically pleasing :wacky:

kingsglaive hands down

i really didnt like her game version, but the movie version is to die for

i want her shoes :gonk:

One looks like a real person. The CG is able to convincingly capture all these subtle nuances in the facial expressions and despite some detractors deriding this version as her looking "old", or she's come down on an illness or that she's even on meth(!), I can easily believe that she is a woman in her mid-20s who isn't wearing make-up and who may have come down with stress because the empire has decided to come knocking at her door.

The other is...okay by in-game standards. It's easily a step up from some character models we have seen in the past and it isn't that anime, but it looks like a doll next to the CG movie version.

The biggest problem I have is the lack of consistency between them. It is going to be noticeably jarring when switching from the movie style to the game and accept that they are supposed to be the same character.

I honestly don't see a difference minus in their clothing :wacky: and I am not going judge a character based on their clothes... The fact that this is really causing a debate is....laughable... I swear FFXV has got to have so many debates about things when the game isn't even out yet...

Sure I see SOME little minor differences here and there but I honestly can say to me I am going choose "I can't decide" since really I don't see the major differences minus clothing... which I bet FFXV will have Changing clothes DLC for those that like the dress in the movie better... thanks a lot internet debate for probably more dlc! :elmo:

Really? There is quite the significant difference. :wacky:

irsyj.jpg

BXk8oCM.jpg

I prefer the movie designs so much more. My only real complaint (I'm not as hard on Nyx's mullet as other people are) is how all the important characters - at least the ones with names - all seem to be white.

Given that there are shots depicting some rather diverse faces and ones you don't ordinarily see in Final Fantasy, but they will likely only be very minor or will serve as cannon fodder, I am a bit disappointed in that department. I don't want to necessarily cry "whitewashing", as real a problem as this is in today's entertainment industry, because it's not like Nyx and crew were ever pre-established characters of another ethnicity, but it couldn't hurt at all to have at least one non-white face play a major role in the Kingsglaive.

But yeah, the above is some food for thought and not as embarrassing as internet fights over which version of someone's blonde video game waifu looks prettier or uglier.

I like Luna's in-game facial features more, but on the other hand I like Kingsglaive Luna's attire far more. Yay for option 3.

Game version all the way. Movie version looks like a combination of the game version and Lena Headey, which is just weird. It's like the shock of seeing a character being played by a live actor who looks nothing like them...except, it isn't really a live actor in this case. So the resemblance isn't perfect to either, it's just somewhere in between.

I like them both, the movie version of Lunafreya looks almost real... But, the game Lunafreya looks cute in her own right.

Game version all the way. Movie version looks like a combination of the game version and Lena Headey, which is just weird. It's like the shock of seeing a character being played by a live actor who looks nothing like them...except, it isn't really a live actor in this case. So the resemblance isn't perfect to either, it's just somewhere in between.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love in game Luna but there aren't many screens of her and we don't have official art yet, therefore the movie Luna is more pleasing to me. Still, I can understand your view.

Movie version looks like a combination of the game version and Lena Headey, which is just weird.

:hmmm: Interesting. I just dont see that at all - especially looking at Laurens screenshot showcasing the huge difference between the two. I mean she looks more like Headey in the sense that I think the game version just looks like a generic attractive game female and the movie one looks like an actual human.

I think I'll like in game Luna alot more than the film Luna. I also don't know how I feel about different people voicing the characters in the movie and game. I hope its not that noticable? At least Arydn (Sp?) is the same guy, he does a pretty good job.

I think I prefer the game Luna over the movie Luna, but it was a tough decision to be honest because both character models look amazing.

After watching the film and playing 11 hours of the game, I definitely prefer the in game Luna. The film Luna looks much older than her age (I am in my mid 20s and feel she looks at least 15 years older than my friends, and even some of my friends in their late 30s). Furthermore, her eyes are too piercing for my tastes...

The darker blue colour given to the game Luna makes her appear kinder. Having said that, she looks quite weak and innocent too.

I just came here to say that the first version of Lunafreya looks like an elf to me. But she doesn't look that that anymore.

Oh, and for the whitewashing nonsense, oh, they made sure people of color play major roles in Kingsglaive. Not main roles, but major ones.

I just came here to say that the first version of Lunafreya looks like an elf to me. But she doesn't look that that anymore.

Oh, and for the whitewashing nonsense, oh, they made sure people of color play major roles in Kingsglaive. Not main roles, but major ones.
When was whitewashing brought up in this thread?

Back